Light Series discussion

Some fun links:

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jennifer (last edited Mar 21, 2010 09:01AM) (new)

Jennifer DeLucy (jennifer_delucy) | 65 comments Mod
UPDATE: Official publication company trailer for Seers of Light now available: http://www.youtube.com/user/OmnificPu...

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lp5xZ...

Jen's author site: http://jenniferdelucy.com/

Jen's original song for book: http://www.myspace.com/jenniferdelucy

Seers of Light Forum: http://seersoflight.com/user/Discussi...

Jen's blog: http://jenniferdelucy.blogspot.com/

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I absolutely can't wait to read this book? Need a book review? I can do one for ya on my blog, here and amazon.....:D

message 3: by Litbitchbaby (new)

Litbitchbaby | 1 comments This book is definitely on my wishlist.

And that original song is gorgeous omg.

message 4: by Jess (new)

Jess Jenkins (authorjessbowen) | 2 comments The book is definitely a must read! I finished it yesterday and I'm about to beg Jen unabashedly for more. LOL!

message 5: by Mombailey1973 (new)

Mombailey1973 | 1 comments Jennifer!! That trailer with yourmusic is giving me chills!! Amazing...

Written Word Review (ginger_katie) | 9 comments Hello everyone... How y'all doing? My name is Caitlin and as you can see I like to use the word y'all. (don't count that against me:-) Lol...

Written Word Review (ginger_katie) | 9 comments I can't wait to read Seers of Light...

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Woot! Hey, sexy ladies, thanks for the kind words! I love to see you guys playing here. And you know... another few links you might be interested in are those from the review done by The Unread Reader blog..

One is an author interview (HUGE spoiler alert!):
http://www.theunreadreader.com/2010/0...

And then a character feature: (Sexy beast alert): http://www.theunreadreader.com/2010/0...

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Dawn wrote: "I absolutely can't wait to read this book? Need a book review? I can do one for ya on my blog, here and amazon.....:D"

Dawn, I would be just plain tickled to accept your book reviews. <3

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Litbitchbaby wrote: "This book is definitely on my wishlist.

And that original song is gorgeous omg."

Thanks, lady! The music and the writing go hand in hand for me. Never could decide between them, so why not just do them both!

message 11: by Jennifer (new)

Jessica wrote: "The book is definitely a must read! I finished it yesterday and I'm about to beg Jen unabashedly for more. LOL!"

*MWAH*

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Mombailey1973 wrote: "Jennifer!! That trailer with yourmusic is giving me chills!! Amazing..."

Then I have achieved my goal! *winks*

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Written Word Review wrote: "Hello everyone... How y'all doing? My name is Caitlin and as you can see I like to use the word y'all. (don't count that against me:-) Lol..."

Caitlin, I, too, love to use the word ya'll, and I am NOT from the South, so I have no idea why I say it. Just can't help myself.

message 14: by Christine (new)

Christine (cdunbar) Jennifer wrote: "Caitlin, I, too, love to use the word ya'll, and I am NOT from the South, so I have no idea why I say it. Just can't help myself."

As someone who lives in the South (i.e., Texas, the only state that matters), I will grant you, Jennifer, non-Southern privileges. This means you can say 'y'all' whenever you want and wear cowboy boots on Casual Fridays, along with a few other things.

Written Word Review (ginger_katie) | 9 comments Christine wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Caitlin, I, too, love to use the word ya'll, and I am NOT from the South, so I have no idea why I say it. Just can't help myself."

As someone who lives in the South (i.e., Texas, ..."

Woo-hoo another Texan!!!

message 16: by Jennifer (new)

Christine wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Caitlin, I, too, love to use the word ya'll, and I am NOT from the South, so I have no idea why I say it. Just can't help myself."

As someone who lives in the South (i.e., Texas, ..."

YES!! I am so taking you up on that, and when I come to TX for book events, I'm telling people that you gave me permission, so I don't get any flack for using the word.

message 17: by Jennifer (new)

Written Word Review wrote: "Christine wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Caitlin, I, too, love to use the word ya'll, and I am NOT from the South, so I have no idea why I say it. Just can't help myself."

As someone who lives in the So..."

You know, some of my best friends are from Texas... the bonds run deep. I've been to Dallas and Amarillo... where are you guys from?

Written Word Review (ginger_katie) | 9 comments Jennifer wrote: "Written Word Review wrote: "Christine wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Caitlin, I, too, love to use the word ya'll, and I am NOT from the South, so I have no idea why I say it. Just can't help myself."

As..."

I'm from Houston...

message 20: by Jennifer (new)

Written Word Review wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Written Word Review wrote: "Christine wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Caitlin, I, too, love to use the word ya'll, and I am NOT from the South, so I have no idea why I say it. Just can't ..."

