All The Books You've Never Read discussion

Challenges > Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I normally come up with the monthly challenge. It is pretty much my one job for this group. Just kidding. I am now opening up the challenge for suggestions. I would like to include your ideas to help all of us reach the max number of books read each month.

For example, if you have a suggestion or if you know that you have two books with suns on it and want to get them read feel free to take advantage and suggest suns as a theme topic.

I will come up with one of the challenges and I'll use a suggested topic for the second option.

All suggestions will be considered.

Have fun coming up with ideas.

message 2: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) hmmm, we could have bonus points...like, theres a certain # of books (p.e.1) and if some1 reads moe than that (as long as its in the months parametes ) has points

message 3: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) what does "(p.e.1)" mean?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

So, you think people would be interested in points? What would the highest points give you?

message 5: by Ayunda (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) that's a good suggestion!! :D

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

What do you think the reward should be for getting the most points?

message 7: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) | 29 comments How about a Barnes & Noble gift card for $30?

message 8: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 181 comments Ooooh. Points for reading that many books...sounds good to me. But as a fast reader, I can say, sometimes rushing through books isn't the best thing...

It took me at least a week to read The Book Thief, and I'm glad.

message 9: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) for example (thats me mixing portuguese - oops)

message 10: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) ❤ ☠ Elyssa ☠ ❤ wrote: "What do you think the reward should be for getting the most points?"

maybe being mod for a month

message 11: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) I think they would love that! And some people have creative minds that could help the group tremendously! :)

message 12: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) C=

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds like something worth trying out.

message 14: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) I think so too. If we do this though, Elyssa, would you mind my giving you the responsibility of sending broadcasts (if you choose to) about it?

message 15: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) books that came out the year you read them for the challenge

[eg, if its...december 2010 challenge, some of the books could be mockingjay (august 24 2010), spirit bound (may 18 2010), linger (july 20 2010), the clockwork angel (june 9th 2010):]

message 16: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Okay. (I just got Spirit Bound yesterday!)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Leonor that is a great idea.

message 18: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) thanks, itd be better if it was made in the end of the year though...more time for the books to come out

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Agreed, However, there have been a ton of new books that have come out already. And great ones I might add.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) In the group I made I did year long challenges like read the ABC
EX:
C:Club Dead
S:Swoon
F:Fallen
and so on

message 21: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Paperd0ll *evil fiddler* wrote: "thanks, itd be better if it was made in the end of the year though...more time for the books to come out"

Like we could do it for the Nov. and/or Dec. chellenge?

ELyssa: Very true. There really have been a lot of great boosk coming out lately. Yann Martel is working on a new one, but not sure when it's coming out.

Lizz: That would be a good idea. And for like one of the challenges, the participants could see how far along they can get in the alphabet.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

We should start that on July 1st and make it a six month challenge.

message 23: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Okay well we can do that. Whatever you think would be good is fine with me. The challenges are your department anyways. Six motnhs would definitely be a good time for everyone to gather books they want to read; could we still maybe have monthly challenges as well though? For people like me who might not participate in the challenge every waking moment?

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, we can do both.

message 25: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Okay just wondering; that would make me very happy. :)