Christian Support Group :) discussion

general > Introduce yourself!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 368 (368 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Savannah, Shay-la!!!!!!! (new)

Savannah | 69 comments Mod
Hi my name is Savannah. I am alex's friend. Me and alex started this group when we got angry at so many of the unchristian things that were happeninig in other groups, and decided to do something about it.

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan  (meganem) My name is Megan and I'm Catholic. I love to read, write and many other things

message 3: by Savannah, Shay-la!!!!!!! (new)

that's cool, one of my best friends is catholic.

message 4: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 12 comments My name is Hannah, and I'm Catholic. I love to read, write,and play the piano.

message 5: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (sandycrow) | 373 comments Mod
Hey y'all I'm Sandy and I just joined. I'm a Presbyterian and cinnamon is the one thing other than Jesus that keeps me going :)

message 6: by Katie-la (new)

Katie-la (katiebug2015) | 1 comments hi i'm katie alex's friend but i don't get on much

message 7: by Laura, I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me . . . (last edited Mar 31, 2010 01:15PM) (new)

Laura | 136 comments Mod
Hey, y'all!

No, I'm not from the South - I just love to say 'y'all' :P

I'm Presbyterian as well; actually, Sandy and I used to go to the same church.

I love reading, writing, playing piano, singing, listening to music, photography, and I'm a wretched sinner washed in the blood of the Lamb.

And that's me! :)

message 8: by Laura, I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me . . . (last edited Mar 31, 2010 01:17PM) (new)

Laura | 136 comments Mod
And awesome reason to start this group, y'all - it's pretty cool!!!! :)

Glad to hear you love chocolate, Alex! It makes the world go round, eh? :P :D

"Save the Earth - it's the only planet with chocolate!" (a quote I like)

message 9: by Laura, I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me . . . (new)

Laura | 136 comments Mod
ah - cool! :)

message 10: by Keara (last edited Apr 12, 2010 07:02PM) (new)

Keara (kearachristine) Hey, I'm Nazi/Keara! I'm Mormon/LDS and love using these little slashy things! /: WAHOO!

message 11: by Kaleb (new)

Kaleb (-kal-) | 8 comments Hey guys! I'm Kal (or Kaleb if you wish to call me thus) and I'm Baptist

message 12: by Nikita (last edited Apr 13, 2010 02:50PM) (new)

Nikita (cathi_v) Hi guys, you can call me Cat (though you could also call me Nikita if you want), I read, draw, play piano, and am obsessed with classical music, and I'm Catholic, and sometimes, reading the Bible is one of the only things that keep me from breaking down.

message 13: by Nikita (last edited Apr 13, 2010 07:51PM) (new)

Nikita (cathi_v) Haha it's okay Alex..I just joined yesterday actually, I get that you'd want people to introduce themselves anyway :)

message 14: by Sandy (new)

Oh hey Keara I know you… ;) Welcome, everybody!

message 15: by Savannah, Shay-la!!!!!!! (new)

Thanks everyone for joining. The group just keeps growing and growing...and every one is a great help. :)

Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments Hello! I'm Chiara, I'm Catholic, I play the violin and piano, I'm half italian and like Alex, (drum roll please)

Oh yeah i've just remembered
I LOVE CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 17: by Sandy (new)

*gasp* HOW DID YOU EVER FORGET IN THE FIRST PLACE?!?! DID YOU DARE THINK ABOUT SOMETHING BESIDES CHOCOLATE?!?!

Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments Um.........No?

Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments I got distracted on how much I love chocolate and so forgot what I was gonna write!

message 20: by Sandy (new)

IS there anything to write that doesn't involve chocolate?

message 21: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) Sandy wrote: "Oh hey Keara I know you… ;) Welcome, everybody!"

:O No. Way.

message 22: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) Sandy wrote: "IS there anything to write that doesn't involve chocolate?"

Nope. Chocolate is bliss. :)

message 23: by Savannah, Shay-la!!!!!!! (new)

Chocolate rules... and no i don't think there is, Sandy. lol.

message 24: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (crowlm) | 6 comments Hello, I am Mandy. My church is called a Christian Fellowship, but I was raised a Baptist. I have 4 beautiful kids, and it keeps me very busy. I love to hunt and bowshoot, and read of course!

message 25: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (crowlm) | 6 comments Yes, Spectra, I love archery. I just did a 3D bowshoot with my husband on friday. It was a lot of fun...I am still sore! ;) Nice to meet you!

message 26: by Sandy (new)

Hi you two. *mock gasp* we have an ADULT in the group!!! :)

message 27: by Laura, I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me . . . (new)

Laura | 136 comments Mod
hey, y'all! welcome to the group! :) :) :)

message 28: by Laura, I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me . . . (new)

Laura | 136 comments Mod
sure! me too! :D

message 29: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Hi my name is Elizabeth. I live on a farm in IL, with my three siblings, two goats, a dog, and four cats and five mice not to count the numerous chickens and geese. I am homeschooled by my loving parents and two of my greatest interests are medical herbs and the medieval ages. I also enjoys reading, drawing, sewing, spinning, farm animals and playing the piano.