Hmm. Yet another awesome Texas city to add to my list of must visits.

message 21: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer wrote: "Written Word Review wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Written Word Review wrote: "Christine wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Caitlin, I, too, love to use the word ya'll, and I am NOT from the South, so I have no id..."

I am from Pennsylvania originally. I love in the Midwest for now.

Written Word Review (ginger_katie) | 9 comments If you visit houston you should stop by Blue Willow Bookshop for a signing... It's the best place for it. They have a great staff and their events are well managed...

Written Word Review (ginger_katie) | 9 comments cool I used to live in Ohio,,,It had no starbucks and more cows than people...

message 24: by Jennifer (new)

Written Word Review wrote: "If you visit houston you should stop by Blue Willow Bookshop for a signing... It's the best place for it. They have a great staff and their events are well managed..."

Blue Willow Book Shop. Sounds fantastic. I will absolutely tuck that away for future notice. Thank you!!

message 25: by Jennifer (new)

Written Word Review wrote: "cool I used to live in Ohio,,,It had no starbucks and more cows than people..."

HAH! Yeah, Pennsylvania is way different. There are tons of people and not many cows... and a lot of Starbucks.

Written Word Review (ginger_katie) | 9 comments Well...I'm going to sign off.... May all your dreams tonight be filled with love, hope, bliss, and anything else your heart could possibly wish...

See y'all tomorrow ;-)

message 27: by Shannan (new)

Shannan (girlsinthestacks) All these comments make me smile!! I too, am from Texas (colleyville, which is in between Dallas and Fort Worth. Close to many a starbucks, thank goodness!!) and use ya'll everyday. I also have, on occasion, used the word "howdy!"
I am so anxious to read this book! I can't wait to put it at the top of my stack!! I'm excited!
Good night, Shannan

message 28: by Jennifer (new)

Shannan / GirlsInTheStacks.com wrote: "All these comments make me smile!! I too, am from Texas (colleyville, which is in between Dallas and Fort Worth. Close to many a starbucks, thank goodness!!) and use ya'll everyday. I also have,..."

Shannan! More Texan belles! This place is getting hotter by the minute. And thank you for the Seers support! I have to say you guys are some awesome ladies. xoxo

message 29: by Tutti (new)

Tutti Dolci (tuttidolci) Wow, the music is haunting and beautiful. Makes me quite curious about the book. Me thinks it should go on my TBR list. :)

message 30: by Jennifer (last edited Mar 18, 2010 01:25PM) (new)

Kasey wrote: "Wow, the music is haunting and beautiful. Makes me quite curious about the book. Me thinks it should go on my TBR list. :)"

I sure hope you do. I put as much heart into the writing as I do the songs. ;)

message 31: by Christine (new)

Christine (cdunbar) Shannan / GirlsInTheStacks.com wrote: "All these comments make me smile!! I too, am from Texas (colleyville, which is in between Dallas and Fort Worth. Close to many a starbucks, thank goodness!!) and use ya'll everyday. I also have,..."

What? I'm from Hurst! We live right down the road from each other. Well, down 121 anyway. ;)

message 32: by Jess (new)

Jess Jenkins (authorjessbowen) | 2 comments To add to the southern states discussion, I now live in West Virginia but I've lived in Southern California (born there), Arizona, Texas, Mississippi, and South Carolina. Can I say ya'll? Please? LOL!

message 33: by Jennifer (new)

Jessica wrote: "To add to the southern states discussion, I now live in West Virginia but I've lived in Southern California (born there), Arizona, Texas, Mississippi, and South Carolina. Can I say ya'll? Please? LOL!"

Babe, if I had the authority to give you permission to say y'all I totally would. But you have more right to it than I do and I got permission... I would say yes?

message 34: by Hajar Y, (new)

Hajar Y, (quillandkindle) I just read the description of the book and ALL reviews that has been written on Goodreads. All I've to say is "Wow"! I *must* read this!! You have any idea when this title will be available outside of the States?

I seriously hate the fact that books usually hit Malaysian market after they were released for 6-12 months in the States. I feel old already by then *lol*

message 35: by Jennifer (new)

My darling, I'm not sure what availability will be in the Malaysian market, to be honest. Right now, it's available for purchase online through the publisher via the following currencies: U.S. dollar, Aussie dollar, Euro and British pound. The book is also available via Amazon if you have a Kindle, but I'm not certain what methods of payment Amazon allows. I wish it was available in more book stores! But, that could change if the demand is high enough, if enough people write or request copies of their local publishers, etc.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Jennifer wrote: "Dawn wrote: "I absolutely can't wait to read this book? Need a book review? I can do one for ya on my blog, here and amazon.....:D"

Dawn, I would be just plain tickled to accept your book reviews. <3"

Well, then I just need to get my hands on a copy of your wonderful book! Is it out already?

message 37: by Jennifer (new)

Dawn wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Dawn wrote: "I absolutely can't wait to read this book? Need a book review? I can do one for ya on my blog, here and amazon.....:D"

Dawn, I would be just plain tickled to accept..."

