Witches, Weres, and Vamps, Oh MY! discussion

Group Read Discussions > Anita Blake - Characters

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shanon (last edited Mar 15, 2010 08:03AM) (new)

Shanon (boban) | 1166 comments Mod
I finished the Graphic Novel's that correspond with Guilty Pleasures this weekend. I thought the characters looked dead on (mostly) to what I had pictured in my head.

I was curious what you guys think of the drawings.

This is Edward & Anita

Anita is dead on. The hair's a little crazy throughout the story and she had some major curves going on. I was thrown a little by the size of her thighs but my husband assured me that she looked hot ;)

Edward was a little younger than I pictured. But he's probably the only person in the GN that didn't look just right to me. I always pictured a little older, a little harder/tougher and a little less pretty-boy.

Here's a picture of... well I think you know who this is:

Yup... that's what I pictured in my little head. Love the pants!

Here's a pic of Dolph & Zebroski:

Zebroski made me laugh with his disheveled suit and silly tie.

And Nikolaos.
[image error]

Are they what you pictured?

message 2: by Lily (new)

Lily (lilithesque) Somewhat. I loved the picture of the vamp junkie. And the dancers. (shiver) yum.

message 3: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 135 comments Edward's off for me too, but everyone is pretty right on.

message 4: by Shanon (new)

I never pictured Edward as a hottie - but in the GN he definately has some appeal. I'm going to be reading Flirt soon. It will be interensting to see how I picture him post GN Edward. Hottie or rough & tough bad guy.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Edward was ok for me. Somehow I don't get pretty boy out of it so much as the hard-ice eyes. That's what I see when I look at him. Anita's all funky with the big hair and other assets :), but otherwise is close to the image I get for her. I always pictured her like Norah Jones, for some reason. JC is dead on (pardon the bad pun).

message 6: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 77 comments I thought Edward would be hot but slightly older and a little rougher or sharper, more edge you know but he's still got to be able to look relatively harmless for his good ol' boy "Ted" character.

Anita's curves made me smile but her seriously crazy curly hair was a bit much. I didn't like the way Zebrowski looked at first but it made sense and it grew on me.

How old is Nikolaos supposed to be again (in human years not vamp)? She looks like she's 15 or 16 to me but I thought she was 11 or 12 in the books because I remember being a bit creeped out by her sexual behaviour.

message 7: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 44 comments Edward is the only one "off" for me.

message 8: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (audiobookmel) I cannot wait until Circus of the Damned is started as a GN in May. Cannot wait to see Richard. He is even not an ass yet in CD.

I love the GN. I have all in Hardback and even each comic book.

message 9: by Lily (new)

Lily (lilithesque) I reaaly reallly wanna see Nathanial

message 10: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (audiobookmel) I know, he is my favorite. I wish he was introduced sooner. If I remember coorectly he has a small part in Burnt Offerings. We have a while to wait. I think it seems to be taking more than a year for each novel to come out in GN.

message 11: by Shanon (new)

Melanie wrote: "I cannot wait until Circus of the Damned is started as a GN in May. Cannot wait to see Richard."

I think I saw a preview of him somewhere while I was searching the other images... let me go look!

I want to see Nathanial too - those lavendar eyes will look great in the GN I think.

message 12: by Shanon (new)

Here's a link to what I assumed was Richard. I won't post a picture just in case someone wants to be surprised when the book comes out ;)

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs20/f/200...

message 13: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (theholyterror) | 132 comments Shanon wrote: "Here's a link to what I assumed was Richard. I won't post a picture just in case someone wants to be surprised when the book comes out ;)"

Um, that's kind of sad. He looks exactly like Jean-Claude, just with different coloring. I like the GNs but I'm not that big a fan of the artist.

message 14: by Literary Ames (last edited Mar 20, 2010 07:03PM) (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 77 comments I agree, Richard looks just like JC. I think the artist got a bit lazy there or suffered from a serious lack of imagination.

message 15: by Shanon (new)

There were several people in these GNs that looked alike OR looked like they could be other characters.

I have a feeling a lot of Anita's men are going to look alike. Not necessarily because they do in the novels but that's what the artist views as attractive.

I could've sworn that the guy who was killed in Guilty Pleasures (can't remember his name) was Jason and Jason wasn't even introduced yet. They just looked that similar to me.

message 16: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (audiobookmel) I do not think that is the same artist that is doing th GN now. I think you might see a different Richard in Circus of the Damned. (At least I hope so).