message 30: by Sandy (new)

Hey I know you :)

message 31: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) :D

message 32: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) You too!
:)

message 33: by austen (new)

austen (oncebef0re) My name is Abby, AKA Pansy, a follower of Jesus. I'm the oldest of my family; I have six younger siblings and three little sisters in heaven (as you may guess, I love children!). I have light brown hair and eyes that won't decide whether to be blue or green. :) I'm "Sixteen Going on Seventeen" (I don't really like that song, just thought it was funny that it described me). I love horses and goats and have a pet parakeet. I've officially graduated homeschool but I'm continuing my studies on my own. I love to write, read, sing, play piano, talk *winks* and do handwork like cross stitch. I'm not sure if I have a favorite singer; I love music but not rock n roll. It gives me headaches. :( One of my favorite singers is Marty Goetz. My favorite sport is basketball, but I desperately want to learn fencing! :( I also love U.S. History, especially the American Revolution. I am writing a historical novel called "One Life to Give"; some of it is in the writing area on Goodreads. Please read and comment if you have the time! Well, that's me! I'm a bit quirky at times but hopefully not too weird for most people. ;) I am so glad there is a group like this. Also check out CGC -- Christian Girls Chat -- if you like. I know Elizabeth and Sandy have already joined.

message 34: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Yeah! I the main mod (I made the group). :D

message 35: by austen (new)

austen (oncebef0re) So please, Elizabeth and I are recruiters! JOIN!!! ;)

message 36: by Savannah, Shay-la!!!!!!! (new)

Glad you joined. :) I'm Savannah. Alex and I are the mods of this group. CGC sounds cool, I'll check it out sometime.

Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments i checked it out but its private so i can't join! :sobs:

message 38: by Sandy (new)

I love that title "One Life to Give!" It's one of those things I get so annoyed to hear because I'm just like, "AAAAAAAH WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?!?!?!" I'll check out your story when I have time! It sounds cool!

message 39: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Chiara wrote: "i checked it out but its private so i can't join! :sobs:"

You can join but I have to approve you. :D

message 40: by austen (new)

austen (oncebef0re) Sandy wrote: "I love that title "One Life to Give!" It's one of those things I get so annoyed to hear because I'm just like, "AAAAAAAH WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?!?!?!" I'll check out your story when I have time..."

Actually, that was the third or fourth title! ;D Writers can be funny, huh?

Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Chiara wrote: "i checked it out but its private so i can't join! :sobs:"

You can join but I have to approve you. :D"

Oh ok! will join now!

message 42: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Great! :D

message 43: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) You're all approved, just so you know!!!!!

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 200 comments Yellow, everyone! :D I'm Rachel, and I thought I might as well share my Catholic/Quaker beliefs. I don't agree 100% with either religion. I was raised Catholic, and have slowly began embracing the Quaker faith. I view my religion as forming a relationship with God, and I feel that we enhance this relationship by loving and caring for others, praying (especially in a conversation-ish way, although that conversation is usually pretty one-sided), and respecting the earth and all its inhabitants. I believe that sin is when we damage our relationship with God, either through directly lashing out at Him, through disrecting others, and through not caring for ourselves. I believe that Hell is the complete separation from God, and I believe that the only people who experience God are those who deny God in His presence (after their death). God is all-loving, and will not impose Himself on us if we don't want to be with Him. I believe that each person has, sort of, God's Voice inside of them. This voice is the most direct connection we have to God's Truth, not the Bible. I believe that the Bible is an account of people who were inspired by God's Voice inside of them, but this account was tainted by their biases. God may be perfect, but the humans listening to him are not.

Thank you for your time.

"To love another person is to see the face of God"
"I believe, I believe, I believe: there is love in Heaven."

Also, I love musicals and Harry Potter.

Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments YELLOW RACHEL!!!

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 200 comments Hey guys, thanks! :D

message 47: by Sandy (new)

Hihihi!!!

message 48: by Aquanetta (new)

Aquanetta (frightening) | 15 comments Hi! I'm not from a Christian family, but I got to Church on my own. I have to admit that I'm real pretty. (Enjoy God's Love!!!) And I'm truly thankful for my beauty.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi all! I'm Dennis a Christian "under construction". A retired US Marine, recovering alcoholic, marathon/ultramarathon runner, husband, father, brother, and friend. I'm trying my best to love God with all my heart, mind, soul, and strength. As well as love my neighbor as I do myself. I'm far from perfect but I'm ok with that. Am always seeking genuine/authentic fellowship with other believers. My pet peeves are dishonesty and arrogance. Love to laugh (often do), make others laugh & smile as well. Glad to be a part of this group and hope to share the love of Christ with all. Semper Fi, Den

message 50: by Aoibheann (new)

Aoibheann | 47 comments Aquanetta wrote: "Hi! I'm not from a Christian family, but I got to Church on my own. I have to admit that I'm real pretty. (Enjoy God's Love!!!) And I'm truly thankful for my beauty."

Hi Aquanetta! From the Debate group?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8