Paper Back Swap discussion

Introduce Yourself > Introduction

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Hi everyone!

I have been a PBS member since 4/18/05. Reading is one of my favorite activities, along with knitting, crocheting, and traveling. I have books in almost every room of the house and have been known to stay up all hours of the night and call in sick to work just to finish a book.

I am an avid reader of mostly fantasy, horror, and sci-fi but am open to anything that is well written.

I also enjoy mysteries and some romance, particularly if they are dark, complex or take place during a fascinating period in history.

Some of my favorite authors are China Mieville, Peter S. Beagle, Michael Bishop, Patricia McKillip, Robert Charles Wilson, Karin Lowachee, Brian Keene, Tim Lebbon, Simon Clark, Neil Gaiman, Jim Butcher, Octavia Butler, Anne Perry, Elizabeth George, and Thomas H. Cook.

Since I'm not very active in the PBS forums, many of you probably don't know me.

message 2: by Collette (new)

Collette (vwbernie) | 24 comments Hi Nancy,
Thanks for the invite. Looks like a fun group.

Hey! Someone else that has read Patricia McKillip. I just got a book from her since I hadn't read her in years. I loved The Forgotten Beasts of Eld.

message 3: by Nancy (new)

Nancy I loved the Riddle-Master trilogy and Something Rich and Strange. I really need to read her other books. The cover art is gorgeous too.

message 4: by Collette (new)

Collette (vwbernie) | 24 comments I'll have to look for them too. I read The Forgotten Beasts of Eld when I was a girl and have never forgotten it. I still have it somewhere packed away. :)