TWILIGHT HATERS discussion

The Celine Discussions > Blasphemer.

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Celine (new)

Celine (catsy2008) Today, I came back to my area to find a couple of people kicking around a small red copy of the Bible. Inside, they had written "LIES" and were playing "God Soccer" with it. I told them that they had no right to do it, so I threw it away.

Yes, I know it was just as bad of me to throw it... But none of us needs it, since we're not Christian, Catholic or any branch of those that follow Jesus and God.

Steph, the incredibly volatile, rude, inconsiderate, hypocritical girl in my group told me that I'm not even Christian, so why do I even bother standing up for it. She said that Christians have criticised her religion of Paganism/Asatruar, and that she should be able to do it right back. But, how does saying it back make it any better?

I told her that just because she doesn't believe in it, or that it's there, she doesn't have to attack it. Like, for example, scene teenagers. When they walk past, or are around, she ALWAYS has to say something to agitate an argument. It's as if she lives for them, since she has nothing else. After I got up her on the internetz, she said that there was nobody she loved except for her boyfriend, Henry. Then, she has the nerve to show up the following Monday and stay in the area.

I reported Henry and Sunny, another girl who Steph hates on, for arguing once everything was over, and she got angry because it was 'convenient for me'. She told me to report myself, but there's no way you can do that on Facebook. I told her to report me instead, since she can't seem to get anything, or understand why it's wrong.

She then just stormed off and went back to defiling the bible. Just because her parents were rife with mental disorders, and so she is too, doesn't give her a right to do what she pleases and expect us to side with her, or shower sympathy or empathy on her.

Please don't say I'm being harsh, because none of you guys know this incredibly callous girl who thinks she;s the boss of everything. Just write your input.

I'm as entitled to defend what I want as she is to breathe.

message 2: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) I got scared when you mentioned my name...

message 3: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Well, your Steph's a *****.

message 4: by Celine (new)

Celine (catsy2008) lolsorry.

message 5: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) It's not your fault ^^
Jus' me being paranoid. I think.

message 6: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) What's Agnotstic?

message 7: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments I think Agnostic means that you believe in some sort of higher power, but you're not sure what it is...? Sorry, I don't mean to offend anyone, because I'm really not sure. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please! :/

message 8: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments Also, I'm Christian. No, I'm not one of those people that meets an aethist/someone of another religion and starts screaming about how if you don't believe in Jesus you're going to burn in hell forever or something. Yeah, I'm DEFINITELY not one of those people.

Okay, I have to say this. The fact that those people were kicking a Bible around seriously bugs me. I mean, I know it's probably because I'm Christian and I've been raised to treat the Bible with respect, so I wouldn't do anything like that.

But really, even if you don't support Christianity, it doesn't mean that you have to go bash on the Bible. I mean, I don't go around trashing the Quaran (did I spell that right?) or the Book of Mormon or anything. Really, even if you don't support a certain religion, it doesn't give you the right to run around trashing it every chance you get.

It's like... okay, this might not be the best analogy, but I'll try. Let's say that there's a girl named Sue. Sue does NOT like Twilight, much like us. But here's the difference: anytime Sue sees anything related to Twilight- the book, the movie poster, the shirts, whatever- she immediately starts talking about how much she hates Twilight. If any Twilighters try to stand up for it, she immediately bashes on them for liking it.

That was probably the worst analogy ever, but I think you guys get what I'm saying. I think that people should tolerate religious differences. I mean, a lot of groups- religious or not- preach religious tolerance. Yeah, I'm Christian. Yeah, I have a few friends that aren't (but not many, because I go to a Christian school). We never talk about religion, anyway, so I really don't see it as a problem.

And Celine, I actually think that throwing it away was the right thing to do. Yeah, it sounds bad when taken out of context, but I think it was right (or at least decent). It's like a story I heard once about burning an old American flag. They weren't trying to disrespect the country or be rebellious or anything like that. Their flag was old and tattered and couldn't be used, so they thought they would burn it... as a sign of respect, not a sign of defiance. It's kind of like that- instead of defiling it and mocking it, you sort of kept it out of the way.

message 9: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Rose wrote: "I'm not with any formal religion, so I don't go to church, temple or anything, but I still believe that there might, perhaps, maybe is a god."

