Every one's Choice discussion

Everything Else > Library Books make me nauseous ....

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

I'm awesoMEGAN! (missesmh) | 161 comments I recently found out I was pregnant - YAY! And the thought of touching the library books I have makes me sick to my stomache. I don't know WTF is up with that but I actually get the gags. LOL.

Anyone else ever feel this way?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

First of all, congratulations!!!! I do hope that you are truly not nauseous to library books throughout your pregnancy. Perhaps your little one will have classy taste in books and require all first edition hardbacks on your own custom made shelves...

message 3: by Donna, The Pusher (new)

Donna (dfiggz) | 3116 comments Mod
YAY MEgan!!! So excited now u & Kerri will have babies close together!!!

Well u better get over that real quick! Or you will never make ur 75!

I'm awesoMEGAN! (missesmh) | 161 comments I thought about that ... because it took me all last week to read Ironside. It killed me to pick it up. When i went to get my reserves from the library last week I gave 2 back and only picked up 2. Even in the library I though I was going to hurl. It is the weirdest thing in the world. They say the things you most love (usually food items) but for me it seems to be books. The baby is already taking after my husband with the library book hatred! lol
Kerry is so excited. She said she prayed for this to happen - lol - she is too funny. Jillian told me that we are corny - lol

message 5: by Donna, The Pusher (last edited Mar 03, 2010 08:00AM) (new)

Hey me and my BFF had girls just 4 months apart (then I had another LOL!)

Nothing made me sick. I remember with Marley I wanted loads of alchol thank goodness for O'Douls! but with Vinni I wanted none of that but I craved hot dogs and fountain soda!

The whole book thing is nuts! You should get one of those book covers and spray it will somthing floral or fruity try to diguise it LOL!

message 6: by Shelli (last edited Mar 03, 2010 08:42AM) (new)

Shelli I'm awesoMEGAN! wrote: "I recently found out I was pregnant - YAY! And the thought of touching the library books I have makes me sick to my stomache. I don't know WTF is up with that but I actually get the gags. LOL. ..."

Congrats on the baby! Too bad about the books...hope that goes away! I'm a germaphob myself, but still do library and used books....just wash my hands a lot..lol!!! I felt better about myself when a person on PBSwap was worried that she might get swine flu from the books. I think the people at paperback swap told her to let her books sit for awhile or spray them with lysol!!! I was cracking up! The only book I've gotten from there that bothered me was one that smelled so heavily of smoke! It really was quite disgusting and I put it in a ziplock with dryer sheets for a week or 2!!

I'm awesoMEGAN! (missesmh) | 161 comments lmao - it is so stupid .. cause just thinking about it make me feel ill. This has to be the dumbest thing to ever happen to someone!

message 8: by Donna, The Pusher (new)

Probably ;-)

Lyn (Readinghearts) (lsmeadows) I have to say, Megan, I feel so sorry for you. I didn't get sick around books, but I have had many friends who have said that they were so nauseous that they couldn't read at all while they were pregnant. I do remember having the most random things make me feel sick, though. It was a really weird experience. My thoughts are with you!

message 10: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) | 676 comments Congrats on the baby in da bellay Megan; poor you though! That is the most unusual pregancy side effect I have ever heard. Maybe baby just wants brand new books for itself instead of borrowed books, LOL sounds like you have a little prince/princess on your hands!

My mom hates spicy food but craved it like crazy when she was preggo with me. It seems like everything she craved when I was wrecking havoc in her tummy turns out to be my biggest food cravings too; funny.

message 11: by I'm awesoMEGAN! (new)

I'm awesoMEGAN! (missesmh) | 161 comments Thanks everyone. The 1st thing I do when this baby comes out is take this lil monster to the library.

message 12: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) | 676 comments LMAO! Read it all the baby books there too!

message 13: by Lyn (Readinghearts) (last edited Mar 04, 2010 02:15PM) (new)

Lyn (Readinghearts) (lsmeadows) By the way, Megan - I think I forgot to say congrats!

Colleen - That's funny cuz the same thing happened with my boys, whatever I craved is like their favorite food! With Joe it was burritos, and the kid ate beans from day one, I swear.

message 14: by I'm awesoMEGAN! (new)

I'm awesoMEGAN! (missesmh) | 161 comments yup ... it will be like forcing a kid to eat their veggies. I will force the baby to love the library.

message 15: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) | 676 comments Heck yeah!

message 16: by Aly (new)

Aly (Alygator) | 204 comments I'm really weird.... I love the concept of a library, I think it's great for everyone to have access to free books. But personally I cannot stand checking out books from the library. I don't know why. It really bothers me!!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

It's kind of an invasion of privacy? Somebody that you don't necessarily want to know what you choose to read (even though we broadcast it over Goodreads) I dunno, I've gotten to know my librarians so I don't mind too badly the checking out. But it does make me feel awkward to request a book called "You Suck".

message 18: by Donna, The Pusher (new)

I usually request the books online and then I get an email saying they are ready and then I do a drive by. I go in and out in seconds but most of the time I buy the book. It really depends on the price and how bad I want the book.

Lyn (Readinghearts) (lsmeadows) That's what I do, Donna. In addition, my library has self check in and self check out, so I can do it all without any human interaction if I want to. Actually I like the totally automated process because it is much quicker.

message 20: by Aly (new)

Aly (Alygator) | 204 comments They just rebuilt my library and now its this postmodern architecture thing that holds about half the books it used to. Maybe that has a lot to do with it. And the librarians aren't the helpful little old ladies that used to be there. Now they are not helpful nice old ladies but unhelpful young people!!! I miss them!!

message 21: by Donna, The Pusher (new)

Lyn M wrote: "That's what I do, Donna. In addition, my library has self check in and self check out, so I can do it all without any human interaction if I want to. Actually I like the totally automated process..."

The library by my old apt. had that but the one neaar me doesn't. The call pages used to be mvery mean but now they are starting to get to know me and are being a little niecer!~