It is, indeed. You can get it one of a few ways. Either through the publisher for ebook and print at http://omnificpublishing.com/index.ph...

OR for your Kindle at

http://www.amazon.com/Seers-of-Light-...

message 38: by Jennifer (new)

You can now view the official Seers trailer put out by my publication company at: http://www.youtube.com/user/OmnificPu...

message 39: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (bookcrazyjenn) | 8 comments Jennifer wrote: "Litbitchbaby wrote: "This book is definitely on my wishlist.

And that original song is gorgeous omg."

Thanks, lady! The music and the writing go hand in hand for me. Never could decide between t..."

Is there a way to download it? I soo want it on my Ipod!

message 40: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (bookcrazyjenn) | 8 comments You know what guys - I have just decided - this book is TOOO AWESOME!!!

I am featuring Seers of Light on my blog in April - and I will be giving away 2 copies, internationally! I will buy them and have them shipped to you!

Jennifer is also going to be running a contest, for a signed copy (US)...but I can't pass up the opptunity to get this out to more people it's to good to miss...

So come by Book-Crazy.com after the 18th of April so you can enter to win your own copy - either VIA Jennifer (if your in the US) or VIA me, if your US (AND international)

*SMILE* HAPPY DANCE...I cant STOP thinking about this book, I cant even GET into another book, I just keep tweaking my review - and it's LONG...ACK!!!

message 41: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer wrote: "You know what guys - I have just decided - this book is TOOO AWESOME!!!

I am featuring Seers of Light on my blog in April - and I will be giving away 2 copies, internationally! I will buy them a..."

Jen, there is definitely a way to get the book for an ereader. The Kindle version is on Amazon, and Omnific publishing has a regular ebook: http://omnificpublishing.com/index.ph...

message 42: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (bookcrazyjenn) | 8 comments OH I know, LOL I just cant read via a kindle or ereader since I dont have one...and supporting the authors is what it's all about anyway - so...I am honored to do just that, especially with something I love so much.

message 43: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer wrote: "OH I know, LOL I just cant read via a kindle or ereader since I dont have one...and supporting the authors is what it's all about anyway - so...I am honored to do just that, especially with somethi..."

OOOh, you meant download Lily's song. HAHAHA. My apologies. I was confused. Actually, there is a way. I can email you the MP3. :) jenniferdelucy@gmail.com

message 44: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (bookcrazyjenn) | 8 comments OHH DUH LOL :) Off to email you!

message 45: by Jennifer (new)

Hey, guys. For those who aren't following already, I'd love to see you on my blog: http://jenniferdelucy.blogspot.com/

And if you're on twitter, you can follow me @Jen_DeLucy and @seersoflight

message 46: by Jennifer (new)

Also, my publisher, Omnific publishing, put out the official Seers of Light trailer at http://www.youtube.com/user/OmnificPu...

Hope you enjoy!

message 47: by Jennifer (new)

I added a few pics to my blog of real life locations mentioned in Seers of Light. Enjoy! http://jenniferdelucy.blogspot.com/20...

message 48: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (bookcrazyjenn) | 8 comments OMG Scranton - I remember Scranton....oh to be home again...I used to live in PA, before we moved up to VA...I miss it.

message 49: by Jennifer (new)

From Jennifer Sprague of Book-Crazy Review Blog re: Seers of Light: "Beautifully authentic, true to the heart, a book like no other - with a soft voice and a strong story - Seers Of Light is amazing in each way that counts!"

There's some fun Seers stuff coming up with this blog very soon. I'll be sending out invites! :)

message 50: by Jennifer (new)

Helloooo, beautiful lovelies! Just wanted to swing by and give you guys an outtake contest update!

(From my blog:)

Saturday, April 24, 2010
OUTTAKE CONTEST UPDATE:
Hola, shmexy ladies (and men, if you're out there)! Some news for you. As I realize that lot of folks are just recently jumping on the Seers of Light bandwagon, and after receiving requests that the Outtake Competition deadline be extended, I've decided to do just that.

The updated deadline is now June 1st, 2010.

Again, outtakes must be in keeping with the rules and authenticity of the Seers world, but they may be from any Seers character's point-of-view. The winner will have their work posted on my author's blog, and they will receive an autographed copy of the book! Around a thousand words, please. Email your entries to jenniferdelucy@gmail.com.

Thanks, guys!

« previous 1