Terminalcoffee discussion

Side of the Milk Carton > WHERE in the WORLD is HEIDI???

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
It seems like one or four posts a day from my friend the squeeeeee-er. Where is she?

Building a fortress out of leggos?
Taking an asian cooking class?

With Robbie for long long long long walks?

Where is she? When will she return for more than a drive by on 3/130 threads posted in one day?

message 2: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments si, donde es heidi?

message 3: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments She was here a little last night, right?

message 4: by Sally, la reina (new)

Yes, like a tempting tease. She flew by, dropped the cute Oktopadi and some kudos on a few threads, and then WHOOOSH, was gone again.

I'm afraid she doesn't suffer the same internet addiction issues as me and Misha (and you and Kevin and Larry and ...)

message 5: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) What? I have no addiction!

message 6: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Don't lump me in with you addicts! I can quit anytime I want!

hits "refresh" about ten times to see if anyone responds

message 7: by Sally, la reina (new)

Loller.

**Cackles maniacally**

message 8: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments electronic crack

message 9: by Sally, la reina (new)

Heidi? Have you become a seal?

http://cuteoverload.com/2010/03/14/se...

message 10: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) That's her!

message 11: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments OMG!!! That seal is SOOOO friggin CUTE! ♥♥♥ :D

Sorry, guys. I am sooo sleepy by the time I have time to get on the internet at the end of the night. Work's been kicking my butt lately. AND the kickball season started (so practically no internet on Sundays until late at night).

I had lots of fun reading through the threads last night, though. Sally, you come up with THE best thread titles! And I've decided that you and RA come up with the best topics for discussion, ever. I miss all of you. I do!!!

I've been contemplating whether or not I should bow out as a moderator because it just doesn't seem fair since I've not been doing much moderating lately. I dunno. I still want to glomp all of you. Lots. So there's that. :)

message 12: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Dawww... TawNub! ♥♥♥

message 13: by Sally, la reina (new)

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from, Heids, but you don't need to step down at all.

message 14: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Dawww... thanks, Sally. ♥

:)

If you kids ever feel like I'm slacking, just shoot me a PM and I'll bow out (or you can unmoderator me and I'll get the hint).

message 15: by Heidi (last edited Jan 31, 2011 08:56AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Hey guys, I'm heading to DC in the morning. And to be honest, I have mixed feelings about this for several reasons:

1. It's my first trip to DC ever. I fly in on Tuesday, I'll be working from 8-5 on Wednesday, and again from 8-12:30 on Thursday, and fly back home around 3ish. I hardly have any time to do any sightseeing. :/

2. Robby. I haven't been apart from my dog for even a day in over 2 years. I'm sure he'll be fine, and this is gonna be TOUGH for me. I think he senses it already. He usually sleeps on the couch in my room, but last night, he slept sidled up to my side. Unfortunately, I woke at 1:30 thinking it was time to get up and get ready for work... and again at 2:30, 3:30 and was up until 4:30... :(

3. I'm moving at work into a new office area next week so I'm feeling a bit like I'm in temporary placement right now at the office.

4a. I need to pick a place to live today and it's down to two choices - a. a one bedroom apartment with a fireplace and a patio or b. a two bedroom home with a dear friend who'd be my roommate and her dog and cat (v. allergic to cats, though), phenomenal neighborhood area. It has to be today. I need to move out from my place by March 1st.

4b. And since I'm moving asap, I really need to be saving money, so I really can't enjoy spending at the museums or cute shops or whatev. I could really kick my roommate for this one... he couldn't have waited a month to tell me I need to move out?!!

5. The weather. Both Little Rock and DC are getting a wintry mix tomorrow. I do NOT want to get stuck at an airport because of the weather for any reason. No. No no no.

But...

I'M GOING TO D.C.!!! :D

message 16: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Best of luck with all of that, Heidi.

message 17: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments If you get a chance Heidi, try to get down to the mall area. It is pretty neat at night to see all the memorials lit up.

Hope that all of your moves go well, tough to be in a state of flux everywhere.

message 18: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Time to check in with the Witness Protection Program already? Don't worry, we won't tell.

Have fun!

message 19: by Sally, la reina (new)

Safe travels, friend!

message 20: by Heidi (last edited Jan 31, 2011 01:27PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Thanks, everyone. I forgot to mention that a close family member just told me last weekend that they're gonna have to start chemo soon - 3 months of chemo. I offered to help out with the cooking, cleaning, etc. I know they'll be worn out. So that's been on my mind, too.

In the meantime, I just turned in an application for the apartment... and came up with my moving plan - looks like it'll be the weekend of Feb 25th-March 1st. I need to let potential roommate know that I won't be moving in with her. :( But I'll eventually have my own washer/dryer and a dishwasher that works! And I'm pretty stoked about that. Plus Robby'll have a wee little porch area. :)

message 21: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Best part of my day today:

"Due to inclement weather, we must regretfully cancel our meeting in Washington, DC on February 2-3. Our primary concern is for the safety of all of the participants.

We will let you know asap about rescheduling the date of the meeting."

:D

!!!!!

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Yay! I'm glad you don't have to travel in bad weather, Heidi! Good luck on the apartment!

message 23: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments Wow! Good news at the end of all that stressful stuff!
Maybe this service has a company participating in your relative's area http://www.cleaningforareason.org/
Free house cleaning for cancer patients.

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I'm selfishly glad that Heidi didn't make it, because I wouldn't have made it down to DC to meet her in the icy rain.

message 25: by Heidi (last edited Feb 02, 2011 12:22PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Sarah Pi wrote: "I'm selfishly glad that Heidi didn't make it, because I wouldn't have made it down to DC to meet her in the icy rain."

YAY!!! We'll get to do it again when it's convenient for all of us... I just KNOW it!