Kids/Teens Book Club discussion

Members' Writing > CONTEST #3 : A story about a secret

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ★ Jess (last edited Mar 26, 2010 05:58PM) (new)

★ Jess  | 4295 comments Mod
ok every one, you voted, and the winner by a long mile was A STORY ABOUT A SECRET.

You are to write a short story, and the topic is a secret of some sort.
It has to be less then 600 words. Remember, the shorter, the more likely people are to read it over and over.
CONTEST OPENS...........5 seconds ago.
CONTEST CLOSES..........March 26

LETS GET SOME GREAT STORIES!!!!!!!!

message 2: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments Alright, here come my questions. Just one for now, though I'm sure I'll think of more :)

Does it have to be a complete story, or can it have a cliffhanger?

message 3: by ★ Jess (new)

You can have a cliff hanger for sure!!!
Its supposed to be mysterious....

message 4: by Baxter (new)

Baxter (julietrocksmysocks) | 383 comments 600 words eh? That'll be interesting. Wonder if I can pull it off.

message 5: by Baxter (new)

Baxter (julietrocksmysocks) | 383 comments Alright, here's mine:
http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/6...

I'll post the text here in a second. It really isn't as good as I was hoping, but the way I wrote it was terrible. I wrote the whole story part in about 200 words then just started filling in the rest with details. Trust me, don't write stories like that.

message 6: by Baxter (last edited Mar 13, 2010 06:39PM) (new)

Baxter (julietrocksmysocks) | 383 comments THE LIE LAY LAND

A carnival? Are we really going to a carnival?

Do you want to know a secret?

The carousel halts, the black worn horse staring at her. A dull, dead, understanding stare.
---
“A carnival? Are we really going to a carnival?” the girl, who couldn’t be more than eight, asks.

"Yes, a carnival!" a middle aged woman says with a shake in her voice. "Tonight even. You've always wanted to go haven't you?"

The woman has hair that is darker than black, eyes that burn blue, and shadows under those eyes that threaten to overtake her entire face. The little girl nods her head and smiles. Her hair is brown, a brown found only on doors that are old and broken. Her feet are small and misshapen, cuts over every toe.

Night falls and the woman has aged by several years. Her hair is now a very human black, her eyes glazed over. The bags have grown into wrinkles, covering every inch of her once beautiful face. The girl looks at the city of tents and torches in front of her; the air of mystery draws her in. In the distance, from a tent perhaps, the sound of a harpsichord plays a tune nobody has ever heard before. She runs in, the other wheezes, out of breath from only a few steps, and the little girl finds herself lost in a world she has never experienced.

Her run turns into a walk as she looks about, trying to avoid the faceless strangers who tower above her. They push into her, muttering things under their breath, walking into mirrored halls and never returning. But she walks on, for the sense of mystery has turned into a desire to explore the new world which she has discovered.

Surly voices hoot and holler from inside dark slits in fabric walls, along with screams. A flash of metal drops into the throat of a wizen man, as a crowd of shadows throw festering piles of food at him. A woman steps into a coffin and is ripped in half, red blood oozing out the sides. She stops in front of a carousel, something that she has only seen in books, and watches as the horses float up and down, like waves. A single horse attracts her attention. It moves slower than the rest, and its black paint is worn and faded. It reminds her of somebody she knew in a life that had been lost long ago. A woman with black hair, and dark shadows.

A man who moves with a cane, as one leg is missing, walks up to the girl as she stares, ignoring the tall shadows. He is shorter than she is, but nearly as old as the woman. A hat rests on his head, and he coughs harshly to get her attention. The girl looks at him, curious to see such a small man. His voice crackles with each syllable as he opens his mouth asks her and only her, “Do you want to know a secret?”

"Oh yes, please!" the girl nearly shouts. Knowing a secret means discovering. The man stared at her intensely for several minutes, and the city begins to fade from the girl’s vision. Only her and the old short man exist. The sound of the harpsichord vanishes from her ears, the shadows evaporating.

"This isn't real," he says. "None of it. You are in a world that has never existed and never will exist. This is all just part of a bigger consciousness. One that you can never understand. And there is no escape. You are stuck here. Forever.”

The carousel halts, the black worn horse staring at her. A dull, dead, understanding stare.

message 7: by Hope (last edited Mar 14, 2010 05:28PM) (new)

Hope (heyhopeful) 540-ish words. I made the limit! I just opened up a word doc and let my fingers do whatever. :/ I hope it's okay!

