The FAYZ: The Gone Series discussion

Characters > mutants

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jillian Sarah  | 50 comments So yesterday in science I discovered that the formula for a gone mutation
Need + exposure to radiation + change = power

This is best explained by sam
Afraid of the dark + living by power plant + puberty = light power

But this can also give insight into the characters by what their power is. Jack is sick of being seen as weak. Diana wants to know what she's up against.

The change also explains why more girls have the power, because they're changing quickly due to puberty,
which most of the boys haven hit yet

What do you think?

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (hirumayoichis) Makes sense.

message 3: by Jonah (new)

Jonah | 12 comments Yeh, it kinda makes sense, but if it's so, why do Little Pete have power, then? And the little girl in the fire? I mean, some little children have the power too...

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (hirumayoichis) Do you think it also has something to do with, like, the state of mind? 'Cause Little Pete's clearly not all there and maybe that little girl had something wrong, too. Or maybe they're just flukes.

message 5: by Jillian Sarah (last edited Mar 03, 2010 11:07AM) (new)

Jillian Sarah  | 50 comments Actually the biggest exception is Lana, she had no exposure.
With little pete I think its because he spent so much time in the power plant, and because his father was around radiation... Yes I'm implying radioactive sperm...
The other little kids are probably due to the same reason.
Also, change can be just normal growth, puberty just makes a mutation more likely. The more of each that occurs, the more likely a power will develop.

So theoretically all of the conditions can be met with no mutation occurring, or very little of them can be met and a mutation can occur, everyone has a different threshold.

message 6: by Elle (new)

Elle (2cute4u) | 232 comments yah, what she said lol :P. that theory does make sense, tho :))

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah:) I wanna be a mutant..heeh

message 8: by Elle (new)

Elle (2cute4u) | 232 comments it'd be cool to have a power, lol :P

Jillian Sarah  | 50 comments Eh... I'd prefer to not have my hands cemented but that's just me. ;P

message 10: by Elle (new)

Elle (2cute4u) | 232 comments lmao :P not that part, lol

message 11: by Jillian Sarah (new)

Jillian Sarah  | 50 comments ;P

I'd like to be a mutant, but unfortunately I was already 15 when GONE came out. I would have disappeared, and not have had cool powers....

Oh, this is totally off topic, but anyone else really peeved LIES comes out during AP week?

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

XD

message 13: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (last edited Mar 05, 2010 03:20PM) (new)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 225 comments Mod
Jillian Sarah wrote: ";P

I'd like to be a mutant, but unfortunately I was already 15 when GONE came out. I would have disappeared, and not have had cool powers....

Oh, this is totally off topic, but anyone else real..."

Not really, the only AP test I'm taking is on the 4th, so I can read it right away. :D

If the cut-off age were, say, 17, then I would like being a mutant, as long as I didn't have the not-dying power. That wouldn't be too fun.

message 14: by Jillian Sarah (new)

Jillian Sarah  | 50 comments Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "Jillian Sarah wrote: ";P

Oh, this is totally off ..."

So lucky!!! I have 4!
Yeah if the cut off were 17 I'd totally be a mutant

message 15: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

4?! Ew, what ones are you taking?

So, what would everyone's power be if you were a mutant?

message 16: by Jillian Sarah (new)

Jillian Sarah  | 50 comments If we figurepowers are what we want most, I'd be able to read minds. I'm scaredofwhat people think.
Us history, enviormental science, english lang, and statistics.

message 17: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

I would like to be able to make illusions. That's not one that pops up too often. :D

I'm doing US History too! Good luck in your others! ;

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Jillian Sarah wrote: "If we figurepowers are what we want most, I'd be able to read minds. I'm scaredofwhat people think.
Us history, enviormental science, english lang, and statistics."

Mind reading would scare me too much. I'd feel like I was invading someones privacy and I don't wanna know what anyone is thinking, haha.

