Cover to Cover Challenge discussion

Read-a-thon Book Lists - March

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Athira (last edited Mar 21, 2010 11:24AM) (new)

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) (readingonarainyday) Thanks Kelly for this awesome suggestion!

This thread is for you to draw up your lists for the Read-a-thon. Depending on how lengthy / popular this thread gets, I *might* create one for each month. But for now, this is the Book list thread.

Do you have a list you have drawn up for the Read-a-thon? Please post it here. It will probably help those like me, who are struggling to decide! :)

**Updated (Mar 21): It is not compulsory that you post a list. It is entirely up to you. If you wish to track what you plan to read or would like to look for suggestions, pop by here.

message 2: by Athira (last edited Mar 14, 2010 08:30AM) (new)

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) (readingonarainyday) List
***Thinking and breaking my head over this!***
1. Harry Potter books

Some suggestions
I scouted through a part of my read bookshelf and think these are fast reads (either in pages or they just read quick
1. The Hunger Games by The Hunger Games
2. Catching Fire by The Hunger Games
3. Daddy Long Legs by Jean Webster
4. Fireworks over Toccoa by Jeffrey Stepakoff
5. Persepolis 1: The Story of a Childhood by Marjane Satrapi
6. Persepolis 2: The Story of a Return by Marjane Satrapi
7. Embroideries by Marjane Satrapi
8. Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding
9. Love Story by Erich Segal
10. Harry Potter books (esp if you are re-reading it)
11. Twilight books

Stay up All-nighters
1. Mortal Instruments series
2. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
3. Nelson Demille books
4. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
5. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

message 3: by Caitrin (last edited Mar 24, 2010 04:17PM) (new)

Caitrin (literarydependent) My list, these are the books I have from the library I need to read and get back. i'll edit if I read them in the meantime.

1. A Wizard of Earthsea (The Earthsea Cycle, #1) by Ursula K. Le Guin 2. The Tombs of Atuan (The Earthsea Cycle, #2) by Ursula K. Le Guin 3. The Farthest Shore (The Earthsea Cycle, #3) by Ursula K. Le Guin 4. Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank
5. First Lord's Fury (Codex Alera, #6) by Jim Butcher 8. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide, #1) by Douglas Adams
9. The Restaurant at the End of the Universe (Hitchhiker's Guide, #2) by Douglas Adams 10. Life, the Universe and Everything (Hitchhiker's Guide, #3) by Douglas Adams 11. So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish (Hitchhiker's Guide, #4) by Douglas Adams 12. The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide by Douglas Adams (Young Zaphod plays it safe)

message 4: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) I'll just post as I go along.

message 5: by Shannon (last edited Mar 18, 2010 10:57PM) (new)

Shannon (Savhage Temptrest) (savhagetemptress) | 28 comments Hmmm...I'm going to read some books I already planned to read for this month, but I'll list them as I go along I think.

Progress: /

Unapologetic_Bookaholic I am joining this today, so I'll need some time thinking about my list. I think I'll add as I go.
Book/page count /

message 7: by Barbara ★ (last edited Mar 26, 2010 03:13PM) (new)

Barbara ★ I'm going to read a bunch of short books (Harlequin or anthologies) which I need to complete anyway for my March challenges.

1. Passion Untamed - Pamela Palmer
2. Desire Untamed - Pamela Palmer
3. Obsession Untamed - Pamela Palmer
4. Inked - anthology
5. Never After - anthology
6. An Enchanted Season - anthology

Change of plans: as I have 8 library books due back on Sunday 28th, I need to read some of those instead of challenge books.

Succubus Heat - Richelle Mead
Midnight Alley - Rachel Caine
Feast of Fools - Rachel Caine
Chosen - P.C. Cast

message 8: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wldinnis) I don't know if I will be able to post a list. I think I will just read what I have on my shelf at that point!

message 9: by Ivy (new)

Ivy M (luvbug) These are the books that I have pulled off my shelf but doubt very much if I will be able to read all of them. Figured I would pull a few extras in case I had trouble getting into one of them...

1. Shakespeare's Trollop by Charlaine Harris
2. Last Scene Alive by Charlaine Harris
3. Manor of Death by Leslie Caine
4. Murder Under a Mystic Moon by Yasmine Galenora
5. Castle Rouge by Carole Nelson Douglas
6. Tregaron's Daughter by Madeleine Brent
7. Dropped Dead Stitch by Maggie Sefton
8. Death Preception by Victoria Laurie
9. Shakespeare's Champion by Carlaine Harris
10. Scattered Graves by Beverly Connor

I have 500+ books on my TBR pile so if none of these work I am sure that I will have no trouble finding another book to read.

message 10: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) My husband is supposed to help me tomorrow decide what I will read. Will post then.

message 11: by Caitrin (new)

Caitrin (literarydependent) Updated my potential books list because I read 2 of them over the weekend! >.>

message 12: by Jennifer C (new)

Jennifer C I only have 2 books picked out so far - Swept Away by Toni Blake and the second book in the Pink Carnation Series by Lauren Willig. After that, I think I will just pick what ever suits my fancy :)

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore Ivy wrote: "These are the books that I have pulled off my shelf but doubt very much if I will be able to read all of them. Figured I would pull a few extras in case I had trouble getting into one of them...

