twilight lovers! discussion

Members > Curious!? Anyone else get 'emotional' reading Twilight series?

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zojar (new)

Zojar | 259 comments OK, I don't know if I'm just EXTREMELY hormonal, or what, but New Moon made me get a bit 'wet eyed' at a couple of points. Last night, I finished Eclipse and started Breaking Dawn - OMG, I WAS A MESS!!! I swear I must have forgotten it's called FICTION for a reason, lmao!! Anyone else had to grab the tissues while reading these books, or is it just me?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I know the feeling
I think being hormonal makes it worse though

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Callinicos i always cry at things. movies books stories ya.. and yes i did get "emotional" while reading twilight series

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I cry during books all the time
i get really emotional sometimes

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Never read that book lol
but i cry if it's sad or really romantic

message 6: by Jamie (last edited Mar 16, 2010 03:02PM) (new)

Jamie  (jaymers8413) While I was reading New Moon I was in a continuous bad mood at work and had to hurry to read to the part when they inevitably get back together.

message 7: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 2543 comments I cried while reading Breaking Dawn.

message 8: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystal_f) | 1609 comments I didnt cry but I went through all kinds of emotions while reading Breaking Dawn. I was super excited, really sad, shocked, surprised, fearful, grossed out, laughing histerically, angry, jealous, and just plain happy! I will say it until Im blue in the face Breaking Dawn is my FAV book in the series! Actually its now one of my FAV BOOKS OF ALL TIME! Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 9: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 2543 comments Very emotional Krystal. :D

message 10: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystal_f) | 1609 comments indeed!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

i got teary at some parts in the series!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

yepz!

message 13: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade Really? I didn't cry at all when I read the series... hmm.

Usually, when I read a really good series, I go through a bunch of... er... extreme emotions. ;) Sometimes I end up crying or jumping up and down or laughing hysterically or throwing the book across the room and screaming "IIIII HAAAATE YOOUUUU" at the top of my lungs.

For Twilight? I was just sort of surprised at some parts. No big emotions. (Seriously.) The entire series is really predictable, so I wasn't TOO shocked at the major events. (Although I didn't expect Edward leaving Bella. I admit, I was definitely surprised at that.)

Oh, wait, I got REALLY grossed out during Breaking Dawn. Does that count? :P

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

sadester wrote: "Oh, you should definitely read it!"

I will!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I completly understand, Zojar! I actually cried quit a bit while readind this series. I also did what Krystal said when she wrote "I went through all kinds of emotions while reading Breaking Dawn. I was super excited, really sad, shocked, surprised, fearful, grossed out, laughing histerically, angry, jealous, and just plain happy!"

message 16: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Stephanie | 4175 comments Mod
I got totally emotional when I was reading the series.

message 17: by Zojar (new)

Zojar | 259 comments THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!! I thought I was going to end up bouncing off the walls in padded cell, lmao!!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I have to admit, I hadn't read that much for a while but since January I can't stop reading books. I'm more into 'historical romance/espionage' and the type. But after the recommendation of a friend of mine I decided to give them a go. I have been so pleased I have, I've been loving them. My friend told me (and I quote her) 'it makes you feel like a teenager again', which it does, there's a few things I can 'see' from my past with boys at that age, it's quite funny figuring out who MY Edward and Jacob were froom back then (BTW, I'm not ANCIENT!! I'm 35, which is old enough to laugh about what was, back then, really hard stuff to go through).

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

You aren't that old!
I wonder what I'm gonna think about my past... *shudder*

message 19: by Lois Ella (new)

Lois Ella (miskyella) | 83 comments i am really emotional with movies and books, i don't cry for dumb things. i only cry when the movies or books are good.
the first book i cryd over was "WHERE THE RED FERN GROWS" when i was 7.
when i read the twilight series i got emotional with the series especially with new moon.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

O my goodness I cried so hard over that book when I was about that age

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

lol

message 22: by Bella (new)

