Flight 815-ers Unite discussion

Theories > Question after re-watching

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (missfryer) | 34 comments Haven't the writers said they weren't sure where they were going in the beginning and that there wasn't some big plan from the start? Or something like that?
I'm re-watching Season One and I don't see how that could be true... it all seeems to come together quite nicely, especially "Raised by Another". Do you guys think the writers knew that Claire would be claimed from the beginning and that Kate would raise Aaron (in one reality?)

message 2: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (missfryer) | 34 comments Will we ever see Walt again?

message 3: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 880 comments Mod
Carrie, those are great questions. No - I think the Walt end of things are over. I think what we saw last season between John and Walt in the street... I think that was our closure, although I wish like hell I knew what his special powers were all about!!!

As for the knowing where the show was going, I think when they started, they had an inkling, but I do truly believe that as they moved deeper into the season, it sort of grew into its own. I dont think the ending we are going to get was the ending they had planned in seasons 1,2, or even 3....

Otherwise we wouldnt have so many loose ends. Walt, Libby, Anna, those characters that were just building a storyline, that were cut for bigger/more important things.....

message 4: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (missfryer) | 34 comments I see what you are saying. I have a hard time letting go of characters -- in books, TV, movies -- ha!

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 70 comments I have my doubts that the writers will tie up EVERY loose end by the finale, but I heard somewhere that even though characters that might not appear in this season (Walt, Shannon...) will be explained somewhat through other means. Like the whole thing with Shannon not being on the plane in the alternate timeline...that's a change to her backstory, and I'm sure we'll find out about that.

message 6: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (missfryer) | 34 comments Good point!

message 7: by Lonnie (new)

Lonnie Amanda wrote: "I have my doubts that the writers will tie up EVERY loose end by the finale, but I heard somewhere that even though characters that might not appear in this season (Walt, Shannon...) will be explai..."

I heard somewhere that Maggie Grace would be in a future episode. So there should be some Shannon alt-reality.