Flight 815-ers Unite discussion

Theories > Alternate timeline Locke

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 70 comments Did anyone happen to notice this? In the alternate timeline (the non-crashing plane one) all the characters interact with Locke in some way but not necessarily with one another... Does this mean something?

message 2: by Lonnie (new)

Lonnie I noticed that and thought it was weird that they didn't seem to notice they were all on the same flight. Specifically, Locke didn't seem to remember Hurley from the plane. Kind of hard to not notice or remember Hurley.

message 3: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 880 comments Mod
Amanda, that is a great point. Not everyone has interacted with Locke though, Kate and Claire havent had any run-ins with him... but I do think what you point out means something.

I dont think it's odd that he doesnt remember everyone from the plane. I used to fly alot when I was younger, and if I had bumped into someone that sat on the same flight as me, I am pretty sure I would not recognize them.

What does everyone think of Jack's inability to remember when he had his appendix out? When he saw the scar, he looked very very confused. Remember, he never had his appendix out in the original time line.... Juliet had to take it out on the island a few seasons ago, when he got very ill and it nearly burst.

I think its interesting.... and maybe significant as well. The flash sideways fucked with the past, and so far the ONLY person who seems to be aware of it is Jack....

message 4: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (newtomato) Lori wrote: "What does everyone think of Jack's inability to remember when he had his appendix out? When he saw the scar, he looked very very confused. Remember, he never had his appendix out in the original time line.... Juliet had to take it out on the island a few seasons ago, when he got very ill and it nearly burst. "

My husband had a theory about that last night: what if this isn't so much about two parallel timelines diverging due to the bomb exploding, but instead is about two parallel timelines converging? That something is driving the two universes together?

message 5: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 880 comments Mod
That would be mindblowing ... how would the two timelines converge though? What would you (or his) theories be?

message 6: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (newtomato) Lori wrote: "That would be mindblowing ... how would the two timelines converge though? What would you (or his) theories be?"

Well, now I didn't say it was a well thought-out theory! j/k

Perhaps the "convergence" message is that Jack (as a person) really is more the guy on the island, not the guy in the sideways-flashes. And something is reminding/driving him of that "real" timeline?

But yeah, on deeper reflection I don't see how the story lines could converge in a nice neat way like in the movie Sliding Doors. (Have you guys seen that one? It's actually pretty good - interesting concepts.)

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 70 comments Cindy, I like that theory a lot!! That goes along with the story-line in the movie Donnie Darko. If you haven't watched it, do it because I read somewhere (Lostpedia maybe...) that the writers did take some things from Donnie Darko.

message 8: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (missfryer) | 34 comments Amanda, I love that movie.

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 70 comments Do it!!! Even if it ends up having nothing to do with LOST, it's still worth watching. :-)