Witches, Weres, and Vamps, Oh MY! discussion

Group Read Discussions > Guilty Pleasures - Roll Call

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) | 1166 comments Mod
Guilty Pleasures won for our "Tried & True" theme. We will be reading it this month. Are you planning on reading it with the group?

I read it a long time ago. My library has the audiobook but I don't know since I'll probably get my hold copy of Flirt sometime this month. I'm sure I remember enough about it to have some decent conversations about it though...

message 2: by Kim (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) | 77 comments I read it last week to be prepared for the discussion, but it was my third of fourth re-read. I think that I will re-read the series again, as this has given me a taste for it ( I just need to read all of my library books first) and since I own all her books, it won't be hard.

message 3: by Shanon (new)

I've been meaning to read the Anita Blake Graphic Novels... maybe I'll pick up the first one instead of doing a re-read....

message 4: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 44 comments It has been several years since I read this I hope I can remember enough to comment

message 5: by Kim (last edited Mar 04, 2010 07:45AM) (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) | 77 comments I have the graphic novel collections of this book. Jean Claude is HOT!

Sarah ~Sehrenity~ I've read both the book and the graphic novel awhlile back, so I'll try to comment when I can.

message 7: by Shanon (new)

I just requested the GNs from my library so I should get them soon. How closely does the story line follow the books?

Sarah ~Sehrenity~ It's an exact match as far as I remember.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) | 77 comments I've read the book but not the graphic novel so I'll try to pick it up from the library tomorrow.

message 10: by Dawn (last edited Mar 05, 2010 01:58PM) (new)

Dawn I just picked it up from the library, I have never read it and I'm really looking forward to it!

message 11: by Erin (new)

Erin (erin-b) It's been a while since I read the beginning of this series and I was recently thinking about starting from the beginning, so I will definitely be reading this in March. I decided to try an audiobook this time as my library had it.

message 12: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sandram1967) | 11 comments I plan on starting it within the next week or so. I have had it for a year and a half. About time I started the series.
There are just so many different series to read. It is hard to choose!

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) | 77 comments When I went to pick up the graphic novel of Guilty Pleasures vol 1 from the library I saw there was another one called Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The First Death. Apparently it's a prequel to Guilty Pleasures so I picked it up too. It's supposed to chronicle one of Anita's first vampire hunting cases, Anita and Jean Claude's first meeting and an early encounter with Edward. I can't wait!

message 14: by Shanon (new)

My library just got in the first 2 volumes of the Guilty Pleasures graphic novel. I'll have to request that one too :)

message 15: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kelly_l) | 21 comments I've read this book quite some time ago, but I'd love to comment on it as people chat. I'm new here and I'm excited about joining so I'll be yakking up a storm!

message 16: by Dawn (new)

Dawn I see this thread is Roll Call for the book, but I can't find any that are discussing the book except for the whole series thread. I haven't read the whole series, but I intend to. I just finished Guilty Pleasures. I thought it was awesome, I love the way it was written, Anita is just to cool. It was a page turner for me, as soon as I finished it I picked up book 2 The Laughing Corpse. I can't wait to see what happens now, I hope book 2 is as good as book 1.

message 17: by Shanon (new)

Here's the spoilers thread for the first book only.

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/2...

There hasn't been any discussions yet. I just got my copy from the library so I'll be over there tomorrow hopefully. Feel free to start it up though - there's lots of people that have read it (and the rest of the series). Sometimes it takes someone who's just read it to jog people's memories about what happened.

message 18: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (audiobookmel) First Death is a great GN. I think I like it the best. You get to see more Edward (but not the first time Anita meets him). You also get to see more of Manny.

I have read this book many times (the book, graphic novel and listening to it on CD). I will say that the person who reads this book on CD is not as good as the person who read Cerulean Sins through Blood Noir. She is much, much better.