Terminalcoffee discussion

Random Queries > Does March Come In Like A Lion And Go Out Like a Lamb?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Happy March! Winter is almost over!

I like stereotypical March. I like those days when the rain tries to bash in the windows and leaving the house, expecting to stay dry, is folly.

But today March looks like February. I guess March is, what, four hours old. But I want the sun out, first, and then the rain. Still, the local highs are all above thirty for the week. I don't like March when it's grey, and the snow is dirty, and I don't know about this going out like a lamb, part, that must be for a different part of the country...

message 2: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments March drudges out February and then sort of fades to spring so yes and no.

message 3: by Her (new)

Her Majesty (hermajesty) | 122 comments March here is dusty and yes, very sunny.

message 4: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Sunny is good, Her.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll take sunny, but you can keep the dust.

message 6: by Her (new)

Her Majesty (hermajesty) | 122 comments very is not, Larry :]

message 7: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I understand, Her.

message 8: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments I hope not because it just came in like a lamb for me and I do NOT want it going out like a lion. I'm OVER the cold weather and snow. DONE! (please let me be done)

message 9: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments beautiful blue skies with harmless white clouds, i am going for a walk later.

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Gretchen wrote: "I hope not because it just came in like a lamb for me and I do NOT want it going out like a lion. I'm OVER the cold weather and snow. DONE! (please let me be done)"

Me too.

message 11: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17319 comments Mod
March is fun here. We get wicked snowstorms, but average temps are in the 50s so the snow never sticks around for long. It's the best of both worlds.
For instance, today it was snowing when we woke up, but now it is sunny outside and I didn't even bring a coat because the afternoon is supposed to be nice.

message 12: by Misty (new)

Misty | 36 comments Beautiful day today in the golden corner of SC, but a winter warning for tomorrow...yuck!!! I am so tired of cold and snow (as if we really get that much snow; I guess that's why I'm not really a fan of it!). We had snow on March 2nd last year, too.

message 13: by Heidi (last edited Mar 01, 2010 07:55PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Other than the time thing, I LOOOOOVE spring so much it makes me wanna break out in "dance" like this:

imagine Heidi the ballerina girl :)

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Perfect song for a night owl like you, Heidi. :)

I do love the blooming plum trees we get in Olympia this time of year. They look all misty purple right now.

message 15: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) In an El Nino year, it comes in like a chupacabra and out like a chihuahua.