Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

29 views
Monthly "Reads" > sherry's feb. reads

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3487 comments i had a great month!

the endless forest - sara donati- loved this final entry in the wilderness series. donati wrapped things up nicely.
the story sisters- alice hoffman- i love alice hoffman's stories.
shutter island- dennis lehane- reread before seeing the movie with barry and carol. loved it as much the second time around.
kisscut- karin slaughter- another good read- second entry in the sara linton series
a change in altitude- anita shreve- this was just an "eh" shreve. i kept thinking the title was a change in attitude and was waiting for it..
breaking the silence- diane chamberlain- after shutter island, i needed a lighter, quick read and chamberlain doesn't disappoint in that area. ironic in that this book also dealt with treating mental illness in much the same was as in shutter island.
among thieves- david hosp- a quick read- a fictional account of what happened to the paintings stolen from the isabella stewart gardner museum in boston.


message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 13885 comments Sherry:
Great month!
Someday I plan to get to the Donati books! I can't forget The Story Sisters, it was very memorable.

Sherry wrote: "i had a great month!
the endless forest - sara donati- loved this final entry in the wilderness series. donati wrapped things up nicely.
the story sisters- alice hoffman- i love alice hoffman's stories. ..."



message 3: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3487 comments Ann wrote: "Sherry:
Great month!
Someday I plan to get to the Donati books! I can't forget The Story Sisters, it was very memorable.
"


ann-
i almost like the donati books better than the gabaldon books. it's a close call..lol


message 4: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments Sherry wrote: "a change in altitude- anita shreve- this was just an "eh" shreve. i kept thinking the title was a change in attitude and was waiting for it.

lol- loved this brief, but says it all, review!



message 5: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments Ann - I keep thanking Sherry for introducing me to Donati 'cause the books are fantastic. I would definitely RIO though.


message 6: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1562 comments Good month Sherry! I need to get back to the Karin Slaughter books.


message 7: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 1345 comments Let's just say I'm not that fond of the writing in the Outlander novels, but I adore the Donati books. To me, there is no comparison.


back to top