Grown up Twi-hards! discussion

Stephenie's Interview about Breaking Dawn

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura | 42 comments Mod
Here is a link to Stephenie Meyer's interview with Entertainment Weekly about Breaking Dawn. It's very interesting.
http://www.ew.com/ew/video/trailers?b...

message 2: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie I couldn't follow the link to the interview... It took me to the main EW site.. but no Stephenie. :/ Maybe it's a problem on my end?

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura | 42 comments Mod
Ah, crap! I think they took it down from that part of the website. I searched for it, but they just have an article about how they interviewed her. No interview, though. :( Sorry!

message 4: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie Haha, no problem! I need to catch up on my author interviews so I'll go find it later. I also need to see the new interview with Charlaine Harris about her 10th Sookie novel, yay!

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura | 42 comments Mod
I read in US Weekly today (It's not reliable, I know, I know), and the makers of Twilight are not only splitting Breaking Dawn in half, but are considering making it in 3D. I thought Avatar sucked and the 3D did nothing to enhance the experience. I hope they don't do this with Breaking Dawn, given I just felt dizzy to the point of nausea while watching Avatar in 3D. Why can't they just make a really good movie--a three hour epic to celebrate the whole series? Why? Why? Oh, wait--greed. Need to double those pay checks.... Ugh.

message 6: by Wanda M. (new)

Wanda M.  (wmh0121) | 7 comments The one good thing about 2 movies is they should not leave a thing out from the book.

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura | 42 comments Mod
Wanda wrote: "The one good thing about 2 movies is they should not leave a thing out from the book."

You are so right. Also, Stephenie is a producer for the Breaking Dawn movies, so surely they will adhere to what she wants and follow the novel.

I have mixed feelings about the PG-13 rating. On one hand, I understand: many of the fans are young girls, and they would not get to see it if it were rated R. Plus, keeping them from the movie would just be unfair. I know if I were 12, I would be REALLY upset if I could not see the finale.

That said, one of the things I loved about the novel is that it is very adult. I enjoyed reading about Bella's struggles in this one, so I really hope they don't "kiddie it down" for the younger audience.

Melissa Rosenburg said it will be the same as the book, and they will find a way to keep the gore in without getting an R-rating. I think the production has their work cut out for them.

Let's just hope they don't buy in to the dying 3D fad. Please....

message 8: by Wanda M. (new)

Wanda M.  (wmh0121) | 7 comments Lara wrote: "Wanda wrote: "The one good thing about 2 movies is they should not leave a thing out from the book."

You are so right. Also, Stephenie is a producer for the Breaking Dawn movies, so surely they wi..."

I still hope they can keep some of Jacob's perspective as well. I think if they loose his perspective then the whole Reneesme imprinting thing would be odd coming from Bella's view since she's unconscious during that part.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Lara wrote: "I read in US Weekly today (It's not reliable, I know, I know), and the makers of Twilight are not only splitting Breaking Dawn in half, but are considering making it in 3D. I thought Avatar sucked ..."

Oh,NO! not 3D....GAG!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I like the rating as I am so tired of too much sex. Most books now just tell you ten million things YOU NEVER WANTED TO KNOW OR HEAR ABOUT!

Stephenie Meyer is just perfect on this...plenty of real ROMANCE not sex.