Bella | 304 comments I have never gotten emotional reading a book before and it was much different with Twilight! In the first book I wasn't too emotional....actually I wasn't emotional at all. In New Moon I cried for an hour when Edward left and when Alice came back I had a spazz attack. Eclipse was the worst. When Jacob kissed Bella I flipped out and threw the book across the room. Then I hit my head with the book about a million times before reading it again. With Breaking Dawn I was so happy Bella was getting married I was crying. At the end of book two I just sat there and I didn't even know what to think. It was so weird there was just no way to describe how I felt. After and hour I forced myself to start reading again and I was happy again. When the volturi came to take away Renesmee I cried a little but I knew Stephenie Meyer would not end the series like THAT. I sound very stupid so don't laugh. I usually don't get this emotional about anything so don't tell me I need help. (Even if I do) I loved the series though and I am reading it again!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

that is really wierd! It just goes to show that Stephenie Meyer is a realy good writer!!!!

message 24: by Bella (new)

Bella | 304 comments I know many people who would disagree sadly :( I think she is a great writer and is very creative though :)

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

yah me too, my friend wont even read the books!!!!!!!!

message 26: by Terry (new)

Terry | 62 comments I ACTUALLY GET TEARY EYED IN BREAKING DAWN WHEN BELLA THINKS THEIR GONNA FIGHT AND SHE GIVES REENESMEE TO JACOB

message 27: by Bella (new)

Bella | 304 comments ya me too!

message 28: by Bella (new)

Bella | 304 comments Abby wrote: "yah me too, my friend wont even read the books!!!!!!!!"

I have soooo many friends that won't read the books I could go on for hours. The problem is that people tell them it's bad who haven't read the books either so they choose not to read it! uuuggghhh they drive me insane!

message 29: by Manuel (new)

Manuel (argran) | 292 comments too emotional I think, and it's really embarazing to admit it, I mean don't you feel stupid when you get sad or happy for nothing else than printed words??? it's kind of pathetic to me, I blame Stephenie Meyer for my mental and emotional damage :S (hahahahahaha)

message 30: by Patience (new)

Patience Reinicke | 3 comments I have never gotten emotional for a book before but I did for all of them except Twilight. I think that Stephanie Meyer did a great job in writing so that you can not just read about but also feel the emotions Bella goes through.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Bella wrote:"I have soooo many friends that won't read the books I could go on for hours. The problem is that people tell them it's bad who haven't read the books either so they choose not to read it! uuuggghhh they drive me insane!"

I think thats exactly why sooo many of my friends (and others too) wont reads them or even give them a chance. I think its completly crazy, myself!!!!

message 32: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystal_f) | 1609 comments Terry wrote: "I ACTUALLY GET TEARY EYED IN BREAKING DAWN WHEN BELLA THINKS THEIR GONNA FIGHT AND SHE GIVES REENESMEE TO JACOB"

Terry that was the same that almost made me teary eyed too. Once I was done with the book I actually went back and had to re-read that part of the story!

message 33: by Manuel (new)

Manuel (argran) | 292 comments Krystal wrote: "Terry wrote: "I ACTUALLY GET TEARY EYED IN BREAKING DAWN WHEN BELLA THINKS THEIR GONNA FIGHT AND SHE GIVES REENESMEE TO JACOB"

Terry that was the same that almost made me teary eyed too. Once I wa..."

I cried in that part, I have to admit it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 34: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystal_f) | 1609 comments LOL! You know what they say......Behind every strong man is a box of kleenex!!!!!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

lol i think i cried at that part too!!!

message 36: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 2543 comments That's the part I cried in too.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

i think everybody cried at that part....LOL!!!

message 38: by Austin (new)

Austin | 2 comments not really.it didnt seem so bad of course i'm a teenage guy so i don't get sad

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

lol, i can see why? did you like the books, my other guy friend didnt(can you belive it)!!!!

*Haley Iz Awesome* :) (hales294eva) | 10 comments o my gosh. Did i get emotional? umm Yes!! Hahaha yes, i got very emotional thru the whole seris. I think I got emotional themost in new moon. when edward keft her, and she was just lying there on the floor, helpless and sad :( [image error]

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

me too!

message 42: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade I already said this, but I didn't actually get that emotional while reading Twilight. The only parts I had a bit of strong emotion were...

TWILIGHT
~None. At all.

NEW MOON
~Surprised when Edward left Bella
~Excited when Alice came back

ECLIPSE
~Ticked when Jacob flung himself all over Bella... seriously, dude, you could do SO much better than that. Now go fly a jetpack.

BREAKING DAWN
~Really, REALLY mad when no one died

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

wow

message 44: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystal_f) | 1609 comments ditto Abby