The Book Ends discussion

Book Club > March Read: The Shadow of the Wind

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allie (new)

Allie (literarilythrilling) The poll is now closed and the winner is:

The Shadow of the Wind

Start reading whenever you get the chance! Discussion will start March 1st. Please, keep all discussions of the March book in this topic and make sure to announce if there are any spoilers in your comment.

Happy reading!!

message 2: by Springtosummer (new)

Springtosummer | 3 comments Yay
I just put it on hold at the library. There's one reservation ahead of me boo.

message 3: by Stéphanie (new)

Stéphanie (stephlrx) I have mine ready. I might read a few other books before this one but I'll get to it early March. Sounds interesting!

message 4: by Allie (new)

Allie (literarilythrilling) Take your time! I probably won't start until the 2nd week of March over my spring break.

I'm so excited for us to have our first discussion! :)

message 5: by Stéphanie (new)

Stéphanie (stephlrx) My spring break is next week so I'll have plenty of time!

message 6: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidithebee) Just ordered it on Paperback Swap... looking forward to a new read.

message 7: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidithebee) Just finished the book this morning. I'm still a little unsure of where I even want to begin discussing things, but I'm ready when anyone else is.

message 8: by Stéphanie (new)

Stéphanie (stephlrx) I just started reading it this morning.

message 9: by Springtosummer (new)

Springtosummer | 3 comments Yes, I just got it from the library today :)

message 10: by Allie (new)

Allie (literarilythrilling) I'm still working through this book but hope to have it finished over the weekend. School is winning in our constant battle!

I wanted to say go ahead and discuss the book, those of you who have finished. I wish I had checked this thread earlier! I was avoiding it in case you guys were talking about it, haha =]

I cannot wait to join the discussion! Once this paper on Beloved is finished.

message 11: by Jodi (new)

Jodi Johnson I finished this book over the weekend and I was amazed at how addicting this book was for me. Carlos Ruiz Zafon created a world that draws the reader in and does not release them until the close of the story. The character development was amazing; I enjoyed how he provided detailed histories on even the supporting characters. Within in the pages of this book was hidden information for the reader to discover and apply throughout this novel. His writing ability truly is a gift and he used this gift to create one of the best books I have read to date. I look forward to reading his other books within the next few months. I look forward to discussing the book more!

message 12: by Stéphanie (new)

Stéphanie (stephlrx) I finished the book too. The writing was really great but sometimes, the story just wouldn't move foward so I had a hard time getting through it. All the characters were amazing and the story had me guessing all the way through the end.