I Kept Her Secret Safe

I see her every day, walking to school. She’s always looking at the ground, always watching the pavement beneath her shoes. Every time I see her, she’s having a harder time hiding it.

Her secret.

She wears loose, baggy sweaters to cover it. I can tell that she’s afraid of being judged by all the other kids. We go to a small high school, and everyone’s bound to see sometime. But she’s hiding it as long as she can, keeping the truth locked up inside. Not daring to tell anyone about it.

Her secret.

I want to talk to her, but I don’t know what I’d say. I don’t want her to know that I’ve figured it out, that I’ve seen past her barriers. That I know what she’s hiding. I also know what she’s planning, though she’s only ever said several cryptic words to me. But I know that some week she’s going to disappear…she’ll come back, but her secret will be gone. There won’t be anything to hide anymore but the guilt, will there? The kind of guilt that will break her, eat away at her until there's nothing left.

She doesn’t have any friends. I know because she’s always alone…at lunch, she sits by herself. During free period she doesn’t talk to anyone. I don’t know what she does. I just know that she’s lonely…that she needs someone to talk to.

I wish I could tell her I’m her friend…or I could be, if she’d let me be. I want to tell her that I understand, that it’s not her fault what has happened to her…that it’s not the fault of that little person growing inside of her. That it doesn’t matter what other people are saying, because they’re no better than she is even if she feels like the worst person on earth. Because she’s not the worst person on earth.

I wish I could tell her that she’s beautiful, and she doesn’t need to be afraid.
I wish I could tell her she’s safe, that everything’s going to be alright. I wish I could tell her that she’s never alone.
But instead I watch, every day, as her eyes look more and more lifeless, fear and worry and pain written on her face. Instead I just ignore her, and I keep her secret safe.

The weeks pass slowly, every day I keep telling myself I’ll talk to her tomorrow, or the next day.

And finally I don’t see her walking to school.

I don’t see her at lunch, sitting all alone. I don’t see her in my English class, at the desk in the shadowy part of the room. I don’t see her, because she’s gone.

Every day I hope to see her walking to school, so I can at least say “hello” or smile at her. I never smiled at her before, never greeted her.

But she doesn’t come back. She never comes back.

I always wonder what would have happened if I’d spoken to her. We might have been friends, the two of us. I ask myself sometimes, if I had told her all of the things I had in my head, would that have changed anything?

But I didn’t. I helped her keep her secret safe.

message 8: by ★ Jess (new)

Jillian wrote: "Six hundred words . . . wow, that's a real challenge, since short stories can actually be pretty long. Any member can enter?"

Any one can enter

message 9: by ★ Jess (new)

It IS hard writing a mystery in 600 words, but we want to keep it short and sharp!
They are all marvelous so far!

message 10: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments hopefully i'm able to write and post one before the deadline, but right now im so swamped......

message 11: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments Same here...

message 12: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments i've got 2-3 sentences written! lolz

message 13: by ☺♡M♡☺ (last edited Mar 17, 2010 05:23AM) (new)

☺♡M♡☺ (moonlanpersonyahoocom) | 131 comments http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/6...

it's the same as the one below, but I prefer it if you read it here and then comment.

message 14: by ☺♡M♡☺ (last edited Mar 17, 2010 05:23AM) (new)

☺♡M♡☺ (moonlanpersonyahoocom) | 131 comments The Last Rapier

Marion smiled carelessly, her brown eyes flared dangerously, the silver sword in her hand poised to kill. She looked down at the filthy floor, at the writhing figure.

At her mercy was a young man, drenched in blood, obviously in pain. “Marion, no…I won’t tell, I promise. Please, don’t kill me! I’m your best friend!”

Laughing easily, Marion said. “Was, you mean. Was my best friend. As if I believe you, Ash. Your betrayal was enough to prove everything.”

Ash’s eyes grew wide. “I never betrayed you, Marion. Never.”

Disgust flashed across Marion’s beautiful complexion. “Don’t lie, Ash. You do not get away with lies in front of a Rapier.”

Ash gasped and stopped struggling. “So you are a Rapier.”

Marion smiled menacingly. “So you did follow and eavesdrop for the Sabers.” Sarcasm dripped from her words.

