Fashion Book Lovers! discussion

Introduce Yourself!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 170 (170 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Carissa (new)

Carissa (goodreadscomchesanekc) Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to introduce myself, since I just joined the group. My name is Carissa, and I am a fashion writer for Chaos and Vestiture magazine and DivaVillage.com. I am a fashion junkie:) I look forward to chatting with you all an reading some good fashion books! Please let me know if you have a favorite.
xoxox
Carissa

message 2: by Jamie (new)

Jamie  (jaymers8413) | 524 comments Mod
Carissa wrote: "Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to introduce myself, since I just joined the group. My name is Carissa, and I am a fashion writer for Chaos and Vestiture magazine and DivaVillage.com. I am a fashion ju..."

Hey Carissa! I am glad you joined the group! I just started to get into fashion books. I made this group to find people with more knowledge than myself. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and if you know anyone else on goodreads who is into fashion please feel free to invite them to join!

message 3: by Jamie (new)

Carissa wrote: "Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to introduce myself, since I just joined the group. My name is Carissa, and I am a fashion writer for Chaos and Vestiture magazine and DivaVillage.com. I am a fashion ju..."

I added DivaVillage.com to the list of fashion websites! Also I changed the topic title because I didn't have a place for people to introduce themselves.

message 4: by Carissa (new)

Carissa (goodreadscomchesanekc) HI Jamie!

Great to meet you, and thanks for adding DivaVillage to the fashion sites. I would love to offer as much info as I can...let me know what specifics you (and the rest of the group) is looking for and I will be happy to help!

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (randhrshipper1) | 1 comments Hi, Jamie! I'm here from the JA group to finally join this one! I REALLY hope to get time to be active in this group, as I love fashion (though I don't think I apply it in my own life well at all!).

message 6: by Jamie (last edited May 06, 2010 06:55PM) (new)

Thanks for joining Rachel! I feel I could do better myself but reading fashion books will hopefully help give me new ideas. This gives me a new idea for a thread...favorite stores and online websites to shop at (all price ranges welcome)!

message 7: by امیررضا (new)

امیررضا (amirreza1asadi) Hi
My name is Aryan
Im Iranian and I live in Iran
I didnt see any book about fashion in Iran
I joined here to hear you...
and I will offer my first fashion book

message 8: by Jamie (new)

Thanks for joining Aryan. I hope you enjoy the group!

message 9: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Landers | 2 comments Carissa wrote: "Hi Ladies,

Hi Carissa my name's Stephanie and I'm a Rupert Sanderson addict! If you wnat a really funny and satrical insight in women's clothing check out the must read for all "fashion" obsessed beauties it's called SLIDE by SAIRA VIOLA and describes in glittering detail what characters wear from Temperly gowns to Diane Von Furstenberg and Louis V doc folders . Ermenglida Zenga , Canali it's all in the novella and soooo funny!

message 10: by Jamie (new)

Thanks for joining Stephanie!

message 11: by Jade (new)

Jade | 1 comments Hey guys my name is Jade, I love Fashion...every book there is out there on the matter i want! Just placed a order on amazon today to fulfill my fashionista need!! lol!
xoxo

message 12: by Jamie (new)

Hi Jada! Thanks for joining the group! Feel free to add your favs to the bookshelf.

message 13: by Heather (new)

Heather Miller (halie) | 9 comments Jamie wrote: "Thanks for joining Rachel! I feel I could do better myself but reading fashion books will hopefully help give me new ideas. This gives me a new idea for a thread...favorite stores and online websit..."

Hi Aryan , please do tell me about fashion in Iran , I notice that here in the West ladies are wearing lots of tight leggings / jeggings and so on with shirts and loose tops or sometimes body con tops over them . In many ways this is very similar to modern Eastern and sometimes Muslim dress would you agree :)

message 14: by Jamie (new)

That is a great question for Aryan!

Aryan I would love to know more about fashion in Iran and what you think about other countries fashion!

message 15: by Pippa (new)

Pippa Strong (pippasp) | 7 comments Hello fellow fashion addicts . My leopard print leggings to your ying and yang ! Wow not only is this group fashion literate but I cannnot believe you're doing a book group read on SLIDE and Diane Von Furstenberg ! Have a dress by the Ms. F, from when I used to work at JC and it drapes around me like a second skin love that dress! As I'm from London it would be great if I could get other people's views on fashion from the rest of the world and what it means to be part of fashion and how that translates into every day life . Congrats on a really splendid group Jamie :)

message 16: by Heather (new)

Heather Miller (halie) | 9 comments Jamie wrote: "That is a great question for Aryan!

Aryan I would love to know more about fashion in Iran and what you think about other countries fashion!"

