that one group on goodreads...! discussion

Debates > Harry Potter or Twilight?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 146 (146 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by elizabeth (last edited Feb 28, 2010 08:26AM) (new)

elizabeth (elizabeth-) Which one do u like better? Harry Potter or Twilight? I read both and i liked both too. But I think HP is more of a page turner. How about u?

♥♫♥BaybeeGrrl !RawЯ!♥♫♥ ive nvr read harry potter so idk

Devan, Sarcasm Expert (CuriousCat) Harry Potter

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

neither

message 5: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (cohlover) | 3 comments Percy Jackson.

message 6: by elizabeth (new)

elizabeth (elizabeth-) Autumn wrote: "Percy Jackson."

IVE ALWAYS WANTED TO READ THT SERIES!

♥♫♥BaybeeGrrl !RawЯ!♥♫♥ i agree with percy

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Harry Potter. Times infinity.

message 9: by elizabeth (new)

elizabeth (elizabeth-) yep :D

♥♫♥BaybeeGrrl !RawЯ!♥♫♥ percy is h-o-t

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Harry Potter by a huge margin but percy jackson RULEZ!

Devan, Sarcasm Expert (CuriousCat) I love Percy Jackson it was about it an American author wrote a really brillant young-adult series. Most of the good ones are British.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

i don't really notice authors backgrounds but i have to admit some really good ones' are british

Devan, Sarcasm Expert (CuriousCat) Yup me too.

♥♫♥BaybeeGrrl !RawЯ!♥♫♥ idk idc at all

message 16: by elizabeth (new)

elizabeth (elizabeth-) i think that harry potter was well written. thats why its a page turner

ok what is percy jackson about???

♥♫♥BaybeeGrrl !RawЯ!♥♫♥ like the book?

message 18: by elizabeth (new)

elizabeth (elizabeth-) yeah

♥♫♥BaybeeGrrl !RawЯ!♥♫♥ um this kid named percy is a demigod and he is protected by a satyr and then his mom goes to take him to camp halfblood while on the way a centyr squishes his mom and zeus thinks percy has stolen his master bolt so he goes on this huge quest to find it where he ahs to go to the underworld and face his uncle hades and he goes with this girl annebeth and a goat satyr thing

message 20: by elizabeth (new)

elizabeth (elizabeth-) cool thnx for the summary :)

♥♫♥BaybeeGrrl !RawЯ!♥♫♥ if it helped lolz

Devan, Sarcasm Expert (CuriousCat) Basicly its a modern epic

message 24: by elizabeth (new)

elizabeth (elizabeth-) cool

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

it's also really good! (plz don't judge by the movie)

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

HARRY POTTER

message 29: by elizabeth (last edited Apr 10, 2010 07:58PM) (new)

elizabeth (elizabeth-) i agree! hav u read the whole series yet?

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

no im still on the third book but they r really good so far

♥♫♥BaybeeGrrl !RawЯ!♥♫♥ I Cant Read The First To Boring

message 32: by Devan, Sarcasm Expert (last edited Apr 12, 2010 05:48PM) (new)

Devan, Sarcasm Expert (CuriousCat) I own all the movies. I think all the actors are great for HP. And my favorite one is the 4th because Robert Pattinson dies. Muhahahahahahahaha! I admit I have an great dislike towards him and most of the other actors on a respectable level. Their just so annoying, also I hate anything new and popular.

message 33: by Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (last edited Apr 11, 2010 06:57PM) (new)

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) Neither. At one time I would have picked Harry Potter, but this debate has been done to death, there is no connection between the two except for the Mary-Sue characters that exist in both. That is it. But if I was forced to choose because of some guy with a gun to my head I'd picked Harry Potter hands down.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

thank u but my fav movie is the 5th but not cuz rob dies even though i find twilight extremly annoying (no offence to anyone who does like it)

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) Rob played Cedric who died in the fourth movie. The fifth is that one where no one believes Harry about Voldemort being back, Sirius died in that one.
I only really liked the first two movies.

♥♫♥BaybeeGrrl !RawЯ!♥♫♥ Ive Seen All Have All

message 37: by Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (last edited Apr 12, 2010 05:26PM) (new)

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) I own five of the six Harry Potter movies and six of the seven Harry Potter books(but have seen and read all of them).

I refuse to own and Twilight objects without ruining them, I do plan to get the first Twilight book and with pen not all the things wrong with it. But I'm being smart with my money and refusing to waste money on it, so I'm waiting for a friend to get her hard-back copy so I can have her paper-back copy.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

ohh then the 4th is my fav

message 39: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) My favorite HP movie is the third. :) Go Sirius!

message 40: by Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (last edited Apr 12, 2010 07:44PM) (new)

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) I'm thinking of re-reading the series but spend the whole time trying to get into Voldemort's mind, I started to when I was in the seventh, but I want to re-try.

The movies took out 90% of the house elves parts. Rowling had to force them to put Dobby into the second movie.

message 41: by elizabeth (last edited Apr 12, 2010 09:44PM) (new)

elizabeth (elizabeth-) wow. I've read the whole series. I havent seen the movies yet, well most of them anyway. and wow (again) thats A LOT that they took out.
the house elves are a really big part of the series.

i really need to watch the movies!

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) it's ELiZaB3TH!.... ♥RAWR!♥ wrote: "wow. I've read the whole series. I havent seen the movies yet, well most of them anyway. and wow (again) thats A LOT that they took out.
the house elves are a really big part of the series.

i ..."

Warning that they changed 89% of the sixth one.

Devan, Sarcasm Expert (CuriousCat) The 6th one wasn't all that great, but I have high hopes on the next two.

Devan, Sarcasm Expert (CuriousCat) The 6th one wasn't all that great, but I have high hopes on the next two.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah me 2

message 46: by Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (last edited Apr 13, 2010 03:50PM) (new)

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) But they will lose some when comes to character deaths.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

true

message 49: by Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (last edited Apr 14, 2010 07:49PM) (new)

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) I bet they will find a way to not put Dobby in the movie.

Devan, Sarcasm Expert (CuriousCat) OH I know they will because I'm going to make them.

« previous 1 3