Ash frantically scanned Marion’s calm, smooth, beautiful face for traces of anger. None. That was a bad sign. He decided to give it a shot. “I don’t see why Rapiers and Sabers have to be enemies, Marion. You can change that. Jake, the Saber, is quite patient and he doesn’t like violence much.”

Marion’s glowing eyes hardened. “Don’t talk to me about those dirt bags,” she hissed,”the Sabers have been our enemies forever, and that will never change.” Then she paused and glared at Ash. “Do they know that I am a Rapier?”

“I…um…” hesitated Ash.

“Speak!” Marion prodded the hilt of her silver sword in to Ash’s wounds. Ash screamed in agony.

“I don’t know!”

“Right! Ash, I know you too well, do not lie!” The girl sliced her sword swiftly into Ash’s arm and cut a shallow gap. Ash screamed bloody murder. “Speak or torture?” questioned Marion.

"I’ll speak! They shouldn’t know! I was following you the night you caught me. Then did I see that sword,” he pointed at the silver weapon in Marion’s hands, “in your cabinet, and I was suspicious that it was the legendary Rapier and you were a Rapier. I was about to leave to report to Jake Saber, and you caught me!”

“So…you are definitely the only living human except for myself that knows about my true identity?” asked Marion cautiously.

“Unless someone else followed you.” cried Ash.

Marion said nothing. Her long, pale, slender fingers twisted into her smooth, glossy, black hair absentmindedly. Ash could tell she was thinking. No thinking allowed. Thinking is dangerous. Thinking can cause Marion to kill Ash.

“Marion?”

“Yes?”

“Marion, please don’t kill me.” pleaded Ash.

Marion’s expression softened a little, but then hardened again. “Give me a reason not to.”

Ash opened his mouth as if to speak then closed it again. He stared into Marion’s caramel eyes. A wave of realization flowed across his baby blue eyes. “You’re different now.” he accused softly.

Marion’s eyes widened. She was surprised by Ash’s reply, but she quickly recovered. “Ash, is that a strong enough reason?”

Closing his eyes, Ash drew deep breath. “You don’t think so, obviously.”

Marion looked at Ash for several long moments. An awkward silence hung heavily between them. Then Marion said quietly. “You've changed too Ash.

Ash smiled sadly. “It’s never going to be the same again, Marion.”

Marion laughed, the fierce, crazed look crossed her pale face once again. “It’s true Ash.” Then the sword in her hand was a blur.

A figure laid limp on the ground. Marion looked at her sword with shock, Ash's blood dripping. Tears ran down Marion’s face. “I’m sorry Ash, I’m sorry.” She knelt beside Ash and grieved.

At least her secret was safe now.

(I like the idea of the enemy families, both skillful with swords, the Rapier and the Sabers. I might develop this topic into a book)

message 15: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments (I'll go and post there too :)
Nicely done. Very interesting. Makes me want to read more.

Okay, I'm feeling like I shouldn't even enter at this point...everyone else is so good...

message 16: by Karin (new)

Karin ok... mine isn't great.... but, i think it is pretty good

title: My Mother's Secret
word count: 1,058

I open the front door only to find a note lying on the table beside the door. It said,

Dear Hayley,
Don’t worry. I will be back in a couple days. Please make dinner for you and your brother. I know I have been gone a lot lately. When I get back we will spend some time together, I promise.

Love,
Mom

I roll my eyes. My mom is gone all the time. No wonder dad left her after I was born. All of a sudden the phone rings. I run to the kitchen and get it.

“Hello?” I answer.

“Is Mrs. Malshin there?” a scratchy voice asks.

“No. She won’t be back for a couple days. But, this is her daughter Hayley. Who are you?” I ask in a suspicious tone.

“That is for me to know and for you to find out. Is any other adult present in your home?” the male voice asks again.

“No.” I immediately hung up the phone.

I sigh and leave the kitchen. I run up the stairs to my room. As soon as I close the door, the phone rings. I pick up the one in my room.

I say, “Hello?”

“Is Mrs. Malshin still home?” a kind woman voice asks.

“No, this is her daughter. May I ask who this is?” I ask this person, hoping for a better answer this time.

“I am a friend of your mothers. Do you know exactly where your mother is Miss Malshin?”

“In her letter it just said she will be back in a couple days, that is all. I can call her and ask.”

“No. That will, um, not be necessary. I must be going now. Good bye Miss Malshin.” Urgency was in the woman’s voice. Suddenly, the phone hangs up.

