Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Themes > My Secret Identity

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 4132 comments Mod
Have you read a book where the hero wore two hats?

You know a Bruce/Batman. No, the hero is not a superhero, but he does have a secret identity.

Business man by day, killer by night.

Say the heroine is a reporter and she meets John Doe and later finds out that he's also Paul Doe. The man she has been doing a story on, but never seen him before.

The heroine can be in any field. I just used reporter, because in movies, it's most likely she'll be a reporter.

message 2: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 272 comments I read a book last year where the hero is a hotel owner who likes to visit his hotels under an assumed name to check how things are going and the heroine was an heiress who wanted to get away to be a "normal" person for a few days. Can't remember the title right off, but it's what just popped into my head.

message 3: by Arch (new)

Debbie wrote: "I read a book last year where the hero is a hotel owner who likes to visit his hotels under an assumed name to check how things are going and the heroine was an heiress who wanted to get away to be..."

That's what I am talking about. Secret Identity.

message 4: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 272 comments I know, but I can't remember the title or author LOL!

message 5: by Arch (last edited Mar 11, 2010 07:43PM) (new)

Debbie wrote: "I know, but I can't remember the title or author LOL!"

It'll come to you later.

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Mar 12, 2010 04:11PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 9730 comments Mod
Good theme. I'll see what I can find.

I did like the Cait Logan story in this book. Outlaw Love - Brenda Joyce Anthology. She was a masked bandit, and the hero was pretending to be nerd to get catch her. He ends up seducing into marriage. My favorite story in this book.
Outlaw Love - Brenda Joyce Anthology by Brenda Joyce

message 7: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Debbie wrote: "I know, but I can't remember the title or author LOL!"

It's not The Bikini Diaries is it?

message 8: by Arch (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Good theme. I'll see what I can find.

I did like the Cait Logan story in this book. Outlaw Love - Brenda Joyce Anthology. She was a masked bandit, and the hero was pretending to..."

The hero pretends to be a nerd? :(

I like when they are truly nerds. :)

message 9: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 272 comments I like it when they are really nerds too.

message 10: by Arch (new)

Debbie wrote: "I like it when they are really nerds too."

Yep, nerds are sexy!

message 11: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 272 comments Yes they are!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 9730 comments Mod
Arch wrote: "Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Good theme. I'll see what I can find.

I did like the Cait Logan story in this book. Outlaw Love - Brenda Joyce Anthology. She was a masked b..."

I prefer real nerds, but it was really cute how he insinuated his way into her life. She wouldn't have let him get anywhere near her if he was himself. But she wasn't intimidated by his nerdy persona.

message 13: by Arch (new)

Well, the hero stole the heroine's heart, right Danielle?

He certainly did. It's a really cute story.

message 15: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 19, 2010 10:56AM) (new)

I just finished After the Kiss, and the hero, Sullivan Waring was a well respected horse trainer AND thief! Burglarized homes at night stealing paintings and by day trained and sold horses to the ton.

message 16: by Arch (last edited Mar 19, 2010 11:35AM) (new)

Heidi wrote: "I just finished After the Kiss, and the hero, Sullivan Waring was a well respected horse trainer AND thief! Burglarized homes at night stealing paintings and by day trained and sold ..."

Wow! The hero was being bad.

message 17: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 54 comments Kathleen Woodiwiss' A Rose in Winter. Hero juggled three identities in this book.

message 18: by Arch (new)

Yz the Whyz wrote: "Kathleen Woodiwiss' A Rose in Winter. Hero juggled three identities in this book."

Wow, the hero had his job cut out for himself.

Definitely!

message 20: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 411 comments There's a book by Kat Martin where a detective/inspector masquarades as a groom to the h (the title is something like Playing with Fire or Fanning the Flame?), or The Pretender by Celeste Bradley, where the H pretends to be a chimneysweep to investigate (he's a spy) the h's brother. The Impostor, also by Bradley is also a question of secret identities (both the H and the h)..

It's a pretty recurrent theme though! I expect so that when the h (or, rarely, the H) finds out, it's a big blow-out/obstacle to the HEA :-) I do enjoy the theme though! lol

message 21: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1706 comments Mod
I recently read Dangerous Lies by Anna Louise Lucia and the hero in a courier of some sort pretending to be a businessman. The heroine is kidnapped because of him and when she finally learns the truth... Well, it's not pretty :)

Hey, Pamela. I bought that book. Is it good?

message 23: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1706 comments Mod
Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Hey, Pamela. I bought that book. Is it good?"

I liked it a lot. Do u have Run Among Thorns also? It takes place before Dangerous Lies and is about the sister. The stories are not connected though. Just characters.

Thankfully I bought both. Thanks for the info. Hugs!