All Things Jim Butcher discussion

Last Call

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jamie (JK) (new)

Jamie (JK) (eimajtl) So, the latest short Dresden story wasn't as good as the others, but I still enjoyed it a lot. I'm wondering whether the events in it'll will come into play in the novels as well.

Anyone else hoping the events will come into play with the novels?

message 2: by Christopher (new)

Christopher | 8 comments Are you referring to _Backup_ ? I enjoyed it just fine, aside from it being too short :)

Or is there another out more recently that I'm not aware of?

I can't wait for the new book due out in April, I have it pre-ordered so it will beam to my Kindle instantly :)

message 3: by Jamie (JK) (new)

Jamie (JK) (eimajtl) It's definitely not Backup, it's the most recent one. It's in the collection called Strange Brew.

It's about a small case Harry and Murphy take on.

message 4: by Gregory (new)

Gregory Haney (haneyg) | 40 comments Mod
Here's a short review:

http://allthingsurbanfantasy.blogspot...

message 5: by Christopher (new)

Christopher | 8 comments Thank you! Just beamed it to my Kindle I'll read it soon :)

message 6: by Christopher (new)

Christopher | 8 comments OK I really enjoyed this short story, although I found certain elements of it to be not as well developed as I'm used to in a Dresden novel.

message 7: by Jamie (JK) (new)

Jamie (JK) (eimajtl) I liked the introduction to... "forgotten" gods. I don't think we've come across the topic so far in the series so it was nifty.

message 8: by Christopher (new)

Christopher | 8 comments Indeed, unless you consider the Fae to be 'gods' of a sort :)

I enjoyed that too. I thought it was interesting that the story revolved around a Maenad, and made me wonder if Jim Butcher is also a _True Blood_ fan :) (Last season revolved around a Maenad as well).

message 9: by Jamie (JK) (new)

Jamie (JK) (eimajtl) I'm not sure what I would consider the Fae - they certainly hold a heck of a lot of power, but they've never really been referred to as gods. However, I guess something doesn't really need the label to be it though.

The Maenad was pretty interesting, I'm hoping we see more of it in the future... though, having read Changes, I'm not sure what's going to happen.