Dial my mom’s cell phone number. She doesn’t answer and I figure she is in a plane or something. I sigh and put up the phone. I yawn and go back down stairs to get my homework.

I finish my homework and throw it back in my large, navy blue back pack. I stretch and glance at my clock.

My cell phone rings startling me. I answer it saying, “Hey Joe. What’s up.” My step dad usually only calls me to tell he has to go away on business suddenly. I already know his answer so I just tone him out.

When he is done I say, “Okay.” Then hang up. I shove my touch screen phone back in my pocket and head down stairs to make dinner.

At the foot of the stairs my annoying brother, Zeke, is rocking back in forth. I say, “What are doing little twerp?” He is eleven and as tall as me, so I guess he isn’t little, but I don’t care.

“I’m hungry!” he yells in my face. He starts mumbling something in Korean, which I never learned. But, living in Korea for most of my life you think I would have.

“I am about to make dinner so shut up!” I yell back.

“Make me!” he whispers in my ear.

I whirl around to face him and yell in his face, “I’m older!”

“By like four years!” he says in a bratty tone.

“Still, that counts as older! Ha!”

He mimics me and I slap him in the face. His face gets red. I just simply turn and run away. He shouts at me angrily in Korean, but I ignore him.

I get into the kitchen and look for something to make. I find left over spaghetti and make only enough for me.

When it finishes heating up in the microwave, I take it out. I go into the living room and eat while watching TV. Zeke walks in and says, “Yum! For Me?”

“Heck no! Go get your own, butt face!” I yell.

He sighs and leaves. I go back to watching music videos. The phone rings again. I growl to myself and get up. I shuffle to the kitchen and answer the phone. Zeke isn’t allowed to touch the phone.

“Hello?” I answer for the fourth time tonight.

“Agent Malshin?” a low voice asks.

A lot of people say I sound just like my mom, so I say, “This is she.” I am curious, so I lied this time.

“Are you on the plane yet?” the voice asks again.

“Yes. I am almost to my destination.” I say trying to sound like a smart Korean woman, like my mom.

“Very well. I shall see you soon, then.”

“Yes sir.” I hang up the phone and turn to Zeke, who has spaghetti hanging out of his mouth.

I bite my lip. “Zeke, I think mom is a spy.”

He bursts out laughing. Spaghetti flies out of his nose and lands on his shoe. He picks it up and eats it. I roll my eyes and smack him in the face. He finally gets himself together and says, “You are joking, aren’t you?”

“No! On the phone this guy with a low voice asked for ‘Agent Malshin’. I said I was agent Malshin, and he says he will meet me at my destination. I think mom is this Agent Malshin person.”

“It could be dad.”

“I’m pretty sure it wasn’t Joe.” I think for a minute. It would have to be mom. Joe does go on business trips. He takes us with him half of the time. The phone rings, interrupting my thinking.

I answer it and a woman says in a Korean accent, “Hello? Agent Malshin-Soomee, are you there?” That is sometimes what my mom goes by.

“Um, no. This is her daughter, though. Who is this?”

“I Agent Mishijo. I work with your mommy. I am assuming you know she a spy?”

“Um… no, I didn’t. Thank you for telling me Ms. Mishijo. Nice talking to you. Goodbye.” I hang up. I feel torn and full of sadness. I can’t beeline mom didn’t tell me. I stand in the kitchen for a minute or two, than sulk into the living room and finish my dinner.

I go to bed after finishing my dinner. I feel upset. I go up stairs, and put on my pajamas, and lay down in my bed. I lay there for about twenty minutes, then coax myself to sleep, still unable to believe my mother’s secret.

message 17: by ☺♡M♡☺ (new)

☺♡M♡☺ (moonlanpersonyahoocom) | 131 comments Hey, I thought the word count couldn't be above 600!!!

message 18: by Karin (last edited Mar 17, 2010 07:14PM) (new)

Karin sorry.... if forgot and got carried away. if you need to, disqualify me. i don't care if you do or not. (i thouht it was 6,000, :( oops!) but, thanks!

message 19: by ★ Jess (last edited Mar 17, 2010 11:32PM) (new)

REMEMBER, the less words the better, because it can hold an audience longer

message 20: by ☺♡M♡☺ (new)

☺♡M♡☺ (moonlanpersonyahoocom) | 131 comments Jillian wrote: "♫ Moonlan ♪ wrote: "Hey, I thought the word count couldn't be above 600!!!"

