6th Period 09-10 discussion

If you could be a character in a book, who would you be? Why?

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (delfie) | 6 comments Mod
If I could be a character in a book I would be Falcor, the luck dragon in The Never Ending Story. He was wise, able to fly, lived in a fantasy world, and was instrumental in the moral development of the hero during his journey.

message 2: by Justin Lee (new)

Justin Lee (justinisme) | 9 comments If I could be a character in a book I think I would probably be Robert Langdon from Dan Brown's Angels & Demons because like him I also like solving mysteries that involves past events or happenings. Although I am not really good at it but I am still learning though. Also he is a very interesting character in the book always ready to solve mysteries and save people through his intelligence and whatnot.

message 3: by Marky (new)

Marky Mariano (heyitsMe) | 3 comments IF i was a character in a book i think i would be Goku from dbz the original series because when he was a little kid nothing could stop him and that he did not let anybody control what he did. An open spirit. idk...

message 4: by Justin Lee (new)

Justin Lee (justinisme) | 9 comments Marky wrote: "IF i was a character in a book i think i would be Goku from dbz the original series because when he was a little kid nothing could stop him and that he did not let anybody control what he did. An o..."

haha...!!! this is funny!!! i think you should elaborate more though... not to be a nag or anything but MORE!!!

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Leung | 3 comments If I could be a character in a book, I would be Sayuri from Memoirs of a Geisha. A geisha, despite common misconceptions, is not a prostitute, but rather an entertainer. I have always wanted to learn the ways of a Geisha, learn more about the Japanese culture, become a better conversationalist and learn an instrument as well. But there are things that makes me think likewise as well. In the story, Sayuri was forced to separate from her beloved sister; she was constantly beat for doing things improperly. In addition, she was forced to sell her precious virginity. I think it would sort of be fun to be an entertainer for a living, but in reality, I would never do such a thing.

message 6: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Tran | 3 comments If I could be any character in a book I would be Fun Shine Bear from the Care Bears. I would be Fun Shine Bear because first he has a cool name and all he does is tell jokes. He is a funny person and he has nothing to worry about. I think he has the best life ever and I just want to have the life of a Care Bear.

message 7: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Tran | 3 comments Amanda wrote: "If I could be a character in a book, I would be Sayuri from Memoirs of a Geisha. A geisha, despite common misconceptions, is not a prostitute, but rather an entertainer. I have always wanted to lea..."

I thought Geishas were all just prostitutes but I guess they are not.

message 8: by Justin (new)

Justin bennett (THaPRinCE) | 2 comments Cool!! Goku, but without the dbs he would of been long dead ha, and he uses the same moves over n over to kill his opponent spirit bomb!! ftw. MAN!! I miss dbz. I wish they made Dragonball Z AF. But yea dbz brings back the good old memories, toonami sigh

message 9: by Pieter (new)

Pieter | 1 comments I would be fang off maximum ride, because he can fly and he has wings. Which is filthy.

message 10: by Zanebrown (new)

Zanebrown | 2 comments if i could be any character in a book i would be boobie miles in friday night lights i would love to be this character because he was a tremedus football player he could run throw and catch and thats wat kind of versitility i would like to have

message 11: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Voir | 1 comments Uhhhh, I would have to probably say Hiro from Junjou Egoist because Just his entire story from meeting Akihiko and to going on to love Nowaki was sinful. His wonderful attitude towards life is inspiring to me and I really do want to be something like him. I want to experience the events he goes through, like when he saw Nowaki with his coworker and thought Nowaki was cheating on him, that was hilarious! I just want the simple life of a college student in love with a doctor <3

message 12: by Pam (new)

Pam Sandhu | 3 comments If I could be charcter in a book I would be happy to be bella, from the book twilight.. I mean its risky but at the same time by being bella you get to experience things that you would never experience in real life.. Its scary and life threatning but it would be a once in alife time thing.
I mean who gets to see a real vampire or a wolf who changes into a human?
this is why i would want to be bella if i had to be a charcter in a book.

message 13: by Joanlewis (new)

Joanlewis | 2 comments if i could be a character in a book i would be , neo from the matrix because he could read mines

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Leung | 3 comments Justin wrote: "If I could be a character in a book I think I would probably be Robert Langdon from Dan Brown's Angels & Demons because like him I also like solving mysteries that involves past events or happening..."

