Book Addicts discussion

Movies > Avatar

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Regan ♥, The Head Mod. (new)

Regan ♥ (Regan_) | 539 comments Mod
Has anyone seen Avatar? What do you think about it?

I think it was pretty good. The special effects were awesome, and they made Pandora looks so real and cool. Some parts seemed to drag on, but overall I really liked it.

message 2: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess I definatley agree!
The special effects were amazing!
But for some reason i didnt enjoy it... Maybe i was expecting it to be fantastic-with all the hype-but in the end i thought it was just average.
3/5 stars.
-Still worth the watch though

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

i LOVED IT!!! but i agree with booklover23 it was less then what i was expecting

4/5 stars :D

message 4: by ☺♡M♡☺ (new)

☺♡M♡☺ (moonlanpersonyahoocom) | 56 comments I LOVED IT!!!!! 4.9/5, WHICH IS RLY HIGH!!! The only thing they could improve is like, the war and everything.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

IKR!!!

message 6: by cruza (new)

cruza | 3 comments enjoyed it
nice but not awesome!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Cruza wrote: "enjoyed it
nice but not awesome!"

what do you rate it???

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

i liked the fight scenes coz they always the best part :]

message 9: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Callinicos | 171 comments i loved the movie so much i have meet ppl who hate it and say it was horrible i swear those are the mental ppl of the world everyting was amazing about this movie

message 10: by ☺♡M♡☺ (new)

☺♡M♡☺ (moonlanpersonyahoocom) | 56 comments Yeah, the fight scenes are awesome…but the movie itself is awesome in general!

message 11: by Lisa , The other MOD. (aka the Awesome Mod.) (new)

Lisa  (lisao_0) | 466 comments Mod
LOVED IT it was soooooo cool.

message 12: by Kawthar (new)

Kawthar Ali The movie was amazing,,,
I got addicted to it, had read all about it in wiki and had it as my mobile theme :P
The fighting scene was really nice, the effects (OMG), and especially their tradition..
I liked the makingup of the language, their rituals and thier tradition which they held dear
And I even loved Pandora,and as Regan said, it seemed so real...The whole idea was really amazing
But too bad I didn't watch it in 3-D :(
I would rate it 4.7/5 :P To me, no movie it perfect :)

message 13: by Nhi Le (new)

Nhi Le (The Literary Bystander) (theliterarybystander) Good visuals, kind of lacking on the plot for me. But overall, I did quite enjoy the movie. Although I don't know how James Cameron is going to top that with a possible sequel for Avatar?

message 14: by Kawthar (new)

Kawthar Ali Nhi wrote: "Good visuals, kind of lacking on the plot for me. But overall, I did quite enjoy the movie. Although I don't know how James Cameron is going to top that with a possible sequel for Avatar?"

ya, I was wondering about that too..

message 15: by Regan ♥, The Head Mod. (new)

So I've been watching it lately, and have noticed it's just like "New Moon." Once you watch it once, it gets boring. But I still love the visuals. They're amazing.

message 16: by Paige (new)

Paige (paige1213) | 6 comments yeah; once you've seen it @ the cinema, there's not really any point in buying it

message 17: by Regan ♥, The Head Mod. (new)

Paige wrote: "yeah; once you've seen it @ the cinema, there's not really any point in buying it"

Mm, my mum loves it though. I don't even watch it anymore.

message 18: by ♧clover (new)

♧clover | 3 comments It is a great moviee.
I love it. Pandora looks so beautiful. and it looked so real in 3D.
I love how everything glows at night in pandora.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Good movie. Pandora is beautiful

message 20: by Skye (new)

Skye Scarlett (Skye_Zary) | 22 comments yea with all the trees... it so pretty and it's like all conected

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

YES

message 22: by Christina (new)

Christina | 7 comments I absolutely LOVED Avatar! My mom and I saw it in 3-D Imax, and I practically freaked out the entire time. A friend of mine had seen and it and he said it was exactly like Pocahontas except the poeple were blue, and I wanted to smack him. The whole time I was watching the movie, Pocahontas never crossed my mind.
And then my dad watched it, and he said it was just like Dances with Wolves. So we watched that. My father failed to tell me it was 4 HOURS LONG. And it was boring.
My point is, don't listen to Avatar-Haters.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

hahahaha

message 24: by Skye (new)

Skye Scarlett (Skye_Zary) | 22 comments was it good... i mean 3-D.... it must've been awesome... wish i could see like that...

message 25: by Skye (new)

Skye Scarlett (Skye_Zary) | 22 comments lolz...

message 26: by Regan ♥, The Head Mod. (new)

Watching it in 3D was the best!