Terminalcoffee discussion

Sharing Time: > spring bloom update

Comments Showing 1-50 of 59 (59 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Ok, what's blooming by you? Pictures?

There are rumors of daffodil blooms near the library, but I don't believe them.

message 2: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I saw daffys in bloom in Portland/Eugene my last trip there. Nothing dares to poke its head out in Omaha yet.

message 3: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Yeah, I saw some pictures from Olympia not long ago and that place was green. I was crazy jealous.

The way Larry describes Omaha sometimes reminds me of Milwaukee without water. Or maybe Omaha has a river or something. I'm not sure.

message 4: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) We have the mighty Missouri, which I can see as I look out the window right now. Lewis & Clark paddled right by here, and perhaps even camped close to where my building stands, on their way to explore the territories.

Of course, it's no Lake Michigan.

message 5: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Damn. I should have known about the Missouri River. Now I want to see.

image searches

message 6: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Forms the border with Iowa.

message 7: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments How long until people start picking on Barbara about being Canadian? Sorry, Barbara. We may not be able to help ourselves.

:)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

RandomAnthony wrote: "How long until people start picking on Barbara about being Canadian? Sorry, Barbara. We may not be able to help ourselves.

:)"

Actually I wouldn't mind living in Canada. Probably not Sudbury though.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Nothing really, I lived in the middle of nowhere Wisconsin growing up, I've grown accustomed to having a larger city close by. It doesn't appear that there are any larger cities all that close to Sudbury.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I like them for their variety of events to attend, and food places. The rest I could live without too.

message 11: by Rannie (last edited Mar 11, 2010 04:27PM) (new)

Rannie Everything's late here. Crocuses and Lenten Roses in full bloom, daffodils just starting to open. The deer came through when we had snow and ate everything green, so my camellias, rhododendrons and even some of the azaleas are chewed back to the branches. The only thing they left alone was the rosemary. Can you build a landscape out of rosemary?

message 12: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I love the smell of rosemary. The plant, I mean.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Everything's blooming here, the rhododendrons, the cherry and plum trees, the daffodils, the crocus, and now the dogwood.
There's rumors that it's the dogwood giving some of the staff here horrible allergies, but I think it could be anything.
But today, it's pouring, so there isn't any pollen in the air at the moment.

message 14: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I miss the dogwood more than anything.

message 15: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7085 comments The snow just melted enough this week for me to see the snowdrops blooming in my garden! I usually spot those poking through the snow in February.

message 16: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Nothing but crocus blooming here yet. My daffodils are coming uo, though. Won't be long now.

message 17: by Cambridge (new)

Cambridge (hsquare) | 509 comments Nothing blooming but time to put up the maple buckets.... sap is running!

message 18: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Cold nights warm days make for sap to flow!

message 19: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17322 comments Mod
Things are totally poking their little green heads up in my flower bed. I've been out there cleaning up all the dead derbis that's been buried under piles of snow since November and cutting back old chrysanthemums and such. It'll be gorgeous in another three or four weeks.

message 20: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) There's nothing quite so life-affirming and reinforcing as spring blooms,new leaves,and new plant growth. Except maybe new babies.

I drink it in.

message 21: by Sally, la reina (new)

There is a lot of life-affirming going on on our street this month, then.

message 22: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Well ... good.

message 23: by Sally, la reina (new)

spaces! you need spaces between your dots! blasphemy!

message 24: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Dots just ridiculous.

message 25: by Sally, la reina (new)

I have a crocus to report. Two little purple heads have emerged this morning.

message 26: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I love all of those cycles, Bun.

*puts a checkmark next the crocus in Colorado*

message 27: by Cambridge (new)

Cambridge (hsquare) | 509 comments Still just sap here in New England :)

message 28: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Oh sappy days.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

The Rhubarb is poking its way out here.

message 30: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Rhubarb. Check.

message 31: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Puddles, here. Biiiiiiig puddles.

message 32: by Lori (new)

Lori Tis very strange here in the PNW, everything is blooming and budding, it's VERY early. The cherry trees have been in full show for over a month now, and already starting to drop! It's very disturbing, but also very beautiful.

message 33: by Mary (new)

Mary (madamefifi) We've got daffodils! Yay! I luuuurrrvvve spring.

message 34: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Puddles, check.
Daffodils, check.

message 35: by Sally, la reina (new)

They're a bit more exciting in real life, but:
Photobucket

Plus, in the 18 hours since I took this picture about 12 more crocuses (croci) have popped up. But I'm too lazy to go through the process again.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Yay, crocuses at Sally's place!
I'm in Lori's part of the country, with the blooming plum and cherry trees in full riot right now. They smell wonderful.

I love when they start losing their petals, and it looks like pink snow on the streets. I like to bike under this one row of them and pretend I'm in one of those gorgeous Chinese movies with fantastic cinematography.

message 37: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments so far i have only seen snowdrops, they're always the first to pop up here.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

We have hyacinth, crocus, and the tulips are just starting to pop out of the ground.

message 39: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Wow Jim you're further north that me, too.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

It has been warm here for quite awhile Larry. and we are supposed to be between 55 - 60 through Thursday.

message 41: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Weird.

message 42: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I just posted today on FB that I'm super excited that the daffodils have bloomed here... and the Bradford pear trees... and the Japanese magnolia trees. Those are my favorites, along with the dogwood trees. There's a huge one on my drive home. One of these days I might stop just to get a picture of it. It's GORGEOUS!!! :)

message 43: by Lori (new)

Lori Here come the tulips!

message 44: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Where?

message 45: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11627 comments My almond trees are looking mighty flowery now, and the flowering plum is putting on its spring finery. We have an upper desert climate here but it has been unusually cold and wet this year -- things are a bit behind schedule for blossoming.

message 46: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments description

message 47: by janine (last edited Mar 26, 2010 07:45AM) (new)

janine | 7715 comments

message 48: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Oh Janine! Lovely!!

message 49: by Cambridge (new)

Cambridge (hsquare) | 509 comments Wow! Great pictures! I am so jealous! We are going to get temps in the high 40's later next week :) (with sleet/rain) yaaa whoo, here comes mud season!

message 50: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments We've got forsythia bushes busting out in blinding yellow blooms, tulips starting, and cherry blossoms! The peak for 2010 is predicted to be April 1st and 2nd http://www.nationalcherryblossomfesti.... I don't see any big storms in the forecast for next week so it should be spectacular. (not that I'm going into the city to fight all those crowds.)

« previous 1