i love emily giffin books discussion

Similar to Emily Giffin

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin (new)

Erin  Black (eblack) Hey,
I'm new to goodreads but have fallen in love with the site! I love Emily Giffin!! Does anyone know any other authors who write the same way? About the same topics?

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 1 comments Jennifer Weiner is kind of similar in writing style and topics. I love both Weiner and Giffin's writing styles. :)

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1 comments I like Kristin Hannah as well as Giffin

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 1 comments I am currently reading What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty. It's excellent so far and very much reminds me of Emily Giffin's style and type of story. I also really like Sophie Kinsella's books, you might want to check them out!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I have actually thought of givin' Sophie Kinsella as well as Jennifer Weiner's books a try, who knows I might actually like both of them,lol! I like some of Kristin Hannah's,her books are ok...not really my taste. I'm usually up for readin' other book authors' books..just to see if there good or not,lol!

message 6: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Waltemade marshall | 2 comments Sarah Pekkanen has become one of my favorites, and I absolutely Emily Giffin's writing. I think you would enjoy her writings... The Opposite of Me was one of my favorites! :)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Dinah wrote: "I am hooked on Sophie Kinsella. I can always expect to get a good laugh with her novels. I like Kristin Hannah's novels as well, but I could never read them back to back because of the intensity an..."

I really aggree with ya...Kristin Hannah does have a way when it comes to writin' some depressin' novals...some of her novals are quiet depressin',tho..not all of them are. I think that I'll start lookin' for novals of Sophie Kinsella....her novals should b good,especially if they make ya laugh,lol! Happy readin' to ya.....

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Lynn wrote: "Sarah Pekkanen has become one of my favorites, and I absolutely Emily Giffin's writing. I think you would enjoy her writings... The Opposite of Me was one of my favorites! :)"

I don't think that I've ever heard of that name. Is she good? I mean, is her novals really good? how good is her novals? I sure hope that her novals ain't real high dollar prices....

message 9: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Waltemade marshall | 2 comments April - Look up some of the reviews of her books on Amazon... I really enjoy them and think they are really good! I don't think you'll be disappointed. :)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Lynn wrote: "April - Look up some of the reviews of her books on Amazon... I really enjoy them and think they are really good! I don't think you'll be disappointed. :)"

Lynn~hey. I have looked up some of her reviews on Amazon and some pf them r quiet shockin' (if ya know what I mean,lol)and then again some of them r just either nice,friendly,ok, or just down right mean....it just depends on what other people r sayin' about her books now days...and it also depends on if there is any recent book reviews or not...it really depends. O,I agree with ya....the book reviews on Amazon r really good...dependin' on just ones u wanna read of when it comes to her books...or anybody else's books... I haven't gotten on Amazon n a really long time,tho,but that does sound like a great idea...I think that I'll go on Amazon and check out some of the recent book reviews on there and just kinda see for myself,thanks for the recommendation... I sure do hope that I won't b disappointed.... :(

message 11: by Sue (last edited Dec 02, 2013 12:15PM) (new)

Sue Lee (suehlee) | 1 comments Hi friends!
I am the author of the new contemporary office romance book, Nerd Girl. Emily Giffin is one of my favorite authors and when I wrote my book, I had her audience in mind.

Would anyone like to get a free copy of my book in exchange for a review? Please email me at suelee_haslam@hotmail.com and friend me on GR. I will then send you a file in the format of your choice.

Here is a link to my GR page and a synopsis:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

Everyone knows that office romances can be risky, but how much are you willing to sacrifice for love?

Julia Hayes is beautiful, successful, sometimes nerdy, and perpetually single. She lives in Seattle and just landed her dream job at one of the most iconic technology companies in the world.

When Julia embarks on a new career opportunity, a serendipitous event literally throws her in the path of Ryan McGraw, the hot and charming VP. As the attraction grows between them, it's not long before Julia realizes that things are more complicated than they appear.

Nerd Girl is a heartwarming love story about a woman at the crossroads between true love and her career. It's about deciding what’s most important in life and taking chances to get it. But most of all, it's about not letting your mind prevent you from following your heart.