I'm just like that. I'm in no way, shape or form religious, but I'm tolerant. In fact, I want to study religion. I find them interesting.

message 10: by Celine (new)

Celine (catsy2008) Nightshade wrote: "I think Agnostic means that you believe in some sort of higher power, but you're not sure what it is...? Sorry, I don't mean to offend anyone, because I'm really not sure. Someone correct me if I'm..."

Actually, I thought it meant you believe in nothing. No-thing.

message 11: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Yes! That's why I'm thinking it's going to my major. Either that or become a shrink or something like that.

message 12: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) I love history.

message 13: by Ain020596 (new)

Ain020596 Hey Celine:) I agree with you. I don't think any religion deserves cruel discrimination or anything. Its just someone's beliefs. Its not like it's harming the whole universe--unless its like an evil cult or something that is just completely creepy.

message 14: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments Yeah, I agree... o_O

message 15: by Sheeky (new)

Sheeky (sheekster) | 169 comments Yeah.....I'm Christian and when people like, kick around a bible and crap, it makes me wanna cry. Literally.

message 16: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments I don't think I'd actually cry, but it's really bugging me now. :(

message 17: by Sheeky (new)

Sheeky (sheekster) | 169 comments Lke, at church, if I accidentaly drop my bible, I freak OUT.

message 18: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Sheeky wrote: "Yeah.....I'm Christian and when people like, kick around a bible and crap, it makes me wanna cry. Literally."

Yeah. Me too, and I'm not practicing a religion. ANY Holy Book being kicked around I would flip out, for that manner.

message 19: by Celine (new)

Celine (catsy2008) Well, I she called me a hypocrite for defending it. It's 'cause I'm an Atheist. *facepalm*

message 20: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Wha...?
That doesn't mean you can't be tolerant of other people's beliefs!

message 21: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments Exactly! Just because you're atheist, it doesn't mean that you can't respect other religions' beliefs or can't be tolerant of others' religions.

message 22: by Celine (new)

Celine (catsy2008) Yeah! I don't even understand what is wrong with her.

message 23: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments Neither do I. :P

message 24: by Simona-- (last edited Mar 10, 2010 03:18PM) (new)

Simona-- I'm kind of intense  (CompletelyInsane) | 806 comments ... Perhaps we should call the niiiice men with big needles and nets now.

I'm actually a Roman Catholic, but I'm not really that into my religion. Yeah yeah, I believe and everything, but I'm not like Nora... Old chick. Jesus freak. Enough said.
Besides, this is coming from the girl who files her nails in religion class (yesh yesh, don't make fun. I go to an all-girls catholic school with uniforms. And most of us are NOT sluts XP). Well hey, it's gotta get done SOME time or another! *face palm*

message 25: by Steven (new)

Steven Potter | 40 comments Celine wrote: "Today, I came back to my area to find a couple of people kicking around a small red copy of the Bible. Inside, they had written "LIES" and were playing "God Soccer" with it. I told them that they h..."

As a Neopagan myself I can say this, this Steph girl is a F@#king B@#*h. Sorry but I feel angy whenever I hear a story like this. I found a connection to this religion which I didn't find in Christanity. So when I hear that some people use the religion I find sacred to get back at people or other religions, I get mad.

message 26: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) *raises hand* I suggest we find another name to call here because, well, *points to her name*
There's too many Stephs in this world ><

message 27: by Celine (new)

Celine (catsy2008) "Steph K".

message 28: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Alright. That works.

message 29: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments This might be really lame, but what's Neopagan?

message 30: by Steven (new)

Steven Potter | 40 comments Nightshade wrote: "This might be really lame, but what's Neopagan?"

