What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Sword of Maiden's Tears (Twelve Treasures, #1)
This topic is about The Sword of Maiden's Tears
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Fantasy novel, multiple universes, elf trapped on earth because of all the iron [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ursinus05 (new)

Ursinus05 | 2 comments I'm trying to find a somewhat older fantasy novel I read several years ago. There were multiple universes and it was possible to travel between them. But at the start of the book an elf had come to our earth but gotten trapped because of all the iron. Iron is antithetical to magic and so makes it very hard to leave. A woman meets him and I recall a scene early on where she buys him some new clothes so he'll fit in better and she ends up buying him some very expensive jeans.

Any and all help greatly appreciated

Diane ~Firefly~ | 20 comments I thought it might be The Sword of Maiden's Tears by Rosemary Edghill, but its been years since I read it and the reviews don't mention the iron issue. But I posted this just in case. Good luck.

message 3: by Ursinus05 (new)

Ursinus05 | 2 comments I'll have to get a copy in my hands to be sure but I think that you've probably solved it. I've looked over the reviews and a lot of it sounds familiar. Thank you very much!