Literary Love Triangles discussion

General > BDB Xhex & John Matthew

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ (godschild4677) Okay, this is no secret here for those who know me, but for those of you who don't know, I can't stand that these two are together. I like Xhex because her character has alot of layers that I feel we've only just begun to peel away, But Her and John Matthew together, it just does not go well @ all. I didn't like that he liked her, then once I read Lover Avenged, I saw why, their chemistry so far as emotionally & physically just does not work.

I'd like to know Ur opinions of why you like or dislike them being together as a couple. And what was the deciding factor for you? Or the Deal Breaker.

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I haven't liked Xhex since she treated JM the way she did. She totally destroyed him! I'm still eager for the book, though.

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ at first, i did not like Xhex....but she grew on me...esp when u saw those vunerabilities she had with JM. Im hoping with LM we will find out more stuff about her and she will redeem herself like Rev did in LA. Also, I think because of her, JM has become more of a fighter. I cant wait for him to get to Lash!!

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ (godschild4677) Yeah I can't wait for LM either I'm going through BDB withdrawl!!!

message 5: by Rebecca (last edited Mar 12, 2010 05:25AM) (new)

Rebecca (myasmom) I think Xhex did what she did to JM because she thought it was best for him and she has some serious issues from her past relationship. I hated it when it happened but I am sure the will be an HEA at least there better be.

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ (godschild4677) Yeah I hated what she did too, just as equally I hated what he did.. My review on Lover Avenged says it all! LOL

message 7: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) Ebone **Princess Nhya** wrote: "Okay, this is no secret here for those who know me, but for those of you who don't know, I can't stand that these two are together. I like Xhex because her character has alot of layers that I feel ..."

Girl, you know one of the main reasons you don't like JM and Xhex being together is because he's your man and you can't stand the idea of him being with anyone else! LOL

message 8: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) Like you all said, I hated the consequences of them having sex in her apartment. I hated that it stole his innocence and made him into this lothario that goes around having meaningless sex and threesomes with Qhuinn. Likewise, I hated what JM did to Xhex, though, the night before they all went after Rehv. It broke my heart because I actually do like JM and Xhex together and can't wait for Lover Mine.

message 9: by Susan (Suz) (new)

Susan (Suz) (sharney) I've never been a fax of Xhex in general, I don't know what it is but she has always bugged me.... I definitely do not care for them together and I think what they did to each other was just stupid... You know if they end up together fine, but I'm kind of hoping they don't.... but that's just me.... ;)

message 10: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) Susan (Suz) wrote: "I've never been a fax of Xhex in general, I don't know what it is but she has always bugged me.... I definitely do not care for them together and I think what they did to each other was just stupi..."

I didn't like Xhex in the beginning, especially after she had sex with Butch. But, she's grown on me. I looooove Rehv and so I love how she'd do anything for him.

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ (godschild4677) Ur sooo right Leah, JM is my man! LOL but I can't see him with Xhex. I just can't. it's a BAD HOOK UP!!! Like all the other Brothers that I LOOOOOVE, I love their shellans I can actually see them together. See why they would choose each other. Well maybe not Jane and V, but whatever, I mean they work ya know? But Xhex and JM I'm sorry. They just don't...

message 12: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) Hahahah. I hear ya. And I can see why Jane and V chose each other though. They're perfect for each other. I'm not gonna touch JM and Xhex, though, because I know how fired up you get about them. LOL

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ (godschild4677) Leah *~*Pherocious*~* wrote: "Hahahah. I hear ya. And I can see why Jane and V chose each other though. They're perfect for each other. I'm not gonna touch JM and Xhex, though, because I know how fired up you get about them. LOL"

Ur right I'm just way too passionate about them LOL..

message 14: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) Ebone, how do you feel about Xhex now that you've read LM?

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I wasn't a big Xhex lover, but I knew the WARDen would pull it off in Lover Mine. And she did... well, in my opinion anyway.

I think she and JM are perfect together because he can't express his emotions with words, and with Xhex, he doesn't have to.

message 16: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) Now that you mention it: I had expected Xhex's sympath nature to be more on the forefront in LM. I thought Xhex would use it to communicate with JM. But now that I think about it: I don't think she really did. She felt his emotions but same goes for the vampires who can tell what someone is feeling.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish No, I remember her using her ability on him. That's how she found out what happened to him, remember? I think she's trying to respect his space by not intruding into his emotions the way they can do, but I still like that she can if it needs to be.

message 18: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) True! She did use it for that (and like you said: in a respectful manner) but I thought she would use it in their every day communication.
But then again: I liked how she wanted to learn ASL. And I loved how she felt that usually she was always the quiet one and now with JM the roles were obviously reserved and she opened up more. And that he didn't need to use words to communicate with her fully.
Oh.... *sigh* how I loved that book.

Btw: I read the LUnl excerpt!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Yes, Mel. That's one of the things I love most about their relationship and makes me KNOW they are meant to be together.

Ooohhhh, how was the LoverUnl excerpt???????

message 20: by Mel (last edited Sep 27, 2010 10:23AM) (new)

Mel (mel_b) Well... It was nothing compared to the LM excerpt in Covet. It was because we were waiting for a JM/Xhex confirmation of love scene (and a Qhuay scene) for ages and that scene at the tattoo shop was just perfect for it.

Now we saw Manny's first meet with Payne ("mine moment"!). It was okay. But Manny sure didn't talk like a 38 year old doctor. I believe he used more popular speech than the boys put together...

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Wow! Thanks for that, Mel. It'll be what I read first when I get my copy of Crave. I hope he's a hero we can believe in. Any insight into V's thoughts on it all? LOL

message 22: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) LOL, very little. He was growling all the time. Although: that says pretty much, doesn't it?

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Indeed, it does! LOL