Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived/Extinct Discussions > Why Is The Hero Being (Sweetly Mean) To The Heroine?

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 4132 comments Mod
We all know that the bad boy can be sweetly mean towards the heroine. Why do you think he's being mean to her?

I've said sweetly mean, because although he's getting in her face, talking trash, etc., he's checking her out and falling in love with her at the same time.

message 2: by A.M. (new)

A.M. | 51 comments Arch, I think you just answered your own question. He's mean to her because for one thing yes he is attracted to her and two he's determine to is fright it. He thinks if he is mean to her that will turn her off, but usually it only served to make her that more determined to crack his hard shell.

message 3: by Arch (new)

Brenda aka A.M. Wells wrote: "Arch, I think you just answered your own question. He's mean to her because for one thing yes he is attracted to her and two he's determine to is fright it. He thinks if he is mean to her that wil..."

I think the heroine is turn on by the hero being mean to her. I mean, she checks him out too and falls in love with him as well.

Those bad heroes!

message 4: by A.M. (new)

A.M. | 51 comments LOL, Arch, Of course she is, if he where just an average nice guy she wouldn't give him first much less second glance, where's the intrigue in that.

message 5: by Arch (last edited Mar 11, 2010 09:14AM) (new)

Brenda aka A.M. Wells wrote: "LOL, Arch, Of course she is, if he where just an average nice guy she wouldn't give him first much less second glance, where's the intrigue in that."

So that's why Alyssa was checking out her nemesis - Sam Starrett and of course, he was checking her out too.

message 6: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 272 comments This is what I love about Diana Palmer's books. The heroes are jerks ( and not always sweetly) toward the heroines because they really do love these women but just can't deal with that for this idiot reason or that idiot reason, so they lash out in defense, I guess, hoping that she will interest,,,,,which would make them both still miserable LOL.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I am currently readingAfter the Kiss and Sullivan takes Lady Isabels virginity and as he does so and she cries out in pain, he says, " You'll have to fake that part with your husband."....My initial thought was ~HOW MEAN~, but he knows in he back of his mind he will be her husband!

message 8: by Arch (new)

Heidi wrote: "I am currently readingAfter the Kiss and Sullivan takes Lady Isabels virginity and as he does so and she cries out in pain, he says, " You'll have to fake that part with your husband..."

Wow! The hero said that? That was mean, but he'll be her husband.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 9731 comments Mod
Debbie wrote: "This is what I love about Diana Palmer's books. The heroes are jerks ( and not always sweetly) toward the heroines because they really do love these women but just can't deal with that for this idi..."

Debbie, so well said. DP heroes are so afraid of being in love. I feel sorry for them sometimes. But sometimes they make me want to get out a shovel.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 9731 comments Mod
Heidi wrote: "I am currently readingAfter the Kiss and Sullivan takes Lady Isabels virginity and as he does so and she cries out in pain, he says, " You'll have to fake that part with your husband..."

That's cold!

message 11: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 272 comments I haven't read this book, but, I don't think what he said was mean. He was just giving a piece of advice.

message 12: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 272 comments I've heard that rolling pins and cast iron skillets are pretty effective LOL.

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Debbie wrote: "This is what I love about Diana Palmer's books. The heroes are jerks ( and not always sweetly) toward the heroines because they really do love these women but just can't deal with th..."

message 13: by Arch (new)

Don't forget hot grits Debbie.

message 14: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 381 comments Or rolling them up in the bedspread after sex when they fall asleep. Its much easier to use the skillet on them when their arms and legs can't move . . . . *evil grin*

Debbie wrote: "I've heard that rolling pins and cast iron skillets are pretty effective LOL.

I'll keep that in mind. :)

Good point, Cindi.

Hot grits..ouch!

message 17: by Arch (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Good point, Cindi.

Hot grits..ouch!"

lol, I would record him screaming. I'll probably put it up on Youtube.

Arch, you have an evil side. :)

message 19: by Arch (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Arch, you have an evil side. :)"

Who me? :)

message 20: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (frazerc) | 13 comments Heidi wrote: "I am currently readingAfter the Kiss and Sullivan takes Lady Isabels virginity and as he does so and she cries out in pain, he says, " You'll have to fake that part with your husband..."

And this would make it better? Not! It would require very, very serious groveling on the part of the hero to even get the time of day...

message 21: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 381 comments I am such a doormat; when I read books w/ the mean guy, I find myself trying to make the girl feel better: "no, hon, he didn't mean it that way!". Then I start trying to fix the guy: "Can you hear yourself? Did you REALLY want to make her feel bad? Well, that's what you did, as*hat!". So those kinds of bad-boy-books are too much work to read . . .

That's really cute, Cindi.
It makes me upset when I read a book and the H/h say mean things to each other.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Sullivan was so sweet and still is to Isabel...just that one part has me baffled! I gotta continue reading but haven't had the chance.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.

Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

After the Kiss (other topics)