..."

Pulling them off your shelf is a great idea! I'll probably do the same.

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore I'm thinking of reading Ransom by Julie Garwood, and then reading either a contemporary or paranormal romance if I finish that. I just can't decide which one.

message 15: by Valorie (new)

Valorie So far I have these books picked out. We'll see how many I can get done!

1. Glass Houses by Rachel Caine
2. Hotter than Hell Anthology
3. Wild Thing Anthology
4. Beyond the Dark Anthology
5. The Tale of Hill Top Farm by Susan Wittig Albert

Good luck to everyone and have fun!!

message 16: by Debbie (new)

Debbie  (db_debber) | 137 comments I still have two books left for another challenge, I think I am just going to finish them up if I can and maybe through in an audio book.

message 17: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) I'm planning on starting with
A is for Alibi
B is for Burglar
Abandon
and Darkfever

message 18: by Renee (new)

Renee | 48 comments ok, another question here. Will this list be an inclusive list for this and future monthly read-a-thons or just for March?

I have to wait til my shift at work is over (midnight) to grab my books from my real life shelves at home and I will post them then.

Awesome idea!!!!

message 19: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wldinnis) I will start with
Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
and
Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

message 20: by Athira (new)

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) (readingonarainyday) Renee wrote: "ok, another question here. Will this list be an inclusive list for this and future monthly read-a-thons or just for March? ."

We haven't yet decided on that. We'll probably look to see if this thread gets swamped with lists, in which case, we may start a new thread for the next Read-a-thon. In all probability, we will start a new thread.

message 21: by Roseann (new)

Roseann | 185 comments Anyone who has a copy might want to start THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATOO. I just saw the film and it was very good. Think Silence of the Lambs meets Seven. Not for everyone, but for a 2 1/2 hour film in Swedish, it kept me interested! I know I have an ARC of the novel somewhere, I will try to dig it up for the read-a-thon.

message 22: by KrisT (new)

KrisT | 414 comments Reading list:
1. Finish South of Broad
2. Something from my stacks of old:???

message 23: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic (last edited Mar 26, 2010 01:03PM) (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic *1.First Drop of Crimson v Jeaniene Frost
pages 267/452

**2. Crossing Borders v Z.A. Maxfield
pages: 80/218

Reading aides
-Sunflower seeds
-Stopwatch [to track hours spent reading, at a time:]
-Lap blanket
-Coffee!!!

*Not sure if current reads count, but this book has been hanging with me a while. Would love this challenge as a motivation to finally put it to rest. Just read and read and get it finished! **Some other works in progress are just favorites I can't put down =D. I'll hold off on reading them any more until 7 PM, when the read-a-thon stats for me. If I get knocked offline due to having really crappy services here in the mountians, lol, i'll updates from my phone. They just can't be real detailed.

READ

message 24: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) I am planning on reading The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game; The Graveyard Book; and Catch Me If You Can.

I am not sure that I will be able to read the whole time, so i might make it into 24 hours over the course of the weekend.

message 25: by Susan (new)

Susan (superbookfreak) | 115 comments Ivy wrote: "These are the books that I have pulled off my shelf but doubt very much if I will be able to read all of them. Figured I would pull a few extras in case I had trouble getting into one of them...

..."

Last Scene Alive is a great book. I read that two months ago.

message 26: by Susan (new)

Susan (superbookfreak) | 115 comments I am going to start with Crush by Alan Jacobson and than go from there.

message 27: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wldinnis) I am going to start with Uglies as I finished my first book before the read-a-thon began (oops).

message 28: by Linda (new)

Linda I'm just going to post as I go along and finish each book.

message 29: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic (last edited Mar 27, 2010 10:51AM) (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Currently Reading
First Drop of Crimson v Jeaniene Frost

TBR?

Crossing Borders v Z.A. Maxfield

READ
1. Gay for Pay v Kim Dare pages: 48
2. Gay Since Today v Kim Dare pages: 48
3. The Bipolar Advantage v Tom Wootton [last 14 pages only:]
Gay for Pay (G-A-Y #4) by Kim Dare Gay Since Today (G-A-Y #6) by Kim Dare The Bipolar Advantage by Tom Wootton

Totals
Pages read: 110
Hours spent reading: 3.5
Books finished: 3
Cups of coffee: 2

message 30: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) I only read one that was on my list. I found other books that looked more interesting.