Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > Book Help

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (thehopelessbibliophile) | 41 comments Hello everyone! I am writing a paper on contemporary and futuristic iterations of the Arthurian legend and would very much appreciate any help in finding books beyond those listed below. King Arthur's Court doesn't have to be the main theme of the book. Thanks!

Wicked quintet by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguié
The Pendragon Chronicles by Susan Kearney
Avalon High by Meg Cabot

message 2: by Bethany (new)

Bethany There's Sherrilyn Kenyon's Lords of Avalon series; the first two are Sword of Darkness and Knight of Darkness. The third one hasn't been released yet.

-x-

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (thehopelessbibliophile) | 41 comments Thank you for the suggestion! I love those books (and anything by Sherrilyn Kenyon). Unfortunately, I'm really trying to stay away from historicals.

message 4: by Diane ~Firefly~ (last edited Mar 05, 2010 07:14AM) (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 97 comments I don't know if they are still in print, but Simon Hawke had a series set in present day in which Modred, Merlin and Morganna Le Fay are characters. The series starts with Wizard of 4th street, although he later wrote a prequel to explain how magic and Merlin were first brought back.

The Wizard of 4th Street (Questar) by Simon Hawke

There is also a stand alone book by MaryJanice Davidson (Derik's Bane) in which a werewolf is sent to kill a woman because she is the reincarnation of Morgan Le Fay and is going to destroy the world. She doesn't know she is though, and a group of Arthur's Chosen who are out to get her.

Derik's Bane (Berkley Sensation) by MaryJanice Davidson
yes, the cover is awful

message 5: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 320 comments What about the The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley by
Marion Zimmer Bradley

message 6: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 449 comments There is also The Forever King (Forever King Trilogy) by Molly Cochran by Molly Cochran

Harlequin Books (harlequinbooks) | 57 comments There is also the series Sarah Zettel, Paths to Camelot, for Luna books in its first year.

In Camelot's ShadowSarah Zettel In Camelot's Shadow (Reader's Choice) by Sarah Zettel

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (thehopelessbibliophile) | 41 comments Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions!

message 9: by Shelleyrae (new)

Shelleyrae at Book'd Out | 145 comments There is a short story by Angela Knight in Bite called Galahad that includes characters such as Morgana etc - however its pretty um racy.

message 10: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (thehopelessbibliophile) | 41 comments Shelleyrae wrote: "its pretty um racy."

I'm okay with that! hahaha

message 11: by Shelleyrae (new)

Shelleyrae at Book'd Out | 145 comments I'm sure it would brighthen your professors day :)