Challenge: 50 Books discussion

2010 > Leigha's 50 books in a year list

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Leigha (last edited Mar 08, 2010 08:21PM) (new)

Leigha (leighas_life) | 723 comments I found out about this late in the game, but not too late! I'd already been thinking about this. Now let's see if I can remember what I have read so far.

Sadly in the last 2 months I only finished one book. I'm hoping to read more often. That is why I joined this and other reading clubs.

March:

1. The Hobbit: Or There and Back Again

The Hobbit Or There and Back Again by J.R.R. Tolkien

message 2: by Leigha (last edited Mar 08, 2010 08:23PM) (new)

message 3: by Leigha (new)

message 9: by Carol (new)

Carol Neman | 469 comments Did you see the movie? (Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants) I haven't read the book and I'm wondering if it was changed much for the movie.

message 10: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (sherrij2003) **Regarding the movie...they changed a lot of stuff. The books are much better. The second movie tried to cram in pieces of the last 3 books and didn't do the books justice. But as a stand alone the books and the movies were great, if you don't compare them.

message 11: by Leigha (new)

Leigha (leighas_life) | 723 comments I have not seen the movies. I might seen them after finishing the series.

9. Marie, Dancing

Marie, Dancing by Carolyn Meyer

message 13: by Leigha (last edited Apr 18, 2010 06:39PM) (new)

message 17: by Leigha (new)

message 24: by Leigha (new)

message 26: by Leigha (new)

message 27: by Leigha (last edited May 08, 2010 04:23PM) (new)

message 30: by Rita (new)

Rita Leigha wrote: "16. Nineteen Minutes

Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult"

I really liked this book even though I was quite disturbed by it since I am the mom of teenagers.

message 31: by Leigha (new)

message 32: by Rita (new)

Rita Rita wrote: "Leigha wrote: "16. Nineteen Minutes

Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult"

I really liked this book even though I was quite disturbed by it since I am the mom of teenagers."

That''s how I felt too. It was a good book, but as the mom of a quiet teeneager it was very disturbing to think that this type of thing has happened.

message 33: by Leigha (new)

message 38: by Angelique (new)

Angelique Hey, I just joined this group and will start my challenge on July 1.
What I wanted to say: You have done pretty good with your reading list so far! CONGRATULATIONS :) At the beginning you wrote that you only read one book till the beginning of March and look how everything worked out.
I hope I will do as good as you and most people here. Have a nice reading summer!

message 39: by Leigha (new)

message 44: by Leigha (new)

message 46: by Leigha (new)

message 50: by Leigha (new)

Leigha (leighas_life) | 723 comments I'm rereading the Deltora's Quest books for various reasons.

45. The Forests Of Silence
The Forests Of Silence (Deltora Quest #1) by Emily Rodda

« previous 1