Persephone Books discussion

Good Evening Mrs Craven > I'm confused!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 5 comments Hello out there....could someone point me in the direction of the discussion that's going on about this book? I got a notice that there was a discussion starting on March 1, but I'm confused about how to join. Is anybody out there........?

message 2: by Laura (last edited Mar 04, 2010 07:07PM) (new)

Laura (digifish_books) | 41 comments Hello Trisha, you've come to the right place! The group is indeed reading Good Evening Mrs Craven this month but the discussion hadn't started yet. So, thanks for starting it!

I am about half-way through the book. Some of the stories have been excellent and a few are just OK for me. So far an enjoyable and interesting read which follows on nicely from another WW2 book I finished recently (and can recommend), Henrietta's War by Joyce Dennys.

message 3: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (leaningsun) | 27 comments I saw this article in The Guardian about Downes' wartime stories. I've read one so far and have enjoyed it. http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/books...

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 18 comments I just got my copy and will be bringing it to the beach next week. Although it seems most un-beachy.