All The Books You've Never Read discussion

Challenges > March Challenge - 2010

Comments Showing 1-50 of 101 (101 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Feb is nearly nearly over. LOL. Ok... Time for a new theme to entertain our reading amusement.

I didn't want to go with the traditional theme. Drum roll!
March theme is Read a book with Green on the cover or read a book with "Lucky" in the title.

*Luck, Luckiest can also be used.*

Have fun with this one! As much green or as little green it doesn't matter. Enjoy :)

message 2: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) | 551 comments cool!

message 3: by Ayundabhuwana (new)

Ayundabhuwana (ayundabs) awesome, a very good challenge!! can't wait!!

message 4: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) | 551 comments now I just have to find a book with green on it.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

How about both?

message 6: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) sounds good to me, if I have time, ill read all 3

message 7: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) I want to read The Boy In The Striped Pajamas sooo bad. Tell me if you like it! :)

message 8: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) graceling is great

message 9: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Yeah, I've heard it's really good. :)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I object. I thought it was just ok. But we can talk about it once you are done with it.

message 11: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) That would be best. Dont y'all just hate it when people give away books that you haven't read? LOL :D

message 13: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) ???

message 14: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) | 551 comments Welcome to the Ark by Stephanie S. Tolan has green

message 15: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Oh you were posting what book you're gonna read. Understand it now. Haha :)

message 16: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) | 551 comments yeah. I am gonna read it. I have to for school

message 17: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) I'm sorry. What do you have to do with it after you finish reading it?

message 18: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) | 551 comments Why sorry? and I don't know yet

message 19: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) LOL, my bad. I was thinking of what I was gonna reply to a text message. Haha, I hope it's nothing hard. :)

message 20: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) | 551 comments …something with the characters

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I have no idea what book I'll be reading with green in it. March 1st and I haven't picked yet. I'll choose tonight when I go home and look at my book shelf.

message 22: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) I won't be starting Graceling until about Sun. or Mon. next week because I have to finish Little Women.

message 23: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) okay I changed my books
Violin by Anne Rice

and if I have time
The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory

message 24: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) | 551 comments I'm reading Welcome to the Ark by Stephanie S. Tolan now and will possibly also read If a Tree Falls at Lunch Period by Gennifer Choldenko this month

message 25: by Zakiya (last edited Mar 07, 2010 02:28PM) (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) I have changed my mind on what I'm reading. I am will read Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) by Richelle Mead instead of Graceling. It has a green tint to it, but you can't really tell unless you're really close to the book.

Since there seems to be a lot of confusion on what exactly is being read (and I completely understand that), once you read the book, try to post the name of it and the date you finished it in this topic. It will then be a lot easier for me to write this month's reading summary. Thanks! :)

message 26: by Zakiya (last edited Mar 07, 2010 02:34PM) (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) If I have time, I will still read Graceling (The Seven Kingdoms Trilogy, #1) by Kristin Cashore .

message 27: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) I have finished Blood Promise, and will start Graceling in the next few days. Yay for me!! :)

message 28: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) lol

yay for you!

message 29: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) | 551 comments Zakk! for some reason I can't message you back…I finished Welcome to the Ark

message 30: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) oh and I forgot, Ive finished
Violin by Anne Rice

now when I finish
The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) by Rick Riordan

Ill read
The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory

message 31: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) | 551 comments I'm currently reading: If a Tree Falls at Lunch Period by Gennifer Choldenko that has green on it. I'm reading House of the Scorpion for school…(no green) I was supposed to read to chapter 10 and I read waaaaay more

message 32: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Well that's good; you'll be finished with it a lot faster. Tell me when you finish If A Tree Falls At Lunch Period! :)

Great job LeONor, and thanks! ;)

Happy reading all!!

message 33: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) thnx

message 34: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) o and 4 u 2 zakki

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

*LeONor*PapeRDoLL wrote: "oh and I forgot, Ive finished
Violin by Anne Rice

now when I finish
The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) by Rick Riordan

Ill read
The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory"

I really liked The Other Boleyn Girl! I hope you enjoy it.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

1. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie by Sherman Alexie
Finished 3/14/2010

message 37: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) im really curious about tobg

message 38: by Zakiya (last edited Mar 14, 2010 02:31PM) (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) I'm sure you will like it.

Finally, Elyssa! I was wondering if you were gonna participate this month or not!! Lol :)

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

I had to get at least one book for my challenge. All the books I've been reading have red on the cover. LOL. I should of checked my pile first. But green made sense for St. Patrick's Day.

message 40: by Zakiya (last edited Mar 15, 2010 01:26PM) (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) True, I thought you were doing green for the first month of spring. . . . Never really thought of St. Patrick's Day. :))

message 41: by Jordan (last edited Mar 15, 2010 01:33PM) (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 181 comments Hrm. I read Forest Born. Which had some green. But probably not enough.

description

message 42: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) As long as it has just one speck of green, it counts! :)

message 43: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 181 comments Well, that was easy :)

message 44: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Haha, have you read the April Challenge topic yet?

message 45: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 181 comments Yep...that'll be easy too. I think.

message 46: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Yeah that was a little easier than the March reacding challenge when it came to picking out books. I might be able to read those two books, but IDK for sure.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Yup, one speck. We aim to please and to make reading fun. Everyone likes to be apart of a challenge and win, even if the prize is self happiness. :)

I just want to make it fun so people have fun picking out books. I always think that it makes me pick books I would not normally grab or that it helps me get some of my TBR books read. Which we all love as well.

Happy Reading!

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

1. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie by Sherman Alexie
Finished 3/13/2010

Working on Book number 2.

2. Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon by Sherrilyn Kenyon
About a quarter done.

message 49: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) ive started The Other Boleyn Girl

message 50: by Kate (new)

Kate (dressagelover) | 225 comments Kind of late I know but I'll read, and hopefully finish Graceling

« previous 1 3