I was almost gonna chose him too! I liked his adventures, and would very much like to go through his ordeals. I also wouldn't mind being smart xD

message 15: by Zanebrown (new)

Zanebrown | 2 comments Vanessa wrote: "If I could be a character in a book I would be Falcor, the luck dragon in The Never Ending Story. He was wise, able to fly, lived in a fantasy world, and was instrumental in the moral development o..."

so basicly your saying you wish you lived in a fantasy world if you go you need to let me come because i wanna fly and play to lol

message 16: by Martin (new)

Martin | 2 comments If I could a charactor from a book i would be Odesseus, from the Odessy. I would like to be in the adventures he was in, and see all the mistakes which turned into experiences. I would want to battle a giant cyclops with my bear arms, like David and Galieth.

message 17: by Samhhfh (new)

Samhhfh | 4 comments Marky wrote: "IF i was a character in a book i think i would be Goku from dbz the original series because when he was a little kid nothing could stop him and that he did not let anybody control what he did. An o..."

Cool!! Goku, but without the dbs he would of been long dead ha, and he uses the same moves over n over to kill his opponent spirit bomb!! ftw. MAN!! I miss dbz. I wish they made Dragonball Z AF. But yea dbz brings back the good old memories, toonami sigh

message 18: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (delfie) | 6 comments Mod
Amanda wrote: "If I could be a character in a book, I would be Sayuri from Memoirs of a Geisha. A geisha, despite common misconceptions, is not a prostitute, but rather an entertainer. I have always wanted to lea..."

Sayuri is such a beautiful and compassionate character in Memoirs of a Geisha. Reading that book also made me fall in love with the artistry of Geisha. I learned a lot about the purpose behind the cultural traditions, which are a lot different than most modern misconceptions of prostitution(as you noted). I also recently saw an expose on the first European woman to become a full fledged Geisha, the reasons she wanted to do it, and the long road it took to gain that status. Although it is a diminishing art, it certainly is still one to be respected amongst the women who dedicate their entire lives to perfecting this artform.

message 19: by Jaz (new)

Jaz | 2 comments If I could be any charater from a book I would probably be Leah from Angels Watching Over Me. I would want to be her because she is smart. She trys to understand other peoples way of living. She doesn't judge people based on there background. Also because its one of my favorire book.

message 20: by Martin (new)

Martin | 2 comments Marky wrote: "IF i was a character in a book i think i would be Goku from dbz the original series because when he was a little kid nothing could stop him and that he did not let anybody control what he did. An o..." Keep dreaming mark, I would want to him too. Always invincible, never can be beaten. Always the hero of the story. Here to save the day from distruction.

message 21: by Justin Lee (new)

Justin Lee (justinisme) | 9 comments Amanda wrote: "Justin wrote: "If I could be a character in a book I think I would probably be Robert Langdon from Dan Brown's Angels & Demons because like him I also like solving mysteries that involves past even..."

haha... i know...!!!

message 22: by Mario (new)

Mario Mascorro | 5 comments If i were a charecter form a book i would probably like to be Matt from the book "The rules of survival", Because he expierienced tons of dificulties in his life and even though it seemed like he was going towards the path of wrongness he never gave up and fought back with all his strength and passed all the tough tests that life put on him, and he still succeeded and got to go to a collige/university. At times he seemed as if he were not human by being able to support so much but then his human part came out trying to find help with his aunt, biological father(Ben), and of course the great Murdoch.
He is like the expieriences of life gathered together and put into o person, some times its sweet and other times its a terrible nightmare that seems like it has no end; thats why i feel so proud of this character

message 23: by Mario (new)

Mario Mascorro | 5 comments Marky wrote: "IF i was a character in a book i think i would be Goku from dbz the original series because when he was a little kid nothing could stop him and that he did not let anybody control what he did. An o..."

I didnt know that ther was a dbz book i only thought it was a cartoon, i liked the cartoon though i watched it on the weekends a long time ago an that cartoon made me feel relaxed and entertained me. Oh and the cartoon reminds me of my uncle because i thought it was funny that a groun man like him would like that cartoon, one day i went to visit him and i saw him waching the cartoon i was in shock, Jk

message 24: by Justin Lee (new)

Justin Lee (justinisme) | 9 comments Mario wrote: "If i were a charecter form a book i would probably like to be Matt from the book "The rules of survival", Because he expierienced tons of dificulties in his life and even though it seemed like he w..."

would you recommend this to anyone who is experiencing difficulties in life??? How has the book and the character you talked about inspire you to become a better person these days and how did the book change you as a reader and as a person in general???