THE JAMES MASON COMMUNITY BOOK CLUB discussion

Authors and Their Books > AUTHOR FORUM - MARC VUN KANNON

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rick-Founder JM CM BOOK CLUB  | 7278 comments Mod
I was born in Bethpage, Long Island. After surviving my teen age years, I entered Hofstra University. Five years later, I exited with a BA in philosophy and a wife. I still have both, but the wife is more useful.
After dabbling in fulfilling pursuits such as stock boy, gas station attendant, and fire extinguisher service technician, I found my spiritual home as a Tier One software support engineer for Bottomline Technologies. Still married to that wife, too.
For diversion, along the way, I almost accumulated a PhD in philosophy and have my second BA in Computer Science. My first story attacked me in the dead of night at grad school, and won't let me go until I've finished it, but since it grows as I tell it, that may be a while. I feel that my real job is being a father to my three children, husband to my wife, and author to my books.
I, and they, now reside in Wading River, Long Island, New York.

Novels

The Flame in the Bowl: Unbinding the Stone
Author: Marc Vun Kannon
Publisher: Echelon Press
ISBN: 1590801407
Reading Level: Adult

All Tarkas wanted was to live the life he'd made for himself, get married, have children, as generations of his fathers had done before him since the beginning of time. The Gods had other plans, and Tarkas couldn't say no, even had they bothered to ask him. Between one footstep and the next they alter his life irrevocably, and he finds himself plunged headlong into a new world and life, full of magic, mayhem, monsters, and mystery.
For a new prophecy has pitted the forces of Nature against themselves, and the Gods are helpless. But when even the Gods' gifts have thorns, their need exacts a price that only a Hero would ever dare to pay. Only a Hero can act, and Tarkas has been chosen to do the things that must be done, with the fate of two Realms in the balance.

The Flame in the Bowl: A Warrior Made
ISBN: 1590804341

Tarkas has devoted his life to serving the gods, doing what must be done at a cost only Heroes dare pay. He has also served his adoptive clan, the NarDemlas, as Brother and Second to the clan leader, in preparation for the day a son comes into majority.
That day has come and the delicate balance Tarkas has maintained for more than twenty years is failing, even as it comes to an end. Chaos ensues when forces from his past erupt in the middle of a clan ritual, stealing away both Tarkas and the Heir.
In an instant, Tarkas is catapulted into the greatest mission he has ever known. As faceless enemies conspire in unspeakable ways to destroy all those Tarkas holds dear, he can only hope to buy their salvation with his life.

Short Stories

Boys Will Be Boys

In the town of Stones-Throw, the biggest outdoor sport was watching the shipwreck races. The biggest indoor sports were drinking, brawling, and jacking. Longshanks McGonigle wanted a drink. The denizens of the Port & Swill wanted a fight. And the ladies on the second floor wanted his...password?

Chasing His Own Tale

His Muse is on strike...
His Hero hates his lines...
His Villain has sworn revenge...
The Editors are in revolt...
What's an Author to do?

Off the Map

Sandi von Pier: wife, mother, caregiver. Recent abductee from her own universe, unwilling participant in an alien media event. She'd call it 'reality TV', except for the monsters. She'd think it was 'Interdimensional Survivor', except survival doesn't appear to be on the program. She'd rather not, but they'll throw her to the dragons if she refuses to play!

Anthologized

'Bite Deep' in Heat of the Moment

Christmas among the vampires!

'Ex Libris' in Triangulations: Taking Flight
Publisher: PARSEC Ink
Librarians- the first line of defense!

Marc Vun Kannon's "Off the Map"
Reality TV...without the reality!

http://www.marcvunkannon.com
Fantasy at its most magical. Sit and read a spell!
Please click below to read the message on Goodreads:

http://www.goodreads.com/message/show...

Enjoy!

message 2: by Marc (new)

Marc (authorguy) | 54 comments St. Martin's Moon is out! The book I had to invent a new genre to hold, Gothic SF!

Joseph Marquand didn't want to go back, he really didn't, but duty called and curiosity beckoned, and besides, it's not like his nights could get any worse. A werewolf attack on the Moon itself was something of a novelty, especially for Earth's greatest werewolf hunter, and if he could lay a few of his own unquiet ghosts to rest at the same time...Well, one ghost. Cynthia's ghost. The reason he'd quit space.
The people of Coventry Base definitely didn't want him there. Except for Candace, who was definitely in the minority. They'd found shelter there for a reason, and they were more afraid of the werewolf hunter than they would ever be of a werewolf.
Then the nightmares began, and the wolves of Coventry Base found that they were haunted by far more than just their curse. They were being haunted by Marquand's curse as well. The werewolf hunter had become the werewolves' only hope for salvation, but Marquand's only hope for salvation was in one woman with no hope, and another who didn't even know she existed.

THE JAMES MASON COMMUNITY BOOK CLUB

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

St. Martin's Moon (other topics)