His Dark Materials discussion

Roleplay > roleplay?

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (hulloitsivy) | 630 comments ooh...roleplay? that would be fun

message 2: by Pan, Wanders in snow (new)

Pan (pantalaimon) | 426 comments Mod
roleplay? I like roleplaying sometimes. =D

message 3: by Anna Rose (new)

Anna Rose (rosierox) | 17 comments ok what do u mean?

message 4: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (hulloitsivy) | 630 comments so a roleplay is where people each create a character and "play" them by writing about them and what they are doing in the story.

ex: Joe placed the pizza on the table and waited for his friends to dig in. Nobody did. "are you guys ok?" he asked.

next person who is roleplaying: Kris nodded her head. "uh huh!...it's just that..." her gaze froze on the pizza. "we don't like anchovies..."

and so on and so forth. i'm not very good at explaining this. look up any roleplay on this site and you'll get the main idea. basically everybody is playing a certain character (or characters) and building a story.

message 5: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) omg! ivy, ur my hero here!!!

message 6: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (hulloitsivy) | 630 comments omg snowfooot!! yaaaay! you're good at this roleplay thing, right? yeaaah i should know. hahaha!

message 7: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) it seems like im in EVERY roleplay... i need a life... *grin*

message 8: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (hulloitsivy) | 630 comments hahahaahahahaha yeah. you do.

jkkkk

message 9: by Pan, Wanders in snow (new)

I made a seperate folder for the roleplay since it's so big. Arn't I nice? yes yes, I know.

message 10: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (hulloitsivy) | 630 comments uh huh. actually...
just kiddiiiing :D

a separate folder? oh i see. gots it.

message 11: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) awsum! thanks pan! makes sense though... yay for roleplaying! *sigh* but i hv to type up a paper... darn essays...

message 12: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (hulloitsivy) | 630 comments summer hw too?

i have 5 whole friggin' chapters on plants, a population something report, plant pressing, outlines, diagrams, sheets of questions, and another packet of stuff i can't name right now all for IB bio.

I'M BURNING UP!! IT'S SOOOOO HOOOOT...GRRR

message 13: by Pan, Wanders in snow (new)

summer homework? wtf? whoever thought of such a thing!? GRRRR (i hate biology!! HATE IT) passed with a B though. Just.. did the work. lol i don't remember anything of it though. Don't want to either. I like chemistry. Fun fun.

message 14: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) okay, so i hv to read a book, answer like 80 q's on it, type an essay on it. THEN, for AP Environmental science, i have to read 2 articles, summarize them, gather 25 newspaper articles, and find an orginization that helps the environment. *sigh* and for scouts, i need to type an essay on Cheif Ponitiac... too much work...

message 15: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (cheshire) I need to do my summer homework. *Ducks head* Of corse, that might be hard because I'm not sure where I put it..................

message 16: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (hulloitsivy) | 630 comments oosh, morgan. you MIGHT want to find that. -.-

i passed with an A in bio, freshmen year. horrible teacher tho. grrr. hate him. but he retired this year! shaaaah!!

hahahaha you AP people. lol

message 17: by Pan, Wanders in snow (new)

What's with all you people and summer homework? Crazies.

message 18: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (hulloitsivy) | 630 comments don't call US crazy. call our schools that.

message 19: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) psh, really pan. ...course, i KNEW there would b summer hw, but still... and i got i THINK an A in bio... may hv been an A-... and my teacher? stupid BEEP BEEP head!!! and he's retiring AFTER i graduate!!! like, his last yr is my last yr! and i want to take ap bio sr yr, but i dont want to cuz he's the teacher!! i'll probly take it, if my frend takes it w/ me. she made that class bearable! lol!

message 20: by Pan, Wanders in snow (new)

I don't get it though! none of my friends have summer homework. where do you get it? I've never even heard of it 'til you guys started talking about it. what kinda schools do you go to? Some of my friends take summer school, just to get credits, but i don't think that's the same. =( i'm confused

message 21: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) naw... not same as summer school... i go to public school, and we hv the option of taking AP courses, which can count as college cred. it takes the place of a normal class, and u generally get some work over the summer, cuz u cant cover all the material in a year

message 22: by Pan, Wanders in snow (new)

hm.. I take AP classes and I never had to do summer homework. =/ Maybe it's just easy in idaho.. >.<

message 23: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (hulloitsivy) | 630 comments and i'm in IB. international baccalaureate. even tho my bio class is two years long, we still have to go over ten chapters of the book cuuuz they can't go over ALL of the material before the test which iiiis in two friggin' years. grrrr...if we have to go over that much stuff over the summer and they can barely squeeze everything in during the years, i don't want to THINK about how the classes are gonna go!

message 24: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) yeah ivy, im with ya there! geeze... glad im in MI... and pan, the AP tests r the same nation wide... i dunno y they differnt course loads...

message 25: by Pan, Wanders in snow (new)

Well that's lame..