10,000 Pages in 2010 discussion

Colleen's 10,000 Pages in 2010!

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) Since the beginning of the year I have read the following:
Her Fearful Symmetry - Audrey Niffenegger
The Six Wives of Henry VIII - Alison Weir
Dear John - Nicholas Sparks
Shutter Island - Dennis Lehane
The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
Alice I Have Been - Melanie Benjamin
A Change in Altitude - Anita Shreve

Total pages read so far: 2,668 (much more than I thought it would be!)

Thanks for starting this group, it is fun to try to keep track of the pages read!

message 2: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) Just finished The Wives of Henry Oades by Johanna Moran - 353 pages. That brings the total to $3,021!

message 3: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) I finished "Chef: A Novel" by Jaspreet Singh today - total pages 246. Grand total: 3,267. Just realized my last post has my page numbers in dollar amount...I wish! I seem to always make those sorts of mistakes :)

message 4: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) Finished "The Opposite Of Me: A Novel" by Sarah Pekkanen: 373 pages. Total pages read: 3,640. Reading "The Historian" by Elizabeth Kostova so that should definitely help my numbers!

message 5: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) Just finished the Historian by ELizabeth Kostova...642 pages! That gives us a grand total of 4,282 pages! Boo yah!!!!

message 6: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) Finished Broken by Karin Slaughter...396 pages. Total read to date: 4,678.

message 7: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) Jodi Picoult's House Rules finished: my edition has 500 pages. Total pages read in 2010: 5,178.

message 8: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) Another one down! Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James, 256 pages. Total: 5,434.

message 9: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) Totally forgot to add the Diviner's Tale by Bradford Morrow (glad I am keeping a log of what I've read!). Read that right before Beautiful Malice. The Diviner's Tale was 304 I believe. So new total: 5,738!

message 10: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) Finished Between Friends by Kristy Kiernan..highly recommend! Now on to my goodreads advanced copy of Ann Brashares's My Name is Memory. Between Friends was 322 pages..total to date is 6,060.

message 11: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) I finished reading my advance read copy of My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares...loved it! That was 326 pages so I am now up to 6,386!

message 12: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) Just finished The Language of Secrets by Dianne Dixon. Loved it so much I couldn't put it down! It was 258 pages so my total this year is up to 6,644.

message 13: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) Muffins and Mayhem done. It was 227 pages so the total is now at 6,871.

message 14: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) Just finished The Postmistress by Sarah Blake. Good writing but very depressing to me! It was 326 pages so I am now at 7,197. Almost made it!

message 15: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) Already finished The Auschwitz Violin...very short! With it being 109 pages I am now up to 7,306.

message 16: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) Every Last One by Anna Quindlen done...so good! It was 299 pages, so I am at 7,605.

message 17: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) Finished The Cradle by Patrick Somerville (200 pages). Total: 7,805.

message 18: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) Finished Nancy's Theory of Style...loved it! It is 362 pages so I am now at 8,167. Almost at the goal!

message 19: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) Two more down! Stash by David Klein was 365 pages and Husband and Wife was 344 pages. Grand total: 8,876!

message 20: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) I finished the Carrie Diaries, which was 389 pages. Total to date: 9,265. I cannot believe I have read that much and am almost to the 10,000 page goal! Next up...the one that i want by Allison Winn Scotch!

message 21: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) Done with the one that i want by Allison Winn Scotch(loved it!) which was 270 pages. I am now up to 9,535....I cannot believe I have read this many pages already this year! Next up....The Hand That First Held Mine by Maggie O'Farrell!

message 22: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) Another brilliant book by Maggie O'Farrell done...The Hand That First Held Mine. It was 341 pages. So I am up to 9,876. After I finish the next book, The Truth About Delilah Blue, I will be over the 10,000 goal!!!!

message 23: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) Little behind on posting but this has been a busy week :(. Okay, finished one book and forgot to post another book I read (not a surprise). Finished The Truth About Delilah Blue, which was 409. Also read Life After Yes, which was 340 pages. So, adding these two books to my previous total of 9,876 brings me too.....(drum roll please)...10,625. I made it to the goal!!!! I really am so excited! I am going to shoot for 15,000 for the year now!!!!

message 24: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) Seemed like it took forever (because it was a busy month not because the book wasn't good....the book was awesome!)but I finally finished Cathy Holton's Beach Trip. If you want a great beach read to finish your summer, pick it up! The book was 406 pages so my total is up to 11,031. Next up...the Life You've Imagined by Kristina Riggle!

message 25: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) Finished the life you've imagined...great read! At 334 pages this brings my total to 11,364.

message 26: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) Done with The Castaways. It was 359 so the total is now to 11,723. Next up...Fly Away Home by Jennifer Weiner.

message 27: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) Done with Fly Away Home. If you love a good chic lit read pick it up! That book was 401, so I am now at 12,124!

message 28: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) I love Jennifer Weiner! How did you like it?

message 29: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) I LOVED it! I actually laughed outloud at work and one of my coworkers thought I was crazy. Also teared up a little bit. You will love it if you have loved her other books!

message 30: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) I just read Best Friends Forever this summer and loved it. My sister just let me borrow Goodnight Nobody. So looking forward to her other reads. :)

message 31: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) My all time favorite is Little Earthquakes, then Good in Bed but they are all awesome! You won't be disapointed with her books, she is just so witty!

message 32: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) I done with After You by Julie Buxbaum, although I wish it wasn't over. LOVED IT! It was 336 pages, so I am up to 12,460.

message 33: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) Finished Lady in Waiting by Susan Meissner. Another good one! It is 332 pages, so I am up to 12,792.

message 34: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) It's been a while coming, but I just finished The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. One of the best books I read this year! It is 549 pages, so I am now up to 13,341 pages. Next up...The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory!

message 35: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) I am so slow lately! I just finished The Red Queen at 377 pages. This brings the current total to 13,718 pages! I am still hopeful to reach my new goal of 15,000 pages by the end of the year but I don't think I will make it to my private goal of 50 books (I got a little behind over the last month or so). We will see!

message 36: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) Finished George Eliot in Love....really good! It was 224 so my total is now 13,942!

message 37: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) Done with The Queen's Governess by Karen Harper...loved it! If you haven't read anything by this author and like historical fiction based on the Tudors you must read this! It was 359 pages so my total is now up to 14,301. So close to 15,000!

message 38: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Turner (candc320) Just finished The Princess of Nowhere...a novel about Napolean's sister, Pauline Borghese. Very good! It was 308 pages. My yearly total of finished novels comes to 14,609 pages. Not quite 15,000 (and I have read some of another novel I haven't quite finished yet, but I don't want to count that) but I am still happy with the total! Can't wait until next year's challenge!