I'd like an affinity for Fire or something

message 19: by Selena (last edited Mar 09, 2010 06:09PM) (new)

Selena (masterjedilena) I would either want to be able to sense how genuine someone is; ie, I can tell if they're lying, hiding something from me, or really mean what the say, etc. Or... I would want an impenetrable shield. :)) Preferably the latter, so I could get caught up on all the fights and stuff. lol

message 20: by Jillian Sarah (new)

Jillian Sarah  | 50 comments That's cool, that actually is like diana and astrid.
So... Coates or beach?

I'm too much of a goody goody for coates so I'd be a beach kid

message 21: by Selena (new)

Selena (masterjedilena) Yeah, I don't think I'd ever land in Coates. ;) (btw, does anyone know how to pronounce that? I've always thought of it as coats, like the clothing item... :/ lol)

But I think once the FAYZ happened, I would kinda float around/do my own thing. Not necessarily follow either Sam or Caine.

message 22: by Jillian Sarah (new)

Jillian Sarah  | 50 comments Yeah I've always said coats.
So anyone notice the biblical nudge at caine?
Ie: caine tries to kill his brother...

message 23: by Selena (new)

Selena (masterjedilena) Okay. I didn't know if was like "Coatez" or something. :p Haha.

Yeah, that was one of the first comments my mom made about the book when she read it-like Caine from the Bible. I wonder if that parallel will continue?

message 24: by Jillian Sarah (new)

Jillian Sarah  | 50 comments Yeah, It actually has a lot of biblical stuff according to my frie d who read it, I usually miss most of the biblical allusions in books though, I'm jewish so I don't have the point of reference haha

Lena wrote: "Okay. I didn't know if was like "Coatez" or something. :p Haha.

Yeah, that was one of the first comments my mom made about the book when she read it-like Caine from the Bible. I wonder if that par..."

message 25: by Selena (new)

Selena (masterjedilena) I usually don't analyze the books I read enough to pick up on stuff like that. ;) Lol. But yeah, I can kind of see where some similarities could be drawn...

message 26: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), The Boss :) (new)

I'm curious if that whole Caine/Cain thing might be a hint at Caine's fate.

message 27: by Elle (new)

Elle (2cute4u) | 232 comments Jillian Sarah wrote: "Yeah, It actually has a lot of biblical stuff according to my frie d who read it, I usually miss most of the biblical allusions in books though, I'm jewish so I don't have the point of reference ha..."

i'm jewish tooo :)) lol

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Yep, said it like Coats too :P

message 29: by Jillian Sarah (new)

Jillian Sarah  | 50 comments So edillo is apparently is pronounced eh-dilly-o

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Yep:D

message 31: by Elle (new)

Elle (2cute4u) | 232 comments yeah :D lol

message 32: by Selena (new)

Selena (masterjedilena) Jillian Sarah wrote: "So edillo is apparently is pronounced eh-dilly-o"

Did you think it was a different way?

message 33: by Jillian Sarah (new)

Jillian Sarah  | 50 comments Lena wrote: "Jillian Sarah wrote: "So edillo is apparently is pronounced eh-dilly-o"

Did you think it was a different way?"

I speak spanish so I always thought it was el-di-oh

message 34: by Luke (new)

Luke (lukefayz) | 94 comments Jillian Sarah wrote: "That's cool, that actually is like diana and astrid.
So... Coates or beach?

I'm too much of a goody goody for coates so I'd be a beach kid"

ive always said it like coyotes. idk. im wierd like that

message 35: by Jillian Sarah (new)

Jillian Sarah  | 50 comments Haha! Luke that's epic, makes sense though

message 36: by Elle (new)

Elle (2cute4u) | 232 comments it does :)

message 37: by Luke (new)

Luke (lukefayz) | 94 comments hahaha i just think differently :)

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought it was Ed-eel-ee-o.

message 39: by Selena (new)

Selena (masterjedilena) Girl on Fire *Rose* wrote: "I thought it was Ed-eel-ee-o."

Me too.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

:) Yay.

message 41: by Luke (new)

Luke (lukefayz) | 94 comments i thought so too. ed-eel-ee-o just sounds right. i mean it is spelled "Edilio" haha

message 42: by Elle (new)

Elle (2cute4u) | 232 comments i thought it was too :)

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah haha

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

go LP go caine