Terminalcoffee discussion

Random Queries > What's on your reverse bucket list?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 70 (70 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by RandomAnthony (last edited Mar 15, 2010 09:13AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Ok, everybody knows you're supposed to make a bucket list, live every moment, take risks, yeah, whatever.

But what's on your reverse bucket list? In other words, what don't you want to do in your life?

Three for me...

1. I don't want to jump out of a plane. Ever. I do, however, want to ride down those cool inflatable emergency slides that come out of planes, but I only want to try them in non-emergency situations.

2. I don't want to bungee jump. In a related statement, I don't want to crap my pants.

3. I don't think I ever want to go to Mardi Gras. What's the point? Drunken people yelling "whoo!"? And boobs? People travel all the way to New Orleans to get flashed?

And...yours?

message 2: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11605 comments 1. Don't want to get drunk or high. Never been interested.

2. Don't want to be buried alive, or placed in any other claustrophobia-inducing situation.

3. Don't want to spend time in prison.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Phil wrote: "1. Don't want to get drunk or high. Never been interested.

2. Don't want to be buried alive, or placed in any other claustrophobia-inducing situation.

3. Don't want to spend time in prison."

2 & 3 I agree with Phil, the other it's just way too late for that.

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather (heatherjoy) | 384 comments LOL RA, I have done all three of yours.

I don't want to:
1. Go to jail
2. Be assaulted
3. Get into debt
4. Get divorced

message 5: by Lori (new)

Lori Ha, the first thing I thought of was jumping out of a plane or bungee jump!

message 6: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments heather - me too. i have done all three of those also

hmmmm. thinking

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather (heatherjoy) | 384 comments Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "heather - me too. i have done all three of those also

hmmmm. thinking"

I am an adrenaline junkie. If is likely to scare the sh!t out of me, I'm going to try it.

message 8: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments You two both crapped your pants?

:)

message 9: by Heather (new)

Heather (heatherjoy) | 384 comments I've never crapped my pants. I've never heard of someone crapping themselves from bungee jumping or skydiving. But I could see where it be plausible with both.

message 10: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments no, i did not. it was not that scary. as a matter of fact only the first 4-5 secs are that exciting. when you are hanging there by your feet bouncing up and down it is sort of over and you want to be let down

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I never want to:
1. Climb a dangerous mountain. I'm good with a dayhike, thanks!
2. Ski jump. I'm not sure I even want to downhill ski. I fell down enough just trying cross-country.
3. Go to Saudi Arabia.

I also don't have any desire to bungee jump or parachute, or do any other "extreme" type sport. I have rapelled off bridges and down rock faces, and that was just controlled enough that I enjoyed it. I don't need the free fall aspect.

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Interesting that we probably all have different lists of what we want to do, but what we don't want to do is pretty much the same. Actually, maybe it's not interesting, but it makes sense. Most of those fall into three categories: dangerous, uncomfortable, or best avoided.

message 13: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6017 comments I don't want to:

1) go dancing
2) ever see another romantic comedy
3) get in touch with my feminine side
4) listen to Lady Gaga
5) retire in Florida
6) greet another Jehovah Witness at my door
7) watch NASCAR
8) learn how to golf
9) own a poodle
10) get pierced or tattooed
11) go to a Jimmy Buffett concert
12) consume an energy drink
13) go to another mall
14) go to a high-school reunion

message 14: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) *discerns the patterns in Clark's list*

message 15: by Barb (new)

Barb LOL Clark ... I like ROM-COM's and golf & our dog is a poodle. I'm 100% with you on Lady GagGag though.

message 16: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6017 comments Larry wrote: "*discerns the patterns in Clark's list*"

What can I say? I live in my own little world. But it's OK - they know me there.

message 17: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I don't judge -- I just report what I see.

message 18: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6017 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "3. I don't think I ever want to go to Mardi Gras. What's the point? Drunken people yelling "whoo!"? And boobs? People travel all the way to New Orleans to get flashed?"

Count me out too, RA. Due to a raging, undiagnosed case of agoraphobia, me and crowds don't get along so well anymore.

And that "Whoo" thing is just f*&%ing embarrassing...

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I can live with dancing, and I already golf. If a romantic comedy is on I may watch it, but I wouldn't seek one out.

#3,4,5,6,9,13 & 14 definitely. The rest I could go either way.

message 20: by Barb (last edited Mar 16, 2010 09:07AM) (new)

Barb They say "Couples Retreat" is a rom-com that guys can enjoy .. I thought it was pretty funny.

message 21: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6017 comments Quite frankly, the high school reunion thing might not be as bad as I'm making it out to be. There are several people I'd like to see again, assuming they'd even show up.

To be quite honest, I had a BLAST in high school, three of the best years of life. I was sorry to see it end. Of course, the dope may have had something to do with it.

message 22: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6017 comments Barb wrote: "They say "Couples Retreat" is a rom-com that guys can enjoy .. I thought it was pretty funny."

My wife dragged me to it. The best part was the closing credits.

And I usually like Vince Vaughn...

message 23: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments My distaste for golf has been long-documented, but I will say it again...golf is stupid.

I thought Couples Retreat was ok.

