No Time for Goodbye (No Time For Goodbye, #1) No Time for Goodbye discussion

Did it explain ....

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elise (last edited Feb 28, 2010 01:02PM) (new)

Elise In "No Time for Goodbye" by Linwood Barclay .... why Enid was in a wheelchair. I just finished the book and really enjoyed it but was just wondering why Clayton's first wife was in a wheelchair. Did they explain it and I missed it?

Maggie I enjoyed this book - so easy to read - but no can't remember why she was in a wheelchair either lol

Chantele Nope they never explained it, I just assumed it was old age?

Laura Good point. That would have been interesting to find out why. I pressumed it was old age too. She deserved to be anyway- evil woman! :-0

Diane It has been a few years since I read this book, don't remember the character of Enid. I need to re-read it. I do remember that it was one of the best books I had read in a long time. Linwood Barclay has a new book out that I have on my "to-read" list.

Linda Some thing needn't be explained because they create an atmosphere of mystery and secrets, what was really what the book was all about.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I just finished reading the book. It took me only 2 days since I picked it up! You're right - there was no explanation behind how Enid ended up in a wheelchair, but I think it makes the whole story just a little bit more interesting. I guess, with a good crime novel, some things are just never meant to be uncovered?... 5 out of 5 stars!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

P.S. One more thing. I just realised I cannot remember what happened to Jane, Vince's step-daughter. Vince told Terry to take care of her just before he died, and I don't remember the author mentioning her again...Maybe I missed it, I'm not sure atm.

Mary Just finsihed. I did wonder how Enid ended up in the wheelchair but didn't place too much importance on it. Couldn't put it down. Amazing read with the twists and turns.

message 10: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary Julia wrote: "P.S. One more thing. I just realised I cannot remember what happened to Jane, Vince's step-daughter. Vince told Terry to take care of her just before he died, and I don't remember the author mentio..."

message 11: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana Janjic Just finished the book! It was amazing! I liked it very much!!!

Sarah I loved this book!!
The only thing I didn't enjoy about this book was what happened to Vince and Jane!? Perhaps I missed it, but when Vince was added to the story, it made the book so much more enjoyable! I was hoping to read about what happened to Vince!

As for the comments on why Enid was in a wheelchair, seeing as how Mr Sloan was dying I am guessing Enid was also dealing with the outcome of getting old, and you would assume that is why she was in a wheelchair, given the rest of the story, I don't think her being in a wheelchair was quite as relevant as the other parts of the novel so I never even though twice when reading about her being in a wheelchair.

Lyndl Enid need to be wheelchair bound so she couldn't get out of the car at the end