Yeah, you're right . . . ._.

(By the way, I loved your story idea! You should really expand it into a book! ;) )"

I will!

message 21: by Karin (new)

Karin you guys are soooooo nice!

message 22: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 18, 2010 06:42PM) (new)

Hey guys, this is a draft for mine- its only 325 words, read and tell me what you think? I'll post my official entry later, after I refine it a bit. Just want a bit of feedback first!

'The Mirror Holds the Secret'

message 23: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments I'm so mad, I'm not going to be able to enter this contest. I'm really pressed for time, and my idea just isn't working out anyways.

message 24: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments Yeah, I might run out of time, too. Don't do too well with deadlines...I'll try, though...

message 25: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) | 651 comments can the secret come out in the open at the beginning of the story then the story is about the aftermath of the secret?

message 26: by ★ Jess (new)

if you want

message 27: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) | 651 comments heres my story!! http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/2...
(word count: 566)

It hurts, but it’s the good kind of pain. The physical pain at least. The emotional pain is what almost kills me. Even worse is that I know I can't tell anyone, especially those close to me. What if they reject me? Then I truly will go off the deep end. I know this is unhealthy for me, we have learned about it multiple times at school. These scars won't disappear. My habits take a toll on my body. When I'm older, these actions will catch up with me. Still, I know no other way to escape the deep aching in my soul I feel whenever I think about my life. When I'm done with the blade, I reach for the bottle of pills, and take three large pills at once, swallowing them dry. I don’t read the label on it to see what the medicine is, so hopefully it is a painkiller. Maybe it will help to kill my mental pain. My vision becomes a bit blurry and my head feels light. However, I can still remember the events of that day. So I take some more pills. Then, I clumsily pick up the blade once again and hold it to my arm.

I hear a knock on the bathroom door. Someone calls me, but all I hear is a low buzzing. I turn towards the noise and see a blurry version of my mother. I know my secret is blown, but at that moment, I don't care. The buzzing coming from my mother's mouth becomes louder, and then my father appears. My parents walk over to me, and I feel them picking me up and carrying me somewhere. My father picks up a phone, and then everything goes black.

I wake up in a white bed in a white room. There is a tube sticking out of my arm that connects to a machine. As my eyes flutter open, I see my family looking at me with shocked and worried faces. When my mother noticed that I was awake, she wordlessly knelt next to my hospital bed. All I could do was look at her. My two sisters sit in the bed with me, and my father smiles at me. My mother strokes my long hair and I know that everything is going to be ok.

"Good morning, sweetie. How are you feeling?" my mother asks me. I groan in reply. "The doctors are helping your body get back on track. You overdosed on ibuprofen and cut pretty deep, but everything is going to be ok. I wish you had trusted us and told us sooner. How long have you been feeling like this?"
"A while. Months. I don't remember exactly." I admitted.
“I wish you would have told me. We would have been able to help you.” Behind her, my father nodded in agreement and my sisters took my hand.

I am relieved to know people care about me, even though they know I am self-abusive. I'm not sure how I will handle what's to come, but I do know that my family will be there for me. I don’t want to talk to people about my problems, but I have to learn to trust them with my thoughts and feelings. At least I don’t have to hold my secret inside anymore. My family will be helping me get through the difficult times.

message 28: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments Awww, that one has me ready to cry. Is it based on anything true? (You don't have to answer if you don't want to...)

message 29: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) | 651 comments its not based on nything that i personally have gone through....but i have a very close friend who suffers from depression and she has nights like this

message 30: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments That's sad. I wish that no one had to go through stuff like that.

message 31: by Lydia (new)

Lydia | 290 comments Here's mine:

Sweet Sixteen
By Lydia
Word count: 508

Have you ever had a secret you couldn’t tell anyone? It’s happened to everyone, right? A secret here, a secret there. It didn’t matter; word leaked out eventually. But I’m talking about a life or death secret. One that makes you lie awake at night. You know the feeling of being terrified after watching a horror movie before bed? The feeling that, even though you know it’s only a movie, something’s about to happen? That’s what it’s like for me, only this isn’t some horror film. This is real.

