Terminalcoffee discussion

Rants / Debates (Serious) > Should you be able to flip off the cops?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I was listening to NPR's "On the Media" today and they had this story about a guy in Oregon suing because he got in trouble for flipping off the police:

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/tag/...

By the way, "Flipping off cops is legal, not advised" is my favorite headline of the day.

I say, yes, it should be legal, and second, any cop who freaks out because someone flips him/her off is probably not in control of her/his temper enough to do the gig. But...like the headline said...not advised:)

message 2: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments i am able to flip off cops, i just never do it. i think it's not respectful to do that to a person just doing his/her job.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Why would you want to do that? Unless you really want that speeding ticket?

message 4: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) It's self-destructive behavior, I think.

message 5: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Maybe Jackie shouldn't abuse those library vans, and then she'd be ok.

message 6: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments You always have to keep an eye on the quiet preacher's daughter types. They're demons behind the wheel.

message 7: by Lori (new)

Lori My oh my, I have changed. In the 60s and 70s I'd think nothing of flipping off a "pig" cause they were all assholes, right?

Now I kind of like them!

But you know, I'm white, I'm sure blacks many times have good cause to flip them off.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I was very polite to the patrolman who pulled me over, but it didn't do me any good. Not at the speed I'd been going.
Maybe I should have tried crying...

message 9: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I have received three warnings in the last six months but no tickets. I think I said that here already. I know I did on facebook.

(No, I didn't cry.)

message 10: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17335 comments Mod
You're definitely doing something to get off so easy. I think that cop might have a crush on you.

message 11: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Three different cops stopped me. And I'm not that pretty. I think they went through a stretch when they gave everybody warnings.

message 12: by Sally, la reina (new)

mmmmmmmmhmmmmmmm.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I'm waaaaay prettier than RA, and I got a ticket, so that's not it.

message 14: by Sally, la reina (new)

I might go ahead and assume RA is making this story up. I get a ticket every time I'm pulled over.

message 15: by Cambridge (new)

Cambridge (hsquare) | 509 comments I love Larry...... "self destructive behavior" hehehe.....

message 16: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i totally think you should be able to. many cops think they are god-like and we all should just cower down to them. why shouldn't you be able to flip them off. so you make up a new "flip-off" sign and do that. same thing except they don't know. with a cop i am usually like "arrest me or leave me alone".

message 17: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I am so not making this up! I was as shocked as you are. I wouldn't make up such an outlandish story. It's unbelievable, so it must be true:)

message 18: by RandomAnthony (last edited Mar 09, 2010 04:57PM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments And is Sally talking like the Office Space boss on purpose?

message 19: by Sally, la reina (new)

Because if we don't respect authority our society will degenerate?

just kidding, I don't really believe that.

message 20: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments you got me there sals til i scrolled down

message 21: by Sally, la reina (new)

It would have been funnier if RA hadn't have butted in there. *pffft*