Terminalcoffee discussion

Random Queries > Losing computer mojo?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori (new)

Lori I've been absent from here for so long, I went through a period of 2 weeks of just not posting which was good because it meant I was doing something in real life. But now it's been almost a month. I'd still lurk but TC is such a booming town I became lost and intimidated by all those VERY large red numbers, I even stopped visiting. I was wondering if others go through periods of internet inattention. I think for me it's a time of withdrawal not just because of real life, but some shift away from the world. Not sure if it's depression or what.

But I REALLY missed you all! And Sally, when are you due?

message 2: by RandomAnthony (last edited Feb 26, 2010 11:00AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I think stepping away is good sometimes, sure. I try not to comment on every thread, etc., because or else it looks like I have to be in every conversation. And you wouldn't want something fun to start to feel like a job. And sometimes days away from the computer are good, you know? Get some sun! Well, um, not up by you, I guess, Lori:) But I hope you're doing well.

What have you missed? Oh, Lori, Jim has revealed he's having Larry's baby. There's a thread around her about that somewhere...

message 3: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) *looks around nervously*

message 4: by Lori (new)

Lori Damn! I thought it would be Kevin's baby!

You hit it exactly, RA - after a few days of withdrawal for good reasons (gardening, reading, etc) it began to feel like a chore to keep up! And then of course I find myself feeling left out, which is ridiculous, since I was the one who backed off!

AHA! I did that in middle school through college - I'd back off from groups because of the need for a period of solitude, and then I couldn't get back "in" because I felt excluded. It all comes back to childhood neurosis, aha!

So I have just broken the pattern by posting, old dogs can learn new tricks. :P And yeah, I'm reaching far here, hopefully I broke that pattern awhile ago. Just goes to show how mundanely analytical I can get after being in the cave for too long.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Glad you're back Lori, it appears I need a pregnancy coach, are you up for it?

message 6: by Lori (new)

Lori Glad to help Jim. I always knew the Mad Hatter wasn't trapped by the normal gender genes.

message 7: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) Welcome back, Lori.

I think everyone does (and should) take days off sometimes. When I do, I just pick back up wherever I can - usually with a nice, unintimidating new topic with only a handful of posts. :)

message 8: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments my baby? if it is there better be an angel sneaking out somewhere because i have been fixed. can i sue my doctor if i am not shooting blanks?

message 9: by Lori (new)

Lori Just embrace your virility, Kevin!

message 10: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments just because of that i am feeling especially virile. i think my pecs just flexed involuntarily

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Lori wrote: "Glad to help Jim. I always knew the Mad Hatter wasn't trapped by the normal gender genes."

Isn't gender autonomy all that one can really ask for? :-)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "just because of that i am feeling especially virile. i think my pecs just flexed involuntarily"

Now your just teasing us Kevin ;-D.

message 13: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) It sounds like maybe we've solved that post-apocalyptic procreation issue without dismantling Larry.

message 14: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) :)

message 15: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17322 comments Mod
Lori, last Fall I only checked two or three of the hundreds of threads. I'd just log on every now and then to click all as read and maybe categorize a few, before logging back off. It felt divine.

Don't worry about catching up. All threads are in essence the same: poo, cheese, and the ficus.
And I'm due April 27. :D 8 weeks to go!