Yes it's fascinating as I know that many women in the Middle East have lots of beautifully designed embelished clothes using real gem stones and semi precious stones on luxury fabrics like silk and velvet .

message 17: by Heather (new)

Heather Miller (halie) | 9 comments Hey Stephanie there is a group read on SLIDE so make your opinions count and let us know what you think:)

message 18: by Heather (new)

Heather Miller (halie) | 9 comments Pippa there is a Vogue Fashion night out this week with all the high street stores if you're invited let us know what happened I'm probably going to the Top Shop one or the Harvey Nichols one as you'r ein London you probab know about them :)

message 19: by Pippa (new)

Pippa Strong (pippasp) | 7 comments Hi Heather the Vogue Fashion Night I'm hoping to gate crash is late night shopping tomorrow and the launch of the Fashiontini Cocktail snow creme crushed apples and strawberries at the Long Bar .I'll let you know if I managed it :)

message 20: by Jamie (new)

Thanks Pippa and welcome!

Also, welcome to our other new members! We now have over 40! Feel free to invite your friends!!!

message 21: by Pippa (new)

Pippa Strong (pippasp) | 7 comments Anytime Jamie :)

message 22: by Jamie (last edited Dec 24, 2010 01:54AM) (new)

We have 50 group members! Please feel free to introduce yourself! You can start nominating for books at the beginning of January! Hope to hear from you all! Happy Holidays!

message 23: by Lily (last edited Mar 09, 2011 02:58PM) (new)

Lily Bloomwood | 2 comments Hi everyone

My name is Lily and i am a huge fashion fan especally historical costumes from the 18th century

message 24: by Jamie (new)

Welcome Sylvia!

message 25: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne Walls (caffeineanddesperation) | 1 comments Hi! I'm Roxanne, but you can call me Remmy or Roxxie for short. I look forward to reading with you guys :D

message 26: by Jamie (new)

Welcome Remmy! Check out the open nominations to nominate books you would like the group to read. There are three mentioned that I requested from my library so if you would like to join in reading one or more just let me know!

message 27: by Jamie (new)

Oh that is so good to hear! These storms have been horrible! I live in Louisville and although we have had rain and storms for days (its raining now) our power has not gone off. I'm glad your's is back on. My thoughts are with everyone impacted by these storms!

message 28: by Christine (new)

Christine (xtinela) Hi my name is Christine. I'm a technical designer for fashion. Used to work at Guess now I'm at Quicksilver. I've been loving fashion as a profession for 20 years now!

Anyone read kate white's books yet?

message 29: by Jamie (new)

Christine wrote: "Hi my name is Christine. I'm a technical designer for fashion. Used to work at Guess now I'm at Quicksilver. I've been loving fashion as a profession for 20 years now!

Anyone read kate white's boo..."

Welcome Christine! I am glad you joined the group and hope you enjoy it!

message 30: by Megan (new)

Megan | 3 comments Hi Everyone! I'm Megan and I'm excited that I stumbled upon this group. I became really interested in fashion while taking a senior seminar on Cold War history during college. My paper explored the idea of whether the 1950s were as glamorous as popular culture today remembers them to be. I've been reading about haute couture, fashion, and culture ever since.

message 31: by Jamie (new)

Welcome Beckys and Megan! I hope you both enjoy the group! We have just started discussing two books, have nominations open for January/February group reads and have a book giveaway so check them out!

message 32: by Kiara (new)

Kiara | 1 comments Hi Everyone! My name is Kiara. I just stumbled upon this group when i was researching some fashion related books that were good reads. I am a college student. I major in Apparel Textiles and Merchandising. I thought joining this group would just open me up to new networking and some good reads!

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm Kirsty and i have a passion for fashion! I create paper fashions, read fashion books, and keep a sketch book. Seriously, it's kinda scary how much i love it!

message 34: by Jamie (new)

Welcome Kirsty! I hope you enjoy the group!!!

message 35: by Epic (new)

Epic Sex Stories (EpicSexStories) | 1 comments I write erotica. See my other fotos. Coveting My Neighbor's Wife by Epic Sex Stories

message 36: by Jamie (new)

Epic wrote: "I write erotica. See my other fotos. Coveting My Neighbor's Wife by Epic Sex Stories"

Thanks for joining another group of mine to let everyone know you have the unique talent of writing erotica.

message 37: by Maer (new)

Maer | 3 comments Hello All! Maer here from Boston - I'm a fashion/costume designer by night, grant writer by day! I always ready for a good fashionista book and would love chatting with you all to get more inspiration for my next work!!

message 38: by Jamie (new)

Welcome Maer! I hope you enjoy the group!

message 39: by Chantal (new)

Chantal | 1 comments Aryan wrote: "Hi
My name is Aryan
Im Iranian and I live in Iran
I didnt see any book about fashion in Iran
I joined here to hear you...
and I will offer my first fashion book"

Dressmaker of Kahir Khana is about Afghanistan, I believe, and not Iran. Its non-fiction. I haven't read it but its the only one I know of that's in the same region.

