For The L♥ve of Reading discussion

Reading > Where??

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Where is your favorite place to read?

The bed with a lamp, the bath tub, the porch... I'm sure the list could go on forever.

Describe you favorite area and the setting around it. Maybe you have flowers near by or candles.

message 2: by Elizabeth☮ (new)

Elizabeth☮ i typically read in bed, but if a book is really good, i'll read in the car, in the living room, while i have cafeteria duty at work, always! until i'm finished. i am most comfortable reading in bed, but i always have a book.

message 3: by Jo (new)

Jo Mine is in bed. I like to get all comfy under my covers and read. I like to read in the bath too but i hate it when the water goes cold.

message 4: by Annaclaire (last edited Mar 16, 2010 01:57AM) (new)

Annaclaire | 28 comments I'm usually in bed under the covers. But I've noticed that if I read a book on my back I get tired and will likely fall asleep, however if I read on my stomach or side, I can read forever.....

I also like the soft humming of my space heater on.

My mom is an avid reader in bed (well, avid reader in general), but she will purposely get into her nightgown and go into bed hours before her bedtime just to read more of her book.

message 5: by Valerie (new)

Valerie If I'm not reading in bed than its usually in the regular places like the couch, floor, a chair, or kitchen counter. Or anywhere away from the TV when it's on. Now that it's not so cold maybe I'll read outside some.

message 6: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) I can pretty much be comfortable anywhere reading. I most often read on the couch but rarely in bed. I only read in bed if I can't sleep.

message 7: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** I like to read on the couch but I actually do most of my reading at work on the slow days. its great. A coworker was joking with me the other day because I had 3 different beeks on my desk so I always have something to read.

message 8: by Denise (new)

Denise (redreader) | 34 comments The chair during (son's) nap time, the bed til much later than I should most nights...but anywhere will do!

message 9: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) on bed, of course!or ona chaîse longue, thats a good second too

message 10: by Cara (new)

Cara | 44 comments I like being comfy so I'm like everybody else coach and bed:) But like any reader you'll catch me reading whenever I can and sometimes in odd places.

message 11: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) | 130 comments My comfy couch is where I like to read best.

message 12: by Chantelle (new)

Chantelle (chantelle13) | 7 comments At home most of the year - on my bed or on the couch. I have one daughter and she likes me to be with her, so I'm usually on the couch while she's watching tv/doing her homework, etc. I'm working on switching that living-room-intended place in my house to a reading room - fireplace, big comfy chairs, etc.

In the winter I'm hoping that will be my favorite place.

In the spring/summer, I love to sit on the lounge chair or the swing on my deck and read there.

My absolute, all time most favorite place to read is on the beach, though.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I love reading on the beach! The waves are really great background noise. My boys are old enough that I don't have to stare at them to make sure they don't go out too far.

message 14: by Joeanne (new)

Joeanne (mszminne) | 27 comments My favorite place to read is in my room with the music playing and the door shut.

message 15: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** I can't wait for the summer weather because that will definitely bring some outdoor reading.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I love reading outside. I get some vitamin D and some good book time all at once.

message 17: by Elizabeth☮ (new)

Elizabeth☮ i sometimes read while my daughter is outside playing. but i don't get a lot of reading done because i also have to pay attention to what she's doing. when she has swim lessons, i read poolside.

message 18: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne (a-town) | 42 comments I read everywhere. I bring at least three books with me everywhere I go and whenever I get the chance I pull one out and start reading. I also love reading in my bed before I go to sleep. And sometimes I read instead of sleeping if a book is really good.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

You know I have that problem too. What do you mean it is 4 in the morning. Well, no point in sleeping for two hours so I just continue on.

message 20: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne (a-town) | 42 comments Haha me too. Do you get really punchy at about 1:00p.m. the next day? I usually start to get really slap happy and crazy because of the lack of sleep, but the reading is always so worth it. Actually, this has started happening so often, that my friends have started to think I normally act this way... oh well. :)

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

My friends think I'm crazy to begin with. Coffee is my dear friend!

message 22: by Jen (last edited Apr 02, 2010 11:35AM) (new)

