Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

14 views
Fantasy > The Doom Guardian

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julie (new)

Julie Dawson (julie_ann_dawson) | 4 comments The Doom Guardian Chronicles of Cambrea by Julie Ann Dawson

Cursed in life.
Damned in death.
The only person capable of stopping a terrible prophecy is the one born to fulfill it.

For centuries, The Spirit Wall has protected the world of Cambrea from the otherworldly forces that seek to destroy it. But now the Spirit Wall begins to crumble. The forces of the undead god Vagruth move to reclaim his throne. Meanwhile, the demonic Felsworn seek to take advantage of the chaos and enact their own plans. In a world fractured by politics, greed, and apathy, fate will unite three unlikely heroes to save the Spirit Wall from destruction.

===

Visit the book page to enter the book giveaway here at Goodreads. There is also a fun little quiz you can take. The answers can all be found on the book's website or in our book discussion group!


message 2: by Steven (new)

Steven (tbones) | 408 comments Julie wrote: "The Doom Guardian Chronicles of Cambrea by Julie Ann Dawson

Cursed in life.
Damned in death.
The only person capable of stopping a terrible prophecy is the one born to fulfill it.

For cent..."


this book sounds pretty awesome. I've added it to my to read list and will see if I can still enter to win a copy.


message 3: by Julie (new)

Julie Dawson (julie_ann_dawson) | 4 comments Thank you! You should be able to enter the drawing until the end of March.

I have always been a horror writer. This was my first stab at a pure fantasy. I'm happy with the way it turned out. Of course, my horror reading friends keep saying "I was expecting more blood" while my fantasy reading friends keep saying "I was surprised by the amount of blood." Suppose it was to be expected. ;-)


message 4: by Steven (new)

Steven (tbones) | 408 comments Julie wrote: "Thank you! You should be able to enter the drawing until the end of March.

I have always been a horror writer. This was my first stab at a pure fantasy. I'm happy with the way it turned out. ..."


I did find your book and entered on here. It does sound like a lot of fun.
And I didn't realize you were a horror author too. I am a big fan of the horror stuff but have really enjoyed some of the fantasy stuff coming out as well. I really like it when these genres are mixed.
What are some titles to your horror books?


message 5: by Julie (new)

Julie Dawson (julie_ann_dawson) | 4 comments September and Other Stories is an anthology of my short stories. Many of them had been previously published in various traditional and electronic publications. I simply put them together in a collection. The majority of my horror has been short stories. I've had stuff published in Gareth Blackmore's Unusual Tales, Demonground, and an assortment of obscure, niche publications ;-)

You can actually read September for free online at publicbookshelf.com.

http://www.publicbookshelf.com/author...


message 6: by Steven (new)

Steven (tbones) | 408 comments Julie wrote: "September and Other Stories is an anthology of my short stories. Many of them had been previously published in various traditional and electronic publications. I simply put them to..."

thank you for the link. I have saved to my favs and will read your September story. I really do enjoy the short story type stuff as well. I've got quite a collection of horror anthologies and have found some of the short stories I've read to be quite memorable. I've got a few titles that I read that I should put up on here to recommend to others as well.


back to top