European Royalty discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
History Nominations > May 1 - June 1: Nominating

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments ***THE AMERICAS***

***ANY NORTH, SOUTH OR CENTRAL AMERICAN COUNTRY, ANY TIME PERIOD, FICTION OR NON-FICTION***

Okay everyone, it's that time of the month - time to nominate! Anyone who would like to nominate ONE book may do so in this thread.

The theme this month is THE AMERICAS (any North, South or Central American country, any time period, fiction or non-fiction). Lots to choose from here!

If you want to see if we have already read a book you are thinking of nominating, just look at the sections where we discuss the books (E. Royalty Monthly Group Read and History Monthly Group Read). The very first thread under each of those sections lists all the books we have read as a group (Books We Have Read as a Group).

Please try to check amazon or some other site to make sure the book is easily available - the last thing we want is to nominate some great book that no one can get! If you nominate more than ONE book, only the first book listed will make it into the voting thread (so save additional books for the next months!). Also, if the book doesn't fit the theme, I won't add it to this month's voting list, but I will carry it over to the next theme that it does fit under if you would like.

Feel free to nominate one book of your choice in this thread until March 15th, 9pm Eastern.

At around that time, I'll make a voting poll and list all the nominated books in it, and people can vote in the poll until the poll closes (set to last through March 19th). Discussion will start on May 1st.

Happy Nominating!

message 2: by Tina (new)

Tina The Worst Hard Time by Timothy Eagan

The Worst Hard Time The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bowl by Timothy Egan

message 3: by Terry (new)

Terry | 11 comments I would like to nominiate The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom. The Kitchen House A Novel by Kathleen Grissom

message 4: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 696 comments Terry wrote: "I would like to nominiate The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom. The Kitchen House A Novel by Kathleen Grissom"

Good one, I'm patiently awaiting my turn at the library. I'm going to renominate one of my favorites, Calico Palace by Gwen Bristow.

Calico Palace by Gwen Bristow

message 5: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments Tina wrote: "The Worst Hard Time by Timothy Eagan

The Worst Hard Time The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bowl by Timothy Egan"

Omg, I loved this book!

message 6: by Tina (new)

Tina Sara W wrote: "Tina wrote: "The Worst Hard Time by Timothy Eagan

The Worst Hard Time The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bowl by Timothy Egan"

Omg, I loved this book!"

Glad to hear someone liked it! I've had it in my Amazon wishlist for forever, waiting for the right mood to buy and read it :-)

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura Sawyer wrote: "I nominate News from Paraguay, by Lily Tuck. An Irish mistress, a dictator, a history of a country I know nothing about - this sounds quite good!"

Sawyer, I loved this book!!

message 8: by April Ann (new)

April Ann (bloomer) | 83 comments One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez One Hundred Years of Solitude

I nominated this back in August! Trying it again! :)

message 9: by Laura (new)

Laura April Ann wrote: "One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez One Hundred Years of Solitude

I nominated this back in August! Trying it again! :)"

another GREATTT book!!

message 10: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments Nominating is closed! Time to vote!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.