Terminalcoffee discussion

Random Queries > In Which of the Multiple Intelligences are you the Strongest/Weakest?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (last edited Mar 08, 2010 05:29AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_o...

Which are the strongest for you? Which would you like to develop? Remember, the list isn't supposed to be reductive, e.g. "I'm just a visual-spatial person" or "I'll never be good interpersonally". The categories are loose and inclusive. Soem categories appear to be missing on the wikipedia link, too, so here's another list:

http://www.newhorizons.org/strategies...

What do you think? There are some online tests to work out your intelligences but I'm too lazy to look them up now.

message 2: by Ben (last edited Mar 08, 2010 05:51AM) (new)

Ben This looks super interesting, RA. Can't wait to go through it when I have some time. I'm looking forward to hearing what others have to say about their results, too. Thanks.

message 3: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6027 comments Verbal/linguistic, bodily/kinesthetic, and intrapersonal intelligence - all good.

Logical/mathematical - piss poor.

message 4: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17333 comments Mod
Multiple Intelligences talk makes me twitch.

message 5: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments verbal-linguistic is probably my strongest. my logical-mathemetical and intrapersonal are also well-developed i think. interpersonal is probably my weakest.

message 6: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Sally wrote: "Multiple Intelligences talk makes me twitch."

Hee. Feel like you're in class, Sallers?

message 7: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17333 comments Mod
RandomAnthony wrote: "Hee. Feel like you're in class, Sallers?"

Yes. I talk plenty about this, and think about how to teach using this, yadda, yadda. There isn't even a beer in the horizon to to make it fun to talk about.

message 8: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments o, i skipped the second list. my visual/spatial is good. bodily/kinesthetic pooooor.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Verbal/linguistic, definitely. And I seem to do very well with the interpersonal and intrapersonal intelligence. I get along with most people, even hard to get along with ones.

I like puzzles, but word ones, so I don't know about the Logical/Mathematical category. I think I'm less skilled there.
I'd like to be better at visual/spacial stuff.

message 10: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24255 comments Mod
Good: spatial, linguistic, musical, intrapersonal

Poor: bodily/kinesthetic

In between: interpersonal, logical-mathematical (what if I was really good at some sciences and bad at others?)

Although - bodily/kinesthetic involves muscle memory and musicians often use muscle memory. Your brain will memorize a piece of music, but your fingers will too. Where I'm poor in the kinesthetic area is at things like sports, and running across streams on narrow logs.

Interpersonal is very tricky, because although I'm very good at reading other people's signals, and I am good at communicating and empathizing, I sometimes like cooperating with a group and sometimes hate it. Some people love me, others hate me. Some people start out hating and grow to love me, others vice versa.