Tamora Lovers discussion

Chapter Two

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph (new)

Steph (kitsune_chan) | 90 comments Mod
Chapter two, anyone? (I must admit, as I write this, I'm very behind because I'm only a few pages into the first chapter. So forgive me please!)

message 2: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) I think it was a good thing that they made her almost quit. It made her a more believable, not perfect, and you got to see what kind of person she was. And it introduces everything very well, and sets up Ralon.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree. Her desire to quit is very realistic, , and I think Coram handled her very wisely. Gary puts it well: “Sometimes I wonder if that isn’t what they’re really trying to teach us – to take plenty and keep our mouths shut.” I’m so glad we don’t have that sort of schedule and unrealistic expectations today. You’d think the trainees’ instructors would consider 8 hours of sleep important! Crazy, if you ask me... and I am surprised they don’t have more vacations to visit family! Or maybe, the others got them, but Alanna chose not to go home...

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Myles is one of my favorite characters, but I SO want to know George’s backstory! Curious, how in the first and second chapters Alanna takes to George so quickly. Is her trust a part of her naive youth, or something else? Gary is more suspicious, but then, he’s older and a native of the city.
A side note: You know the actor in Kingdom of Heaven, who played Tiberius? Does anyone else think he would make a great Duke Garth, if ever this were made into a movie?

Another side note: They don’t really mention Alanna’s lap-harp studies much. Who teaches her? How good does she get? I assume she never plays after she becomes a knight, since there’s no mention of it...

message 5: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) I don't think they mention it because
a) it's not all that important to the story- they may have cut it out
b) Alanna is not a harp-playing kind of girl

I LOVE Myles, and Raoul

message 6: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) i love ALL the characters, even the evil ones... im SO bad!

message 7: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) The only one i don't like is Duke Roger. *shudder*

message 8: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) nah, Duke Roger's cool too, just completely evil!

message 9: by Steph (new)

Steph (kitsune_chan) | 90 comments Mod
I don't know about anyone else, but I don't like the way Jon abuses his power. I don't think he's real evil with it, but the way you can tell he's in command, for instance when he tells Ralon of Malven that he'll talk to him later.

Sidenote: I love Raoul and Gary and Myles.

message 10: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) Raoul is just awesome.

message 11: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) i luv all the characters, but allana, myles, and gary are my favs... has george been introduced yet? i luv him too!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Jon... well, part of it's that he was just raised that way, with authority being taken for granted, but yeah, I have a beef with that, too, esp in the later books... but let's leave it at that for now. His education later in chapter 6 is probably good for him for that reason.