I'm going to a grade school reunion Friday. I am honestly surprised at how many people with whom I went to Immaculate Conception are supremely fucked up. I keep getting messages like "be careful around this person, she's going through an intense depression" or "this woman just out of jail." I don't mean to sound judgmental, even, I'm just surprised.

message 24: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Oh, yeah, Clark, I'm with you on the crowds...I don't even like to go to Costco on Saturdays, let alone Mardi Gras...

message 25: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6017 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "Oh, yeah, Clark, I'm with you on the crowds...I don't even like to go to Costco on Saturdays, let alone Mardi Gras..."

It's not the crowds at Costco I have a problem with so much, although I hate waiting in line. It's that bank of big-screen TV's they hit you with as soon as you walk in.

That shit ain't right...

message 26: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6017 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "Oh, yeah, Clark, I'm with you on the crowds...I don't even like to go to Costco on Saturdays, let alone Mardi Gras..."

Speaking of Costco, try their tzatziki, i.e., Greek cucumber garlic dip. Good stuff.

message 27: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
I love Mardi Gras! Stay home, then. Pbbbbbt.

I don't want to: (most of these are things I have done that I don't want to do again)

-scuba dive
-take a cruise
-ever partake in Ride the Rockies
-eat anything like eyeballs, liver, feet, or tails
-be in a movie
-act on stage
-ride a motorcycle up a canyon without a helmet
-white water raft

Things I've never done, and never want to do:
-skydive
-bungee jump

message 28: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Clark wrote: "RandomAnthony wrote: "Oh, yeah, Clark, I'm with you on the crowds...I don't even like to go to Costco on Saturdays, let alone Mardi Gras..."

It's not the crowds at Costco I have a problem with s..."

I was just checking out those big-screens yesterday. But you have to wait in line, Clark? I swear, our Costco people have that system down to a science. Most of the time they use the little scanner guns to check me out before I even get to the register.

Sally, I thought you were required by Colorado law to whitewater raft.

message 29: by Cambridge (last edited Mar 16, 2010 10:29AM) (new)

Cambridge (hsquare) | 509 comments I am with Sally, I don't want to eat anything 'THAT' exotic and I absolutely do not want to overcome my fear of spiders, like immersion therapy, holding a tarantula in the palm of my hand, nope, nada, nuh uh!!! I am sure I will come up with more reverse items.

message 30: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 16, 2010 10:37AM) (new)

RandomAnthony wrote: "Sally, I thought you were required by Colorado law to whitewater raft."

I have white water rafted every time I've been to Colorado except one. It's been 7 or 8 times now.

ETA - The other time we went Hot Air ballooning.

message 31: by Her (new)

Her Majesty (hermajesty) | 122 comments there isn't anything I really, really, reaaaallly don't want to do. Well, maybe anything related to bugs and dancing.

message 32: by Her (last edited Mar 16, 2010 11:35AM) (new)

Her Majesty (hermajesty) | 122 comments and I googled Mardi Gras.

message 33: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments no african anteater ritual for you?

message 34: by Sally, la reina (new)

I have whitewater rafted, more times than I can count. It is like the lamest, hottest, most overpriced Disneyland ride imaginable, plus bugs.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Sally wrote: "I have whitewater rafted, more times than I can count. It is like the lamest, hottest, most overpriced Disneyland ride imaginable, plus bugs."

Never had a bug problem, and only once has it been hot. The trips down the Colorado were kind of lame, but the trips down the Arkansas were always fun.

message 36: by Her (new)

Her Majesty (hermajesty) | 122 comments janine wrote: "no african anteater ritual for you?"
I guess not.

message 37: by Sally, la reina (new)

Maybe that's my problem, I think I've only ever gone on the Colorado or the Poudre.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

You get class 3-4 rapids on the Arkansas. You may not get above a class 2 rapids on the Colorado.

message 39: by Sally, la reina (new)

Ok, yeah. Anyway, still not fun for me, not something I want to do again.

message 40: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments basically i want to do most of the stuff you guys do not

message 41: by Félix (last edited Mar 16, 2010 07:10PM) (new)

Félix (habitseven) I don't want to die in a car wreck. There's something obscene about that for me, for some reason.

message 42: by Mary (new)

Mary (madamefifi) I don't want to drown, eat live insects for any amount of money, or have vanity surgery.

message 43: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) So dead insects are acceptable?

message 44: by Mary (new)

Mary (madamefifi) As long as they are fried to a crisp or coated in chocolate and colored sprinkles.

message 45: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven)

message 46: by Sally, la reina (new)

I'd eat a bug. Chocolate coated or fried, preferably.

message 47: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments big deal, i do that all the time on my motorcycle

message 48: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I bet you do.

message 49: by Youndyc (new)

Youndyc | 1255 comments Clark wrote:

What can I say? I live in my own little world. But it's OK - they know me there."

So funny - I have a plaque in my office that says that! Oddly, nobody in my office has ever commented on it.

message 50: by Youndyc (new)

Youndyc | 1255 comments There are really so many things I don't want to do. A short list would include:

- be the victim of physical violence
- be the perpetrator of physical violence
- jump out of a plane
- go to jail
- be sued (it's AWFUL)
- run for office

« previous 1