Jen  (In the Closet With a Bibliophile) (Jen_thebibliophile) | 300 comments Ha! I know exactly what you mean. My favorite place to read is in an over sized chair with a lamp (the lighting is better than overhead lighting). I like to dangle my feet over one side. However, that is never an option. Lately I read in the closet. I know, strange. But, my husband works at 5:00 a.m. and one of my girls is in my room and my other daughter is in the family room sleeping and then my bro-in-law takes the spare room which leaves me the closet or the laundry room. The closet has carpet :-)

I usually read until like 3 or 4 a.m. or until my husband wakes up from the light and gets angry. Hehe, too bad for him! With two kids, work and everything else in the middle I read when I can, even if that means all night ;-) and I don't even drink coffee...

message 23: by KSMary (new)

KSMary Jen - the closet isn't crazy at all. When I was in middle school, I read in the closet a lot so my parents wouldn't catch me staying up half the night reading when they wanted me in bed. LOL

message 24: by Angela (new)

Angela B I love to read at the beach and I just moved to Florida....yay for more time for beach reading!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I pray that they beaches by you stay clean!

Lately I've been sneaking into my grandma's pop up camper that she has opened up to air out. I have pillows and blankets in there for comfort. One of these days she will catch on. LOL! The breeze is lovely and it isn't too hot outside yet and I don't have to worry about petty bugs and bees. Yikes.

message 26: by Jen (last edited May 20, 2010 10:18AM) (new)

Jen  (In the Closet With a Bibliophile) (Jen_thebibliophile) | 300 comments The pop up camper is an excellent idea! Nobody would bother you there and I once read in a book that books were meant to read outside...they seem more real that way. So true! In Albania my sister-in-law resided in a fourth floor apartment and had a windowed in balcony, but the windows opened up. Winter is the rainy season, so I took the only book I had at the time (Twilight) and sat on the balcony with a blanket around me, the window open, and the rain sheeting down in a torment! IT WAS WONDERFUL!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Who ever wrote about books being read outside was brilliant. It seems easier to escape that way. Other wise I have a pile of dishes looking at me and a pile of laundry. It is a no win if I sit at home. There are always things to be done.

message 28: by Angela (new)

Angela B Thanks I hope so too! I haven't had a lot of time to go to the beach lately it's a bummer especially if this awful oil spill heads our way.

Oh I also like to read in the bath tub! I just need someone to come up with waterproof books!

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Wouldn't waterproof books be awesome!

message 30: by Angela (new)

Angela B yes yes they would....

message 31: by Jordan (last edited May 26, 2010 02:20AM) (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 150 comments I often end up reading in bed, under the covers, when I should be asleep. But outdoors is a close second...

Waterproof books? Invent them and I shall love you forever. :)

message 32: by Elizabeth☮ (new)

Elizabeth☮ you shouldn't give away million dollar ideas in such a public forum!

i mostly read in bed which sometimes makes the reading sleep-inducing. if the book is good enough, i'll take my daughter to my mom's and just sit and read.

message 33: by Rosalie (new)

Rosalie Sambuco | 25 comments Any place I can find a comfy seat & a great book

message 34: by Angela (new)

Angela B I didn't know it was a million dollar idea! but I'm also not much of an inventer!

message 35: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) the best ideas come when least expected...and thats a wonderful idea!

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Plastic pages. This group might be onto some thing BIG!

message 37: by Elizabeth☮ (new)

Elizabeth☮ i'll start making prototypes!

message 38: by Jen (new)

Jen  (In the Closet With a Bibliophile) (Jen_thebibliophile) | 300 comments Let me know because some of my books have withering pages due to bath water ;)

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

You can sit as still as possible and I always end up with a few drops here and there. Now that it is summer... It is cool shower time.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

I love visiting my mom and sitting in the hammock swing next to the sea wall. I get to read, get hot jump in over all of the ocean life, and then I lay in the sun to dry off some. Repeat!

message 41: by Jo (new)

Jo That sounds amazing!

message 42: by Angela (new)

Angela B That does sound nice, now I just want a hammock

message 43: by Heather (new)

Heather (nickyblue7) I love laying in my bed during the middle of a long rainstorm where its nice and cloudy so theres no sun shining in my eyes and everythings calm. its also nice when its just cloudy on a cool day and i dont hav sunshine but its bright enough to read