It all started on my sixteenth birthday. It was just me and my family at Grandma Jones’ house. (My parents had refused to let me have friends over. I argued with them about that. I mean, it’s my ‘Sweet 16’, right?)
“Let’s go for a walk, dear.” My grandmother suggested. It wasn’t the ideal thing to do on my birthday, but I consented. Grandma always got her way.
My cousins stayed in the house; the only people who were walking was: me, Grandma Jones, my parents, and my baby sister, Julianne.
We walked along the path for a while, twisting and turning. I hoped someone else was keeping track of where we had come from. Finally we reached our destination: a glade with a clear view of the sky, which was already dark and quickly filling with stars.
“What-?” I turned to my companions. “Why?” My mother looked at Grandma Jones nervously, but she was staring at me.
And then the moon came out from behind a cloud.
I was compelled to all fours, like a dog.
“What- What’s happening?” I gasped.
“Molly,” My mother said.
“Hush, dear.” Grandma Jones’ interrupted.
“Ugh.” My spinal cord stretched out, and I watched in horror as my hands morphed into a paws. What’s happening to me!? I wanted to cry out. I opened my mouth, and out came a bark, low and staccato.
In a few minutes it was over. I groaned, but it came out as a howl.
“Stay calm, Alisha.” My mother commanded quietly, looking around anxiously. She rocked the little sleeping Julianne in her arms. Stay calm? CALM!? I wanted to scream at them. I was a monster!
“Not quite a monster.” Grandma said. She slowly walked towards me. I stared at her. “A wolf.” She announced.
A wolf? Was that supposed to make me feel better?
“I’m sorry, Alisha.” My father said. “We should have told you earlier.”
“We would have, if not for Mother.” My mother glared at Grandma Jones. Then she turned to me. “This is why you couldn’t have friends over.”
I stared at them. This was the reason? They knew this was going to happen?
My vision was blurred by a red haze.
“I think, dear, Alisha needs some time alone. We’ll meet her back at the house.” My father glanced at me one more time. As I fought back my tears, my family disappeared into the gloom. The clouds broke in the sky. I tipped my head back and howled at the moon.

message 32: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) | 651 comments Rae*The Ultimate Percabeth Fan* wrote: "That's sad. I wish that no one had to go through stuff like that."

same. it makes me really sad

message 33: by Lydia (new)

Lydia | 290 comments Thanks, Amber!

message 34: by ☺♡M♡☺ (new)

☺♡M♡☺ (moonlanpersonyahoocom) | 131 comments I shoulda posted mine later…the good, last stories are always the ones that have a lasting impression! *pout*

message 35: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) | 651 comments same i didnt really write it to win :) and its the first one iv actually finished too lol

message 36: by Hope (new)

Hope (heyhopeful) I never write to win. I write because I enjoy it. :)

message 37: by ★ Jess (new)

OK, THE CONTEST IS CLOSED!
MARVELOUS ENTRIES, POLL OPEM NOW!

message 38: by Annemarie (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 116 comments B-B-But I'm almost done... Can I at least have 'till the end of the day?

message 39: by Annemarie (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 116 comments Ah. Nevermind I'll just enter something next time.

message 40: by ★ Jess (new)

I dislike essays

message 41: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) | 651 comments Hope wrote: "I never write to win. I write because I enjoy it. :)"

same here :)

how are we going to vote for people??

message 42: by ★ Jess (new)

just choose your favorite story. Most votes on the poll wins

message 43: by ☺♡M♡☺ (new)

☺♡M♡☺ (moonlanpersonyahoocom) | 131 comments Yeah…but I'm competitive, and it's pretty cool to win, cuz my writing hasn't been…appreciated much.

message 44: by ☺♡M♡☺ (new)

☺♡M♡☺ (moonlanpersonyahoocom) | 131 comments http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/6...

Just to make sure EVERYONE reads it… :P

message 45: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments i did as well.

message 46: by Hope (new)

Hope (heyhopeful) I'm not going to re-post mine. xD Good luck everybody! :)

message 47: by Ayunda (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) Ok, I'm not joining this contest, but I hope I can vote!! But congrats for all of you guys..!!!!!!!!

message 48: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) | 651 comments thank you! :)

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Booklover23 wrote: "ok every one, you voted, and the winner by a long mile was A STORY ABOUT A SECRET.

You are to write a short story, and the topic is a secret of some sort.
It has to be less then 600 words. Reme..."

heyy- i reackon the periods of time for comps- needs to be longer... :S

message 50: by ★ Jess (new)

Thank you for your feed back. We'll be sure to keep that in mind

« previous 1