Kids/Teens Book Club discussion

Archives (Deleted&moved topics) > OPERATION BEAUTIFUL!!! (prev. general)

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alice (new)

Alice | 21 comments Why dont we all come up with a post it for
operation beautiful and post them around our local towns or schools :D

post a note below:
"keeping it simple means keeping it beautiful"

message 2: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments Hey, I didn't know there was a group for this :)

So, I've been doing this since I found the site a few months ago. And I posted one in the bathroom at the movie theater on Sunday...and someone found it.
It said
Smile, darling. You are beautiful and you are loved
And, like I said, someone found it...
From the site
Beth wrote, “I found a note that read, "Smile darling. You’re are beautiful, and you are loved." I found the note on a bathroom stall while at the movies. Thank you for making a good day into a great one. You are appreciated!”

Knowing that someone found it made me beyond thrilled. :)

message 3: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 4295 comments Mod
wow! Thats pretty awesome!!!!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

thats heaps mad :) im glad u feel good

message 5: by ★ Jess (new)

Maybe i should leave a note....

message 6: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments Yes! Do! :)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

i just write "have a nice day" everywhere :)

message 8: by ★ Jess (new)

good idea.
I think i will.
Though the other girls at school wont appreciate it...

message 9: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments Really? Why?

message 10: by ★ Jess (new)

I dunno.
It just seems like the majority of them wont care less.

Oh, but last year there was some serious bullying in the bathrooms on the mirror.
Some one had written all over it ****PERSONS FULL NAME*** IS A STINKING SL*T WHO HAS FOUR BOYFRIENDS< ISNT A VIRGIN, ****DOESS THIS AND THIS AND THIS BLAH BLHA BLAH*** it was really nasty!

message 11: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments Ugh. That's not good.

I post notes everywhere. I don't really go to school, so I post in public bathrooms...at restaurants, stores, etc. And my favorite place to post? In the fitting rooms at a store :)

message 12: by ★ Jess (new)

:D

message 13: by ★ Jess (new)

Yep, event though i am one, im still going to say this: "Girls can be bi*ches" NOT ALL OF US, just some. And when those 'some' do get bi*chy. Run for cover :S

message 14: by ★ Jess (new)

not all of us. Some of us.
I know i am some times :P

And boys can be just plain annoying occasionally too.

message 15: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments Girls are vicious. I mean, they have that potential. You want somebody taking revenge on you, you want it to be a guy, cuz it won't be nearly as bas as if it were a girl. And I'm a girl, so I would know.

I found a note back in flu season on a table. It said "Smile-- it's more contagious than the flu! =)" and it like totally made my day.

I'm in agreement that girls at my school wouldn't appreciate the notes in the bathrooms either. They'd just be like, "What stupid b**** would put something like that in a ****ing bathroom?"

Maybe next time I'm out shopping I'll post a couple, then. Hopefully I can make someone's day that way.

Jordan, that is so cool that someone found your note!!!!! That is just amazing. Go you!

message 16: by ★ Jess (new)

Yep, i totally agree with that comment. Girl can be VERY vicious.

message 17: by Annie (new)

Annie (annieiscool13) | 562 comments I did the note thing too! I don't know if anyone found mine.

message 18: by ★ Jess (new)

hahahahaha LOL Amber!!!!!!!

The girls at my school would just be like...

"Wow! Thats awesome...NOT, i mean, the lowlife who does sh*t like that, is a fu*king re*ard, go find a bloodly life, lol, HAHAHHAHAHA "

Yep, that would be their reaction

message 19: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments Those sound fairly similar to potential reactions at my school! ;)

message 20: by ★ Jess (new)

agreed

message 21: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments So, the girls at your schools wouldn't like it? Okay...but do you guys (girls :)?

message 22: by ★ Jess (new)

Ummm... I probably would, if i was the only one in the bathroom at the time. Otherwise it would just be....dunno. Not private?

Anyway, i agree Amber, heaps of words and phrases must be explained to be at school. Then i wish i didnt ask in the first place.

message 23: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments The thing about having to have things explained to you? That happens to me a lot. And most of the time I wish I hadn't asked..... *shudders*

I think I would like it.... I remember finding a message written on my chem lab table back when the swine flu scare was the big deal. It said "Smile--it's more contagious than the flu. =)" And it made my day. And every time I thought of it, I smiled.