The Sword and Laser discussion

Is the discussion here going to be for the current book only or books in general?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vance (new)

Vance | 362 comments I know on the old forums discussions ranged far and wide. Tom or Veronica, are we going to keep this forum for the current book only, or open it up to general discussion? If so, should we designate a single TWG thread for the current book?

message 2: by Jlawrence, S&L Moderator (new)

Jlawrence | 960 comments Mod
Well, a single thread might be rough as there's a need for separate spoiler-y and non-spoiler-y discussions of a book at the very least. If goodreads allows the creation of sub-groups, maybe a sub-group could be 'general sci-fi/fantasy' discussion? That way the current book is the immediate focus of discussion when you come to the S&L page, but there's a place (or places if there's multiple sub-groups) for general discussion. I think Ning was a little hampered by the current book being kind of 'tucked-away' in its own sub-group instead of always front-and-center.

message 3: by Vance (new)

Vance | 362 comments Right, I think it should be front and center as well. I think that is a good idea to have a subgroup for all other discussions, or is there a "sticky" function to make all the current book discussions always on the top?

message 4: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new)

Veronica Belmont (veronicabelmont) | 1680 comments Mod
There are folders, so I'm able to make sections for specific discussions, I believe. I'll try that out.

message 5: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new)

Vance wrote: "Right, I think it should be front and center as well. I think that is a good idea to have a subgroup for all other discussions, or is there a "sticky" function to make all the current book discuss..."

Doesn't appear so. The newest discussions sit at the top. The are folders for organization, but I can't move already created discussions into them.

message 6: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new)

I figured it out! You can assign a conversation to be "important" and sit at the top, and I CAN move current discussions. Off to go make folders now! :P

message 7: by Vance (new)

Vance | 362 comments Wow, that was fast. Three minutes and up and running! :0)

message 8: by Jlawrence, S&L Moderator (new)

Jlawrence | 960 comments Mod
Great! :D

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 2859 comments I'm loving the folders, thanks Veronica.

message 10: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (last edited Mar 10, 2010 03:25PM) (new)

Jenny wrote: "I'm loving the folders, thanks Veronica."

No problem! Any ideas how I should differentiate "general" from "off topic?" I can't delete the general folder, since it's the default.

message 11: by Michael (new)

Michael Minutillo (wolfbyte) Veronica wrote: "Jenny wrote: "I'm loving the folders, thanks Veronica."

No problem! Any ideas how I should differentiate "general" from "off topic?" I can't delete the general folder, since it's the default."

What about renaming off-topic to be "Even more general than that"