When you see "offer" your first fashion book do you mean you've written one?

Chantal

Gitte - Bookworm's Closet (gittetofte) Hello!
I'm Gitte from Denmark. I'm about to start a blog on fashion from a book lover's point of view, and I just had to join this group! I'm quite a newbie when it comes to fashion in literature, so I'm really looking forward to this group.

message 41: by Karen (new)

Karen (yorkiesandme) As introduction, I am a Fashion lover that recently began to look to books to inspire me as I curate my own "southern sartorial style". While I can appreciate Chanel or Dior on the runway, I also appreciate street style and regularly follow several style bloggers who are generations younger than I am. My own personal style you ask? On this Sunday.... jeans, button up, loafers, always an arm party and at least one monogrammed item.

message 42: by Jamie (new)

Karen wrote: "As introduction, I am a Fashion lover that recently began to look to books to inspire me as I curate my own "southern sartorial style". While I can appreciate Chanel or Dior on the runway, I also a..."

Welcome Karen! I hope you enjoy the group. I would love to know some of the blogs you follow. Feel free to create a folder with your name under Member's Corner to share links and pics of your fashion inspirations!

message 43: by Divashionista (new)

Divashionista | 6 comments hello fashion lovers.
i love fashion and am into it
i joined this group to be able to read fashion books and discuss with you fashion things
i have a fashion page where i post my handmade things for fashionistas and offer free fashion consultation and post daily doses of trends. i would love to share my page if the modeators don't mind.
ihave worked in the haute couture industry for a prominent international designer and have the fashion thing in my blood.
i thought it is a nice group about fashion
looking forward to getting to know you more and discussing fashion and fashion books

message 44: by Jamie (last edited Oct 29, 2012 05:18PM) (new)

Divashionista wrote: "hello fashion lovers.
i love fashion and am into it
i joined this group to be able to read fashion books and discuss with you fashion things
i have a fashion page where i post my handmade things ..."

Welcome Divashionista! I hope you enjoy the group! I would love to see your blog. Feel free to post under members corner. Just put your name for the title and post whatever you want. You can also mention it in the fashion website discussion in the general discussion.

message 45: by Divashionista (new)

Divashionista | 6 comments thank you jamie

message 46: by Divashionista (new)

Divashionista | 6 comments i am glad u did kari. could you kindly like the page :-)

message 47: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Stultz (wicketwillowbean) | 1 comments My name is Elizabeth and I'm 24 years old. I live in Kentucky (Louisville, to be precise). I have a BA in psychology and did two minors in English with a concentration in literature and Medieval Studies. I studied French for 5 years and have experience with Japanese, German, and Latin. One of my dreams is to translate Medieval Latin and French manuscripts. The other is to eventually become an archaeologist.

Currently, I work with toddlers as a teacher in a daycare. It's not exactly my dream job, or the best use of my degree, but it works for now. I am going back to school in August to work towards a degree in education so that I can become a third grade teacher. I also plan on doing another major in either microbiology or anthropology. I do enjoy some aspects of my job such as being able to teach my children and the joy that I receive when they finally catch on to what I've taught them. I also enjoy the smiles, hugs, and kisses that I get from my kids when I come to work in the mornings.

I am an avid reader and have been since I was a child. I generally read anything except westerns, romance, and inspirational/Christian books. I quite enjoy horror, fantasy, historical fiction, and mysteries. I have also gotten into the Quirk classics recently. Right now, I am reading Android Karenina. Classic literature is another favorite of mine with Edgar Allan Poe, Jane Austen, the Bronte sisters, HP Lovecraft, Victor Hugo, and Gaston LeRoux being among my favorites.

I look forward to making new friends and taking part in book discussions.

-Elizabeth

message 48: by Jamie (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "My name is Elizabeth and I'm 24 years old. I live in Kentucky (Louisville, to be precise). I have a BA in psychology and did two minors in English with a concentration in literature and Medieval St..."

Welcome :)

message 49: by Emily Ann (new)

Emily Ann (emiliaann) Hey guys! So my name is Emily, and I'll be 16 this year. I'm planning on applying to a fashion institute and majoring in fashion merchandising. I love music(of monsters and men, M83, john mayer & merriment). I'm also really new to goodreads, so if you want to add me that'd be awesome:)

message 50: by Jamie (new)

Emily wrote: "Hey guys! So my name is Emily, and I'll be 16 this year. I'm planning on applying to a fashion institute and majoring in fashion merchandising. I love music(of monsters and men, M83, john mayer & m..."

Welcome to the group Emily! I wish I would have known the jobs available in the fashion industry and had a greater love of fashion when I was in high school and majored in merchandising. Instead I majored in Chemistry.

« previous 1 3 4