Neopaganism is an term used to identify a group of modern religious movements, most of them are influenced by pre-Christian pagan beliefs of Europe like ancient Greek or Norse. Have you hear of Wicca? Thats a Neopagan religion.

Oh by the way I'm sorry Steph, I forgot that you may feel like Im talking about you, I just feel this Steph K girl is a jerk.

message 31: by Celine (new)

Celine (catsy2008) She's a tyrant. :P

message 32: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (GuitarChick) | 316 comments Hey, I'm a Christian too, and this sucks! Like, in another group I'm in (Ambitious Writers, which a couple members are here too) we're pretty much all different religeons (I can't spell it. Sorry) and we get along ok. There's always the fight over Percy Jackson, but we aren't rude to each other! This girl should get a life long ban from the internet.

message 33: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Steven wrote: "Nightshade wrote: "This might be really lame, but what's Neopagan?"

Neopaganism is an term used to identify a group of modern religious movements, most of them are influenced by pre-Christian pa..."

Steph K is a jerk.

message 34: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments Definitely.

message 35: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments Guitar Chick-Headbanger wrote: "Hey, I'm a Christian too, and this sucks! Like, in another group I'm in (Ambitious Writers, which a couple members are here too) we're pretty much all different religeons (I can't spell it. Sorry) ..."

What do you mean, fight over Percy Jackson? About the Greek gods and all that?

Because if that's the case, it's FICTION. Percy Jackson = fiction. Fiction meaning NOT REAL... ;)

message 36: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) You can ^^

message 37: by Steven (new)

Steven Potter | 40 comments Rose wrote: "No, about why I don't like Percy Jackson and find it annoying.
*sighs* Dammit, can't I have tastes different from anyone else's?!!??! Grrr... >_>"

Is a free world... well mostly...

message 38: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (GuitarChick) | 316 comments Nah, we just fight over how awesome it is and who gets Percy. It's all in fictitious good fun.

message 39: by Steven (new)

Steven Potter | 40 comments Rose wrote: "Uh, hello! You guys almost crucify me for finding Percy Jackson annoying!! Search your feelings, GC! You know it to be true! >.< *heavy Star Wars references*"

Star Wars references = awesome :)

I kinda skipped the Percy Jackson series, not into Greek culture so I never got intrested.

message 40: by ~ EpicFroggy ~ *Loves Tweedle-Dee!* (last edited Mar 19, 2010 07:42AM) (new)

~ EpicFroggy ~ *Loves Tweedle-Dee!* (bengali208) | 160 comments Wow, this Steph K person is..... a jerk. I second whoever said that. (Was it you, Nightshade?) I am a Christian, but I don't bash other people's religions. Okay, so that's not exactly true, (if I'm angry, or annoyed I might say some not-so-nice things, but never as far as kicking around something holy to that religion) but mostly. I don't agree with other religions, but I can at least be civil about it. This irks me, and I think you did the right thing by throwing away the Bible, Celine. Anything to save it from those - I'd better stop now. XD

Edit: It was good Steph that said it. (= Oops...

message 41: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Um...I wanna say I'm so tolerant b/c I don't practice a religion, but I do enjoy researching different kinds of religions. I dunno why I feel the need to post this...

message 42: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments It's okay. I find other religions interesting, too. :)

message 43: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments Rose wrote: "I'm quite the opposite, I'm crazy about Greek Myths and when I found out that in the series they added new gods (i.e. Percy) I let the hate flow through me, so I didn't read it.

As a side note how..."

I hate to bring this up again, but Percy's not a god at any point in the series. The main characters (including Percy) are demigods- half-human, half-god. They're all over the Greek myths- Perseus, Theseus, all those guys.

Just FYI. Or something. :P

message 44: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (GuitarChick) | 316 comments It's ok. Like I said, all in fictitious good fun.

message 45: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments Yeah. :) I don't take that kind of thing OMG SUPER SERIOUSLY, unless someone is being completely unreasonable/irrational. Like when the Twi-hards come to town, for instance. >:)

message 46: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (GuitarChick) | 316 comments Good point.