The Sword and Laser discussion

Do we need to have a "What are you reading" thread?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 2898 comments So, I really liked learning what everyone else was reading on our other site. Should we recreate it, or encourage the mutual adding of group members as friends? I actually like how the friends updates in GoodReads works, and add a bunch of recommendations based on what other people are reading or have marked as to-read.

We could have a discussion but we'd need to remember to post there. I guess my preference would be - add me as your "friend"!

message 2: by Vance (new)

Vance | 362 comments Done, Jenny, and I am also open to any friend requests from S&L members, since I know we start off with at least one common interest! :0)

message 3: by terpkristin (new)

terpkristin | 4186 comments I don't mind adding everybody as friends but I'd kind of like a dedicated "thread" too. Makes it easier to watch things from this group specifically, as opposed to my friends which includes people not here...

message 4: by Rick (new)

Rick Pasley (hikr3) | 71 comments I liked the dedicated thread, it spurred many small side conversations about books not being read by the whole group. I am open to adding anyone as a friend, but would like to see the dedicated thread continue as well.