Chicks On Lit discussion

HELP I need a recommendation

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristie (new)

Kristie (spedkristie) | 385 comments So I am about to finish my audiobook The Pillars of the Earth and I need a recommendation for my next. I tend to like really long narrations.....short ones I can read faster than someone else can read it to me......

Thanks!!!

message 2: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) I recommend the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. The first book is Outlander.

message 3: by KrisT (new)

KrisT | 553 comments If you have not listened to the Harry Potter books you should absolutely go for them on audio. They won awards!

message 4: by Kristie (new)

Kristie (spedkristie) | 385 comments Jencey- I have heard amazing things about Outlander......KrisT- I don't know if I could audio them after reading them so many times.......I read them every single summer.......

THANKS.....

Keep ideas coming....I have lots of credits

message 5: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 1774 comments What about World Without End the next book by Ken Follett? I read The Pillars of the Earth and really enjoyed it. I have World Without End on my bookshelf but would like to go back and re-read Pillars before reading it. I checked and it is out on audio too.

message 6: by Jennifer W (new)

Jennifer W | 2175 comments I don't know about length, but my two favs on audio are The Heretic's Daughter andSong Yet Sung. They are both read by amazing narrators, and I don't know if I would have stuck with the books if I'd been reading them, but I loved listening to them. The Help was pretty good on audio, too. I listened to book 1 of Percy JacksonThe Lightning Thief, that was decent and it's a series.
Good luck with your next selection!

message 7: by Ally (last edited Feb 27, 2010 03:13AM) (new)

Ally (goodreadscomuser_allhug) Henry James always plays better on audio as his sentence structure tends to be very speech-like. I used to struggle with his books until I discovered the audio and got into the rhythm of his prose. - I'd highly recommend The Portrait of a Lady.

Ally

message 8: by Emily (new)

Emily | 269 comments Have you read or listened to any of the Janet Evanovich books? I liked listening to them, but if you want an even longer series to listen to, how about the Sue Grafton books? The James Patterson "Women's Murder Club" series was good to hear, too. Although I definitely second the Harry Potters. Jim Dale is an amazing reader, and even if you've read the books it's worth hearing them read by him!

message 9: by Kristie (new)

Kristie (spedkristie) | 385 comments Thanks everyone.....I alread read The Heretic's Daughter and Women's Murder Club....The Lightning Thief is my next book......but I will def. check out the others!!!!